What Happened Last Night?

A New Love Can Heal An Old One [REVISING]

A/N: I think I made this chapter longer than it originally was before and I added a few little things! I like the little changes I made too lol. Please comment on how you like it, I want to know your opinions. 고마워요~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This place is too loud!" Shinhye yelled out for her friend to hear. Music blasted throughout the house, maybe even echoing throughout the neighborhood.

"What?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" Soo Rim squeezed through the crowds looking for refreshments with Shinhye following. No way did Shinhye want to get lost here. The place was crowded with the entire high school. She saw some familiar faces but most were strangers. A lot of these kids actually came from other schools. ShinHye ended up losing her friend in the sea of people.

"Kang Soo Rim! Where are you!" She called out but failed after a couple of attempts. Feeling people’s eyes on her for yelling, she stopped. This was her first house party and already she attracted some awkward attention. She ignored the stares and walked around the house searching for her friend. Coming here was a bad idea, she thought.

Meanwhile, YongHwa arrived at the party with his friends.

"Hey I'll meet you guys later I'm gonna look around," YongHwa told them.

"You mean snoop around for some hot chicks right?" One raised his eyebrow at him.

"Yeah man you know me," he punched fist as they separated.

Shinhye decided to look for the refreshment table since Soo Rim after all, wanted a drink. She passed by all sorts of areas. One room was reserved for people who wanted to make out, another for games and even a home theater. This isn't a house it’s a mansion! Fortunately after finding the punch bowl, she found her friend beside it smiling at a guy.

"Soo Rim!" She glued herself to her best friend’s hip. Soo Rim was glad Shinhye was fine but her focus was on the stranger in front of her.

"Shinhye, good you’re not lost anymore. This is Dae Jung," Shinhye shook his hand and stood silently listening to their conversation. They were talking about a T.V. show she knew nothing about. Her legs were tiring so she spotted a clear spot on the stairs to rest and keep a sight on her friend.

YongHwa now stood at the same punchbowl. After he took one sip, he tasted the alcohol mixed in. He shrugged, it wasn’t a big deal to him. His eyes scanned the room, looking for his next heart to break. As though on time, he noticed ShinHye alone on the stairs. She stood out above the rest of the girls partying the night away. That was, because she wasn’t partying and she wasn’t dressed up for this event like everyone else. He filled two red plastic cups with punch and made his way to her on the stairs.

"Here,” he offered a cup to her. He leaned on the wall looking down into her eyes with a friendly smile. She hesitated at first but accepted the drink, afraid she’d seem rude to reject him.

"Thank you," she said before taking a sip. "This is punch?" She cringed a bit at the unique taste but thought nothing of it and drank more.

"I'm Jung YongHwa. May I?” He pointed to the spot next to her and she nodded. He sat down beside her, “what’s your name?" He held out a hand for to shake and she did so.

"I'm Park Shinhye," she answered before downing the rest of the drink in one go.

"Whoa slow down there," he took the empty cup from her. Being the gentleman he was at first, he walked back to the punch bowl to refill two cups for her. "What’s a cute girl like you sitting alone on the steps?" He asked sitting back down.

Shinhye ignored his compliment and drank on. She also quite liked the burning sensation the drink gave her as it slid down . She took another sip as soon as Yonghwa handed the cup back to her. "I really don't know what I'm doing here at all. I should be at home studying," she hiccuped after finishing both cups. "Give me more punch," she punched his arm. He chuckled drinking his then did as she said.

"You’re at a party right now. Just put off your studies till tomorrow," he suggested.

“No no no,” she shook her head cutely before slurring her words. “I have to study right now, every second of every day.”

“That’s pretty intense,” he chuckled at her words then took another sip. “If you do that then you won’t have time for fun. Like spending time with your friends or even better, your boyfriend.”

Shinhye scowled at him, “I don’t have a boyfriend and I don’t need one.” She lifted the empty cup to her lips and made a small whining noise. “Relationships are a waste of time.”

"Oh really? What about love?" He asked scooting closer to her entertained. She stared at him unable to comprehend what he meant. "Is love a waste of time? Did you have a special someone in your life?" He knew he was no better but his focus was put all on this drunk studious girl.   

"Love? Someone special in my life?” She narrowed her eyes at him and slapped her hand against her chest dramatically. “I don't need any of it! No one needs it! It only gives you a broken heart!" She pounded her chest. He finished two cups, feeling a bit tipsy, but above all happy because he agreed with her. And he found her slurs hilarious.

"Let me guess, you loved someone but they didn't accept it," he shrugged resting his back on the higher steps behind them.

"Yeah! Are you psychic?" She hiccuped.

He smiled and lightly pushed her forehead back as she leaned in too close, “let’s just say I understand.”

Shinhye hiccuped again and her lips formed a silly smile. “You were dumped,” her pointer finger tapped his nose. His eyebrows perked up when she guessed right. Then she pinched his cheeks with both hands like an old granny, “it’s okay little baby. Love is stupid anyways.” He didn’t like being babied so he grabbed her wrists and looked deep into her dazed eyes.

