Sweet Lies

A New Love Can Heal An Old One [REVISING]

His breath brushed my cheek lightly as my gaze moved from his eyes down to his lips which were nearing slowly. The air felt heavy as though an actual weight held me down to my seat. His hand gently moved from my arm to where my shoulder and neck met to pull me closer to him as he leaned in. He was making a move on me and I did nothing to stop it. I waited for the final push off the cliff that I stood at the edge of. I was waiting for that exhilirating thrill people got high off of when they were in love. The euphoric sensation people felt when they were kissed by their lover. I was waiting to fall. 

"Your pictures are out!" Leeyoung shouted from outside.

Today's not the day I guess.

He removed his hand from me and the space between us grew on the small seat. "We should go," he cleared his throat. I nodded and exited the photo booth first. Leeyoung looked through our photos and handed them to me after capping her permanent sharpie. Just what did she... "The did you do to our pictures?" Yonghwa questioned when he looked at the strip. It wasn't horrible. Only one of the photos was ruined and they were black marks on my face. My nostrils were colored in, random teeth were out and I had horns drawn on my head. "You bit-" 

My laughter interrupted Yonghwa as my eyes narrowed at the picture. "You gotta admit that's pretty funny," I choked out. 

"Right because it's an improvement," Yonghwa mocked. I stuck my tongue out at him and he did the same. 

"You're right Yonghwa it is," Leeyoung agreed with no joking tone behind her words. There goes my attempt in cooling down the tension. 

"I think it's time to leave," Daehyun suggested and I've never been quicker to agree even before when I openly drooled over him. Yonghwa shot me a look after I agreed with him but I brushed it off as nothing. "But how about we meet up at the arcade near our school's district, should be near the public library." 

I didn't know which was more ridiculous. A distracting playland next to a knowledge filled study center or that Daehyun is mentioning the library. Sure he couldn't be implying the library being the place he and I sometimes would 'run into each other' or as Leeyoung and even Yonghwa would define as 'me stalking him.' Getting straight to the point, I just felt so bothered that he mentioned the library. I guess I'm the more ridiculous one. 

"Yeah we should," Yonghwa spoke. Now I didn't expect that to happen. "Let's go now. We'll meet you guys there." He grabbed my hand and led me out of the zoo once the other couple went along with the plan. We walked to our separate cars in the parking lot, my fake boyfriend and I to his car, the other two made their way to Daehyun's.

When Yonghwa backed out of the parking spot he said, "yea we're not meeting up with them." 

I unconsciously smiled at the white lie he pulled. 

"If you want to fight me then do it when I'm not driving but if you want to yell at me then go for it," he added. I just sat back and smiled as I enjoyed the stress free ride. I was out of Leeyoung's evil clutches for the time being and the uncomfortable presence brought by Daehyun. Yonghwa looked at me and noticed my carefree attitude. "Looks like I did the right thing actually." 

"Yes you did," I admitted. 

"So do I get a reward for it?" He asked cheekily. I snorted and flicked his forehead as he drove. "That's not a reward!" 

"You'll take what I give you," I chuckled before looking over our strip of pictures from the photo booth. They were cute really. If I were a stranger and I looked upon these photos, I'd believe these two were in fact a couple. But not everything is what it seems. 

However the last three shots spoke the loudest. It was when Yonghwa and I were, I guess, in our own world. We no longer paid attention to the camera and only onto the person beside us. His eyes bored into mine and I was lost in his. His arm stayed secured around me and comparing each third to the last picture, it was noticeable our faces grew closer. And although I swore I stayed frozen as a statue, I too had actually leaned into him.

That's scary.

---

Yonghwa's POV

. So close. So freaking close. But still so far. 

I'm losing it. And it felt like I was losing her. But how can I lose someone I never had? 

She was staring at our pictures and I can't believe she laughed at what Leeyoung did to it. I was so sure she'd blow up right there and then but no she surprised the out of me. Kill them with kindess she said. Patience is key she said. You're a ing saint Shinhye because I want to kill her with something else. 

Okay enough of this morbid talk.

More importantly, her lips were right there for the taking. We were merely inches apart but I had to go for the dramatic effect and take the time to savor the moment we were sharing. move. The next time I get the opportunity or am even blessed to get as close to Shinhye if she allowed me to, I'm going in. 

