Productivity

A New Love Can Heal An Old One [REVISING]

Yonghwa treated Shinhye food after her waterworks show. He bought her a double cheeseburger at McDonalds satisfying her appetite. "You feeling better now?" He asked her sipping his soda.

"Very much,” she bit into her burger. “Sorry, you had to see that.”

"Yeah I'm sorry I had to see that too. You looked messed up," he joked around.

"Jerk,” she glared.

"Hey I bought you food, now eat up!" He stuffed the last piece of her burger into . She chewed but continued to glare at him. After she swallowed and drank some of her coke, she checked the time.

"I have to go, thank you for the food!" She gathered her things. He grabbed her wrist to stop her from leaving. "What is it?”

"You’re not going to the library are you?" He suspected. She couldn’t bring herself to lie so she didn’t speak up. "You still want to see him? Even after you saw him kiss his new girlfriend?" He pulled her back down to her seat. Every time she got up he pulled her back down. "I'm going to help you," he told her.

"I don’t need help," she tried to get up again. This time he stood up along with her.

"I'm going to break your habit of going to the library,” he stated. “You’re finally going to move on from Daehyun.”

She’d like that oh so much. But it seemed impossible at this point, she was in too deep. Plus, “why would you help me?”

I don’t know, he thought. "Because you're my wife. You're not suppose to be liking someone else," he answered quick. She didn’t buy it and he could tell. “You’re getting me an A on this project wifey so I gotta return the favor somehow right?" Her expression softened. It sounded like a legitimate enough reason.

“Just because I’m a nerd, it doesn’t mean I’m letting you slack off on our project,” she warned.

“Of course,” he agreed. “Now let’s go do the thing you do best.”

"And that’s?" She asked.

"School work. We're going to work on that marriage project because we are newlyweds," he reminded. They walked back to his car.

"I thought you didn't care about school work," she accused him.

"I don't, this is different. We’re going to try your strategy,” he explained. “We’re going to work on this assignment all day and see if it really got your mind off of Daehyun.” Shinhye noticed he drove past the library she shared with her first love. Though her heart felt heavy, she knew this was what it took to moving on. Yonghwa brought them to a different library out of her district.

For the next two weeks, the pairs made in class are ‘married.’ They will experience the life of adulthood, are assigned pretend jobs and gain pretend salaries. They must calculate how much they pay for their bills, the rent and the expenses of having a child. Each pair will have different calculations depending on the amount of their income. In addition, their teacher gave them a baby doll. They must avoid any damage that may come to their ‘child’ and if any were to show, they fail. Simple right? At the end of their two weeks together, they’ll submit a paragraph of their experience. The paragraph will consist of  their life together. Were there any problems? Was the lifestyle to your preference? Did you like your partner or do you prefer a divorce? Why?

Shinhye finished all the calculations as Yonghwa put everything in a powerpoint. "You're pretty good after all," she admitted.

"I'm not stupid you know," he told her completing the presentation to the above and beyond. "I use to be the top of my class," he admits. She was pleasantly surprised. Actually, she was amazed.

"And why put up the I don’t care act?" She dared to ask.

"You know why," he shrugged. “I told you at the party.” He didn’t want to talk about his past again, he only told her that time because he was drunk enough to. She realized that now.

"Right. Sorry for asking," she apologized knowing the pain. She admired the outcome of their project, it was a guaranteed A. What a waste of talent. He has a lot of potential. She watched him work, he was focused on the library’s desktop computer they borrowed.

"Don't be,” he finished the last slide. “So are you thinking of you know who?"

"Who?" She asked playing with their baby doll. He smiled then took their ‘child’ out of her hands.

“Hear that kid? Mommy is doing much better!” He clapped the hands of the doll together.

Shinhye laughed at his silly behavior and was told by the librarian to quiet down. She apologized and smiled at Yonghwa. He held the the hand of the doll to it’s lips, imitating the strict librarian, “quiet down young lady.” He whispered in a nasally tone incredibly similar to the real deal.

The married couple completed their entire powerpoint. Now all they had to do was keep the doll in a safe place. This was Shinhye’s first time to actually like working with a partner. "Thank you Yonghwa,” she smiled genuinely at him.

“Anything for you wifey,” he clapped the hands of the doll together again.

 

A/N: Yeah I changed the title of the chapter :) Overall it's the same, but I added more fluff ^^