They Got Married

A New Love Can Heal An Old One [REVISING]

Yonghwa followed behind her, not to be annoying but to make sure she got home safe at this time. She didn’t see it that way. "Please just stop following me already," she turned to face him.

“You’re no better than me,” he said under his breath but she heard clearly.

"Excuse me?” She asked.

“That’s him isn’t it? Ahn Daehyun from your story," he hit the bullseye. She looked away hoping he’d drop the subject. "Do you go to that library to see him? Do you still like him?”

Shinhye gasped, "Of course not, I’m there to study. I would be at the school’s library if you didn’t follow me." He didn’t believe her, so he snatched her books from her arms. "Give it back!" He was much taller though so he stretched his arm up making her jump for it.

"Admit that you like him or I'll throw this on the road when a car comes passing by," he threatened her. She stopped jumping and glared at him. "There we go. Say it." He kept his arm up. She thought of a better idea and punched him in the stomach. He bent down to her level and she retrieved the book back.

"Come back here!" He groaned out watching her walk away with no remorse.

At night, ShinHye stayed up late to reread the manga books repeatedly. It was past midnight so she kept her bedside lamp on in order to read her favorite part. She sighed wishing the scene before her would happen in her life. She imagined Daehyun hugging her passionately, as the main character did to his love interest.

I wonder if you think about me sometimes. She thought drifting off to her dream world.

~School~

"Good morning class! I'd like to announce that we have a new student that will be joining us. His name is Jung YongHwa, please give him a warm welcome," the english teacher alerted. Shinhye rubbed her temples as she thought to herself, I must be cursed. Another class with him?

"Hey," he waved to the class and winked at Shinhye once he saw her. She rolled her eyes. The girls in their class gave him their undivided attention again but they received none back.

"Yonghwa you may sit next to Shinhye right there," the teacher instructed.

"Thank you," he told her.

Shinhye POV

What. The. ? Another class with him? Seriously?! Is the world out to get me?!

"Hey Shinhye we got another class together," he smirked at me. No , Sherlock. I breathed in deeply massaging my head.

"Alright class I got a new project for you!"

"WHY?!" The students broke out in complaints as always.

"Calm down! Don't worry it’s a fun one and you'll be in pairs!" She started out with a creepy smile. I wonder what this could be.

"In this hat I wrote on scraps of paper each of your names. When I call your name you will pick a piece of paper randomly. You can’t work on your own for this project. There is an even amount of students in this class so everyone will have a partner. Got it?" She explained. I groaned internally. I hate working with people.

She called several names and when it got to mine I was hesitant. I need a good partner that can sustain my A in this class. I closed my eyes looking the other way as I selected a scrap. When I read who I got, I literally yelled his name in horror. “JUNG YONGHWA?!”

"Aw I was hoping I got her!" My classmates always wanted me on their team. They'd use me for an easy A.

Yonghwa smiled like a five year old at the candy store. "Whatever," he calmly said.

After everyone chose their partner, our teacher seemed too excited to explain more of this project. She had us sit next to our partners and I didn’t even have to move, though I really wanted to. "Great!" She took out something small from her pocket. She pulled a string and confetti shot out of it and onto the class. "Congratulation! You're all married!"

"WHAT?!" Everyone yelled in unison. Including myself. Married? To that? I stared at Yonghwa in shock. He did his regular habit of sitting back with his legs resting on top of the desk.

"Great," he smiled at me. I hit my forehead on the desk miserably. "Don't hurt your head dear.”

"Shut up!" I yelled at him.

End of POV

A/N: Hey ya'll listen to this as you read the rest of this chapter please~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieXAJMMbUJM

Throughout the day, girls from her class were giving her dirty glares from a distance. They whispered to each other, "why does she get to have him? I want to be married to the new hottie!"

If they only knew. After school, she wandered around thinking of ways to maybe get out of the assignment. Or at least how she could cope with it. "Daehyun!" A girl called out. Shinhye hid behind a stairway as she watched them. Daehyun smiled as he gave the girl a hug.

"Hey," he put his arm around the girl. Shinhye's heart hurt seeing him with other girls. Although she never wanted to admit it, her feelings for him never went away. She thought burying herself in her studies would help her move on but it only made her miss him more. Especially after catching him go to the same library as her one day. The thought of possibly seeing him in her sanctuary excited her.

"Daehyun I have something to tell you," the girl spoke up. Shinhye didn’t like the tone of her voice. She also didn’t like how close the two had been for a while now. It wasn’t like she stalked them, she knew that was wrong to do. It wasn’t her fault, she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. “I think I love you.” She was right, it was a confession.

Shinhye watched in anticipation, wondering if he’d leave the girl just as he left her. He smiled and answered the girl with a kiss. When he pulled away he chuckled, “I love you too.”

ShinHye broke into tears as she watched them leave. This was exactly what she wanted, but knew she couldn’t have. She pressed her back to the wall and slid down to the ground bowing her head down. Meanwhile YongHwa looked around for his wife.

"Where could she be? She wasn't at the public library or the school library," he said to himself. He tried to think of other places but only her home came to mind. But he didn’t know where she lived. He heard a girl’s sobs and stopped to determine the direction the cries were coming from. He turned the corner of a building and was shocked to find out who it was.

"Shinhye why are you crying?" Yonghwa found her resting on the last two steps of H building. Her head rested on the wall as she hugged her knees. It wasn't his first time seeing a girl cry. Most times he caused it. But this time was different. She looked broken and completely shattered. The sight reminded Yonghwa of himself back then. "What happened?" He crouched down to her level.

"Just this once. I'll cry," she choked. “Because of him. Just this once.”

He didn’t have to ask who, he automatically knew. “Daehyun,” he spoke as he sat next to her not sure of what to do. He never consoled a girl before, he’d leave them there to cry out their stress. But she looked like she needed to hear comforting words. But then again, he didn't know how to do that. Instead he pointed at her all high and mighty exclaiming, “see! I knew you liked him!"

She didn’t need this now so she stood up to leave. But as expected, he followed.

"Stop following me," her voice broke.

"Admit you're crying because of him. You still like him," he was persistent. He wanted to be sure in order to help her.

She turned around furious. "FINE! I LIKE HIM!” She exploded before continuing on. “Why do you care? Is it wrong for me to like him? Can I not be like everyone else?" She turned around because she didn't want to appear so weak. It was hard to keep in her sobs so all she did was cover her face with her palms. He stepped closer to her still unsure what to do. He lifted his hand to pat her head as a way to console her. C’mon Yonghwa, she’s not a puppy. He frowned and dropped his hand back to his side. I’ll just stay here by your side. Sorry, but it’s the best I can do right now.

And it’s what she needed. His silence surprisingly comforted her and just having someone physically there knowing she was in pain, was enough.