Sweet

A New Love Can Heal An Old One [REVISING]

Shinhye POV

The neediness in the way his lips crashed onto mine matched my own. I've always craved this. I've always wanted to kiss someone I genuinely liked and perhaps may be falling in love with. I wasn't falling off that cliff I imagined myself standing on the edge of all the time in our 'moments.' Instead I flew. 

His hands held my face and I dragged mine from his shoulders to the back of his neck playing with the ends of his hair. He seemed to like it because I felt him smile against my lips making me grin along with him. Our mouths broke off for hardly a second because we laughed softly. He pressed his lips onto mine again and moved at a gentler pace. I made a small noise at the back of my throat because the way he kissed me was so innocent, it wasn't like anything I'd expect of a player. But I could feel through our kiss he was showing me how true his feelings were. I wasn't like any of the girls he messed with and he made sure I'd know that. 

I let him part my lips and welcomed his tongue in my mouth. Whoa. He played with mine for a few seconds then he on my upper lip. I accidentally let out an embarrassing whimper and hoped he didn't hear it. But of course he probably did. I peeked one eye open to catch him with both of his eyes open staring at me. He smirked and I cringed at how lame I was. "Don't be embarrassed," he whispered and I felt his breath against my lips. "I like hearing you." 

Strawberries, cherries or raspberries, whatever fruit that was red was exactly the color of my face in this moment. Our foreheads were touching and I looked into his eyes. He looked deep into mine before he moved his gaze down onto my lips again. "You're pretty good at kissing for someone who's never kissed before," he complimented.

"I have kissed before," I said. I leaned closer so our lips would brush against each other but we weren't kissing just yet. "You took my first kiss at the party remember?" 

"I wasn't in my right mind at the time. Right now is our first kiss. This is how I want to remember it," he said before capturing my lips again. Who knew making out felt so good? He didn't cup my face anymore, his hands were on my waist pulling me closer. Our chests were pressed against each other but he still didn't feel as close as I wanted him to be. Was I becoming desperate? I wasn't sure but I knew I was getting better at kissing because even Yonghwa made a noise. I'll take it as a good sign. My body felt hot and his warmth wrapping around me didn't help. Everything was heated and I didn't know where we'd end up if we continued. What I knew for sure was that I didn't want to stop.

"Park and Jung!" An older voice interrupted our make out session. We pulled away from each other but Yonghwa kept an arm around my waist. "Detention after school in my classroom for public display of affection. The bell rang five minutes ago, now get to class you two." We both bowed our heads watching our English teacher walk away. I know I said my face was extremely red earlier but now it surpassed the levels of red. I stiffened in his arms but my legs were turned to jelly. I was a contradiction, my body was fighting itself. 

"Hey," Yonghwa called. I turned to him aware that I was blushing idiotically just having his face this close up to mine. He kissed my forehead and smiled with such adoration. "Like I said, don't be embarrassed. And I'm sorry I got you detention miss teacher's pet." 

"I hate nicknames," I groaned. 

"I know," he copied my tone. He held my hand then walked me to my class. I forgot we didn't share every subject together and I wanted to roll my eyes at myself because that little fact disappointed me. "See you at lunch then?" I nodded and stepped into my classroom only to be pulled back quickly for a stolen peck on the cheek. I would have been smiling widely if it weren't for the many pairs of eyes of my classmates on me. 

"Glad for you to join us Park Shinhye," my teacher announced. I quickly sat in my seat and waited for the lesson to continue. My teacher wrote a couple of math equations on the board then turned around with her eyes on me. "And by the way Shinhye, you two look very cute together." 

My class went, "ooh," in unison and I hid my face on my desk waiting for lunch to come by faster. 

---

I managed to get through a bajillion questions about my relationship with Yonghwa from my classmates. I was used to attention because I was already asked of favors for helping with their homework or plainly just doing their homework for them. They wanted to get close to use me before and even now. Except this time it was to get to Yonghwa; the charismatic ladies man. Did people not have anything better to do in their lives? Did high schoolers crave popularity that much? Did they want the 'd' that badly as my generation puts it? 

Whatever.

"Hey ," a rather strident voice greeted. I didn't react the first time because I wasn't sure I was the one being spoken to until she called my name. "Shinhye the has a nice ring doesn't it?" 