Why did she allow me to anyway? I mean we already agreed on what was acceptable for skinship and she made it clear that kissing was not ok. 

Maybe in that stubborn heart of hers, it was ok. For that brief moment. 

I parked my car on the curb outside of my best friend's house and we didn't leave my car until after he replied to my text about me visiting him. "Isn't this the same house-?" 

"Dude," Dae Jung greeted us with Shinhye's best friend walking next to him. 

"Hey man," I waved. 

"Soo Rim what the hell are you doing here?" Shinhye punched her arm. Glad to know she's not violent to me alone. "You should be in school!" 

"You're not my mom!" She frowned rubbing her arm. "And I could say the same to you! Plus you still didn't explain this," she gestured to me. 

"Well," Shinhye looked away in guilt. "I can now." 

"Hey you're Soo Rim's best friend Shinhye right? I remember you from the party I held like weeks ago," Dae Jung stuck his hand out to her. She nodded and shook it. 

"I didn't know that this was your house at the time," she blurted. "I see you're very close to Soo Rim." I smiled knowing she wanted to change the subject to prolong explaining everything to her best friend. 

"Yeah she's awesome. I don't know why she didn't tell you this but we're together now," he answered. Okay, now I'm surprised too. My brother from another mother didn't disclose this to me? 

"Well it looks like I'm not the only one who has some explaining to do," Shinhye crossed her arms exuding an authorative feeling. I found it attractive. I don't care if I sound like a ert, she was hot. 

I left Shinhye and Soo Rim to their girl talk in the living room as I talked with Dae Jung in the kitchen. "You didn't tell me you were dating Soo Rim," I said. "I'm usually the first to know about this kind of thing. You'd even tell me when you're thinking about asking out some girl." 

Dae Jung opened a can of coke and handed me one before explaining. "Isn't it obvious? I never bother you when you're focused on a new target," he sipped his drink. I leaned back on the kitchen counter and peeked at Shinhye who sat on one of the couches. "Though I must admit I thought you weren't going to win this one considering the way Soo Rim described her. But after today's gossip at school, you always do get the girl." 

"She's not a new target," I clarified. 

"Right and I'm not hot," he joked. I nodded playing along and he held up a fist as though threatening to punch me. We laughed and he continued on. "One does not simply stop player ways especially if that one is Jung Yonghwa." 

"Well believe it because I've stopped," I opened my can of soda and took a sip. "I'm trying to be serious with this one, I don't think she's anything like Leeyoung." 

"Has my man fallen in love?" Dae Jung put an arm around my shoulders and shook me. "Has he fallen prey to a woman yet again?!" 

I pushed him off and shook my head. "Hey I may have stopped playing with women, but I'm the one who gets fallen for okay?" 

"You better not break this girl's heart dude. She's the best friend of my girl and I don't want my girl sad," he warned. I assured him I had no intention of doing so and felt envious of how pure hearted he was towards girls he dated from the start. With Shinhye, she was my clean slate. I wish I met her from the start I ever got into dating. 

"If anyone's heart is going to break it'll be mine," I told him. "I feel like she still has feelings for the guy who hurt her the first time and I'm trying to heal her but I don't want to overdo it. She's too fragile yet strong you know?"

"You're so corny do you know that?" He asked. I smiled hearing Shinhye's voice telling me 'your corny antics won't work on me.'

"She tells me that a lot," I mentioned. "I gotta be honest with you now because you're my best friend. But Shinhye and I aren't really in a relationship.

"Long story short; to make her first love jealous I'm her boyfriend and we're just playing the part," I explained. "So anything you see of us or hear about us, it's fake." 

"Everything? Because I heard a lot of things," he said. 

"Oh and what sort of things?" I was curious about the ridiculous rumors that flew around the school. Students loved to gossip, it helped pass the time during boring lessons and stressful exams. "Is it something like school's player melts the heart of school's nerd?"

"Yeah actually. People think you're the best charmer to get Park Shinhye to go out with you," he nodded.

"Of course I'm a pro at women," I boasted. I couldn't help but feel a bit proud after the built of my player status. Of course those days are over but it was a title I worked for a while now. "I told you whether it be reality or through rumors, the girl will fall for me.

