Because of him

A New Love Can Heal An Old One [REVISING]

"Hey there Shinhye," the librarian smiles at her. She went to a public library almost everyday after school.  Her first choice would be the school’s if Yonghwa didn’t taint it with his presence. She found comfort in finishing her schoolwork and rereading her favorite books in such a peaceful environment. It was also her refuge as where she could relax and unwind. For an hour, she took notes on WWII. When she finished that task, she reread her favorite manga InuYasha.

"Excuse me is anyone sitting here?" A familiar voice asked. She didn’t have to put her book down to know who it was. When she looked up, her eyes were met with a proud smile because he caught her.

"Didn’t I tell you not to talk to me? I also told you to stop following me too," She said. Yonghwa didn’t listen and sat in the seat facing her. He kicked back putting his feet on the table as usual. "Can you stop that? Our teacher may be alright with it but we’re in a library," she pushed his legs off the table.

"So do you usually come here after school?" He asked. Hopefully able to see her when he felt like it.

She didn’t answer him.

"Can I see you here after school whenever?" He asked.

"No, you think I'll keep coming here if you’re here? Why do you even want to see me?" She asked.

"I don't know," he replied. In all honesty he really didn't know why he came here. Sure, there was her being his first real challenge. But it wasn’t necessary. She simply fascinated him. As cliche as it sounded, she was different from the girls he played with. With Shinhye, he couldn’t play with her. He was trying to but it wasn’t working. “You’re the biggest nerd I’ve ever met.” He blurted.

"I'm leaving," she told him getting up. “And for the last time, don’t follow me.” She checked out her manga books and bumped into someone at the entrance dropping her possessions.

" I'm sorry about that,” the familiar voice spoke. “Oh Shinhye!" Daehyun pointed at her.

"Daehyun," she froze. YongHwa watched from the sidelines and thought about that name. Daehyun? Her first love. He realized.

"I'm sorry for making you spill these," he crouched down to pick up the books.

"Oh its okay I got them," she helped him. They reached for the same book and accidentally brushed each other’s fingers. She pulled her hand back immediately at the smallest contact. Her heart beated irregularly just being so close to him. He stood up looking at the book’s covers.

"You still love these series? Did you know it finished now?" He asked her amused she still read them.

"Yeah I know. I actually reread it," she answered timidly.

"I loved the show. I'm the one who showed you the series right? We used to swap books during study hall, remember?" He handed them back to her. She remembered perfectly. His mentioning of their past colored her cheeks pink. "You know I'm actually here to borrow InuYasha books. You didn't take them all did you?" He joked.

"No I didn't! I left the really good ones there," she assured him. Yonghwa was taken aback by her different behavior. He watched the two laugh and he couldn’t help but feel irritated that she smiled at the one who broke her heart. Something was up.

"Well I have to go now but it was nice seeing you here," he smiled then entered the library. She nodded and stood still in her spot.

Daehyun showed up again. Would he come back tomorrow? Shinhye thought to herself as she walked home.

“Come on Shinhye the past is the past,” she shook her head. No matter how she reasoned, that going to the library was for her studies, she always left out that little detail.

Because of him.

 

A/N: HA I FIGURED OUT THE LINE THINGY^ IT'S JUST A FREAKING BUTTON... Okay lol ignore my little excitement. But wow, this is such a short chapter. I hope it isn't disappointing, I really just edited a few things for this one. 

HA I miss InuYasha~