I was on my way to the cafeteria for the anticipated lunch. I was excited to see Yonghwa but my stomach growled for my first and forever true love: food. I wanted to continue on walking as though I didn't hear her but I was too late because I paused. "I'm hungry Leeyoung I don't have time for this," I said as I turned to face her. 

She rolled her eyes and scoffed, extremely pissed at my response. Her face looked pinched to the center and I wondered why she was so hateful all the time. "Are you okay?" I dared to ask.

She scoffs again, a very common trait of hers. "Shouldn't you be asking yourself that? You're already fake as and now you're trying to have two guys at the same time? You think dressing up like this will cover the fact you don't have your life together? You think you can get away with this y personality that no one will hurt you because they'll think they can't-" her voice broke and she looked away to the lockers. I stepped forward and tried to see her face. Tears were dripping down her chin and I may dread what I'm about to offer right now. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked.

I hear her sniffle. I expect her to scoff again and reject my help. But instead she looks back at me with her mascara running down her face and nods weakly. 

We walk in the opposite direction of the cafeteria knowing majority of the student body would be feasting there. So we go to the place where I escape, my sweet haven the library. We sat in the back of the room hidden by shelves of history books that no one touches. "You thought you could seduce Daehyun by coming here all the time? If you wanted to turn him on you should have dressed like this in the first place than what you usually look-" I stood up ready to leave when the insults came back. "Wait," she grabbed my hand and looked up at me. "I'm sorry I just... I don't know, I don't know how to talk to people." 

I sighed and sat back down beside her. "This is the first time I set foot in a library since middle school," she confessed. I did my best to stop my jaw from dropping because the library is so important to me how could someone not come here all the time? Sorry my nerd is coming out. 

"How were you able to do assignments if the teacher specifically instructed using a book as a resource?" I asked.

"Yonghwa did all my homework," she confessed. "I'd rewrite everything and somewhat revise his words so they'd be mine. I used him." Why am I not strangling you for using my boyfriend right now? "What I did was wrong. What I'm doing is wrong. Everything I do is wrong. I know I ed up and I know I am ed up." 

"Why? Why do you use people?" I asked. "Do you really like Daehyun? What was the whole point of blackmailing me that time?" 

"I was like you once Shinhye," she started. "Quiet until something interesting came around. Daehyun was interesting. But I pushed thoughts of him away because I wanted to focus on my studies just like you until some horrible girls attacked me in the halls during a class session." Her eyes were filled with tears again recalling the memory. "Not only did they leave me with injuries but with an idea. They told me I could never be good enough. Not for Daehyun or for anyone else because I was a nerd. Because I was just different from them I guess.

"So I changed to prove them wrong and to show that I could fit in well. I could be y, bold or whatever the they wanted me to be. I could be what Daehyun  liked. I tricked myself into thinking I was actually better than everyone because I could put on a y attitude and wear a mask made up of makeup all the time. Then I used Yonghwa in order for me to continue to do well in school and it gave me more free time with Daehyun. I didn't even care that I broke Yonghwa's heart because I was focused on getting what I wanted.

"I really liked Daehyun. It turned out he liked me before I became a and he even stayed with me after it. But now I'm thinking it could be because of the way I dress and the way I kiss-" I cleared my throat. "Whatever. The thing is I'm a to you Shinhye. I released the frustrations I have for myself unto you when I should have turned to you for help.

"You remind me of my old self and I wanted to beat the out of you for that because I'm jealous. I'm jealous because you didn't make the choice of becoming a about this like I did. You made the right choice when I couldn't. You're the better one and I can see why you have Daehyun and Yonghwa by your side." She wiped her tears with the back of her hands so I gave her some tissues I kept in my bag. "I became the people I hate the most and I almost continued the cycle. But luckily you're much stronger than all of us."

"No one is better in this and I'm not stronger than anyone," I state. I help point out some parts of her skin that she missed and even wipe off the smudges of makeup for her. "You're not ed up Leeyoung. The people who did this to you are and you need to let go of their words because they don't define you. Who you want to be is up to you and if anyone sees you as something negative then that's their problem not yours. Your own opinion of yourself is what's really important. what other people say." 

"I guess burying yourself in your nerd books helped a ton," she sniffled. I smiled and shook my head.

"I read some really good novels too you know! I didn't just study," I reason. 