“I’m a man,” he smirked. She blinked twice and tried to shake his hands off but he was much stronger than her. She shook her head as she still tried to free herself. “Look at me Park Shinhye,” he ordered in a playful yet commanding tone. In her drunken state she was very obedient, so she looked back only finding his face much closer than before. “Tell me about the guy who hurt someone as beautiful as you.”

She gulped.

Gotcha. He thought his tricks of seduction paid off once again.

She pouted and began telling him her story. Throughout the night the two drank more and even he finally felt the poisonous liquid tap into his drunken state. Her head rested on his shoulder and his on her head.

“She was hot,” he said. “And I guess I wanted to believe someone like her could love the nerd I was. But of course it was too good to be true.”

“What a ,” she blurted out. “How could she dump you? You’re a good guy.”

Yonghwa chuckled, “I know right.” He bowed his head a bit forward to look at her face. “And how could he reject you, when you’re such a good girl?” He meant those words sincerely. Shinhye stared at a specific spot on the carpet feeling her heart tug. It had been a while since she opened up old wounds. Having this guy listen to her so well and share words of comfort that she longed for, Shinhye let go of her tough act. Just this once.

Her eyes began to water and she sniffled fighting back any whimpering sounds she might make.

"You're crying," he turned her face towards him. He held her face in his hands wiping the tears with his thumbs. Although her face was damp and red, she looked beautiful in his eyes compared to the profile of girls he usually played with. As he admired her looks, she couldn’t help but admire his. There was an invisible force drawing their faces closer together. Maybe the deafening music of the party finally worked their ears off to the max because everything was inaudible around them. There were people talking loudly and laughing over a few jokes, but the two didn’t hear any of it. The only sensations she felt were his soft touches on her skin. And him making the first move by pulling her forward to press his lips against hers.

Did time stop?

The Next Day...

No it didn’t.

"Ugh what happened last night?" Yonghwa scratched his head. He woke up next to a sleeping girl that leaned against his body. He found his arm wrapped around her shoulders, she used it as a pillow. It took a couple of minutes to remember her name: Park Shinhye. He looked down at themselves, "we're still wearing our clothes." Good. He sighed out of relief.

"Damn its hot," he took off his jacket and shirt before looking back at her. She breathed heavily and she looked like she was sweating in the sahara desert. He took off her extra layers so that she only wore her tank top and jeans. "There, let the breeze cool you down,” he murmured. He got a good look at her as she slept like an angel.

Majority of last night’s partiers experienced hangovers shortly after waking up and a bunch were still passed out around the house.

"Huh? What happened last night?" Shinhye finally woke up and sat up straight on the steps.

"Thats what I asked when I woke up too," YongHwa sat back down next to her. She looked at him and her eyes widened at his shirtless body. Her eyes went down to herself and she gasped seeing her stripped of some of her clothes.

YongHwa crept towards her understanding her reaction, "now stay calm."

"AAAH!" She freaked out backing up to the wall. "Stay back!" She stood up hugging her body. YongHwa rolled his eyes then picked up her clothes and stepped closer. “Don’t come closer!” She held out her hand in front. He shook his head and placed her clothes in her palm.

He offered her his arm and she only shot him a confused look. “Let’s go,” he said.

"Where?” She questioned. Her stomach growled and he smiled.

“To cure that and your hangover,” he answered before hooking her arm with his.

“No no no let me go!” She pushed him away but stumbled back. Before she’d hit the ground he caught her in time, accidentally keeping her close to his still shirtless body. Shinhye shrieked at the sudden skinship and slapped his face on impulse.

"That’s not how you thank someone! " He yelled rubbing his cheek. She regretted hitting him the second she did it. She just wasn’t use to close proximity with a stranger. Especially since her memory of last night was still a blur.

"I-I don't even know you. So stay away!" She held her head feeling a huge pressure press down her temples. “Whoa.” She bent forward in pain, one hand at her head, the other grabbed out to whatever was closest. She grabbed his arm.

This girl. Pushing me away then holding on. He looked down at her. “Your hangover hurts doesn’t it? I drank more than you did but I’m fine because I’m used to it,” he stated. Or more like he bragged. In a response she gripped his arm tighter as her headache worsened. “Agh!” He shouted.

Serves you right. She quickly realized it was morning. She slept over a stranger’s house, woke up next to a shirtless stranger and was experiencing her first hangover. She let go of him and made her way out of the house.

“Do you need help?” Yonghwa followed.

“Nope, don’t follow me!” She shot him a look and he knew not to be a creeper. He shrugged and only went back inside the house to find his friends.

ShinHye's POV

"We didn't, we couldn't have!" I was back in my T-shirt and held my jacket to my chest. "On the stairs too?!" I had filthy thoughts of what might have happened last night. Was it safe? Did he use protection? I couldn’t remember and it actually hurt trying to remember.

I stop to turn around and watched his go back inside the house. He’s kind of hot.. oh my SHUT UP. I continue on my way pushing immature thoughts away. I unconsciously put a finger to my lips unsure. I couldn’t remember what exactly happened. But a tingling sensation on my lips at least told me my body did. An image of the boy's face an inch distance away from mine flashed. That was enough to fluster me and turn my face into a deep shade of red.

“Yonghwa,” I spoke. That’s his name.

End of POV