"Any suggestions?" She asked. 

I shrug and reply, "you sure? I didn't know you could read." 

That made her laugh and shove my arm lightly in a playful manner. It was a wonderful contrast to the way she bumped into me during our double date. "I can read! I was a book worm like you once remember?" I roll my eyes thinking okay okay. "I can't ask for your forgiveness right now Shinhye. I am sorry but I think the forgiveness I must seek out first is my own. So after I accept my faults can I ask for your forgiveness?" 

"Sounds fair Leeyoung," I nod. "What are you going to do about Daehyun?" 

"Do you want him? I mean he's a great kisser but he could be rather controlling and this is coming from me," she confessed. I clicked my tongue and flicked her forehead lightly. "What the Shinhye?" 

"Thanks for the tip but please try not to toss people around like they're objects," I advised.

"Okay," she leaned her head on my shoulder exhausted from the waterworks. "I think you're going to be my first girl friend I've had in forever." Not sure how I feel about that yet... 

"I feel embarrassed demanding this but don't bother Yonghwa alright? I'm not threatening you but if you put the moves on my boyfriend you're dead," I warned awkwardly. She chuckled softly and replied a soft yes. "You're not falling asleep on me are you? There's probably less than half an hour left till lunch is over and I didn't eat."

She whispers, "fat ," a second before loudly snoring. 

"Oh c'mon!" I throw my hands up in annoyance. I could feel my stomach vibrate and it isn't just because I received a text message. 

"Shinhye?" I look up to find Daehyun standing in front of us. "I knew I'd find you here. I wanted to talk with you."

My stomach shook again and I instantly forced Daehyun's (ex) girlfriend onto him. "Another time sorry and you two need to talk more than I do," I say as I dash out of the library.

---

Third POV

"Where the is that girl? There's no way she'd miss out on food," Yonghwa moved his fingers over his smartphone waiting for a reply. Her plate resting on the opposite of his held food that slowly adjusted to room temperature. He grumbled because he paid extra in order to get her food so she wouldn't have to wait in line. However she was absent for majority of their lunch period. 

A gush of wind brushed his cheek and his girlfriend sat next to him at their table. "Sorry there was this thing-" 

"Something more important than food? Where were you Shinhye?" He asked with a hint of jealousy in his tone. She rolled her eyes knowing where this could head. 

"I had to talk to Leeyoung and is this my plate?" She pointed at the now cold food. 

"Yea it is, I ing paid extra for it so you wouldn't have to wait in line. But what the did you talk to Leeyoung about? You know I'm still curious about what you two talked about back at the zoo when you both used the restroom. I didn't ask before but I'm asking now and you better not be keeping secrets from me because-" 

She grabbed the collars of his shirt and crashed her lips against his shutting him up. Her lips moved fast and fervently. Yonghwa tried to keep up with her unexpected pace but she pulled away just as he started. Her lips moved to one cheek to the other, his nose and back onto his lips. This kiss was now slower but just as passionate. She caressed his tongue with hers sensually leaving no spot untouched. Her ears weren't deceiving her when she heard him groan and from that she softly moaned in his mouth. A reminder of their detention after school flashed through her head so she reluctantly broke the kiss. 

She smiled staring at Yonghwa's dazed reaction. He was the one left in a dizzy spell as she wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face in his chest. "What was that for?" He asked. "Like tell me what I did so I can continue doing it." 

"Just being a great boyfriend," she answered. "For paying for my food when you didn't have to. Thank you for that. I won't ever take advantage of you." 

"Sure felt like you were taking advantage of me just now," he joked.

She laughed and pressed her lips on his neck. 

"Not that I'm complaining," he mumbled. She laughed again, music to his ears.


A/N: I finally updated! I love it when couples kiss~ I've been in Korea for about two weeks now and it's AMAZING. If you ever get the chance to go to Korea, GO DO IT. SERIOUSLY! It's super cheap here to shop and eat and if you guys have questions about it, I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge so far lol. What's even more awesome is this Friday I'm actually going to a kpop festival and C.N.Blue is part of the line up! I get to see Yonghwa in person performing! Lmao, all I'm going to think about is how handsome he is, how talented he is and the fact that I'm writing a fanfic on him. 

>_< Hope you guys liked this update, lemme know your thoughts! 감사합니다~ ^^