"Whatever. So nothing is real between the two of you," he pointed out.

"Yeah. Nothing is real between us," I nodded then waited for him to continue on his interrogation. I took the time to look back at Shinhye on the couch but I didn't see her or her friend. I shrugged and assumed Soo Rim showed her around the place.

"Yet? Nothing is real yet?" He asked.

"Okay enough lying, she may feel nothing for me yet. But I feel something for her. That's for sure," I confessed. "Just this one time I'll be the first to fall. But I gotta admit even though none of it could be real, it feels like it is sometimes." 

"Oh Romeo Romeo wherefore art thou Romeo?" Dae Jung sang terribly and I threatened to dunk my drink on his head. 

---

Shinhye POV

"Isn't it obvious how Dae Jung and I are together? I'm always chasing his at the mention of him aren't I?" Soo Rim practically barked at me. "I don't know why you're upset I didn't fill you in when you're always busy with your studies or so I thought." 

I felt guilty for not being the friend I should have been. It wasn't Yonghwa's fault either, I always ignored the world including Soo Rim before he came into the picture. It was years ago and I still cringe at the thought of the past yet what's worse is my treatment towards my loved ones. Soo Rim knew what went down but we didn't elaborate more on it, I never mentioned it to my parents either. I just put up invisible walls and shut myself in. 

We sat on the couches of Dae Jung's living room and now that I wasn't confused by the huge crowds or splitting headache of a hangover, his home is beautiful. I don't take back that it was huge, it's extremely spacious which could be good or bad. A big home for a big family or a big home that felt empty. "I'm sorry Soo Rim," I apologized. "Seriously I haven't been a great friend for the longest time now. And it's all my fault for not turning to you for support. All I did was run and hide leaving you out." I took her hands in mine as I sat in the opposing couch to face her. 

"I understand why you did it," she spoke. "You're still my best friend but sometimes I feel like I can't tell you everything because you either wouldn't care or-" 

"I care. Trust me I really do care. Your problems are just as important or even more important than what happened to me like a million years ago," I assured her. 

"Well I don't have super dramatic issues now, I mean as you can see," she looked around the living room we sat in and I copied. "I'm doing pretty good." We both laughed because before I obsessed over Daehyun, she had been the anticipating princess in her high tower. And finally, here's her castle. 

"You guys are so cute too. I can tell he really likes you by the way he looks at you," I but meant every word. She blushed and peeked back at the kitchen behind us. We were able to see the backs of the boys leaning against the counter and knew we should probably let them continue on their guy talk. "So you guys skipped school too huh. Aren't you bold for going over a guy's place when his parents aren't around?" 

"His parents are out of the country for a while. They're taking a long honeymoon month trip," she explained. "They're trusting Dae Jung to watch over the house and you know what he told me?" Her expression brightened in excitement and brought my head closer to to whisper. "He wants to copy his parents and take a long honeymoon trip with me if we ever stay together for a long time. And he's making it a year long instead!" I pulled away because she shrieked in my ear but I was still happy for her. 

"That sounds ridiculous," I stated. She almost yelled at me for ruining her fun but I continued, "but I'm just saying that because I'm very jealous. I hope that happens and I hope for at least a week I could tag along that trip." 

"Of course! You and Yonghwa that is," she smirked bringing him into the subject. "Now spill because you didn't text me like you said you would." 

"Okay it's long but basically..." I explained in full detail where Yonghwa and I stand. I explained what's fake and what's confusing me. I loathed talking about my growing romantic feelings towards someone because it could lead to heartbreak. My talking it out may even strengthen my feelings for him uneccesarily because when I fangirled over Daehyun with Soo Rim, I swear it sparked it. But this was good. At least I was finally having a long conversation with my best friend like old times before we even got involved with guys. "I don't want to try anything with him because of obvious reasons. But I'm so curious, I mean..," I bit my lip and lowered my voice into a whisper. "I think I wanted to kiss him too because I just waited for him to do it. I'm crazy right?" 

"You like him," she snapped her fingers. It was a mannerism of hers whenever she made a decision. "You like him and you want to fall deeper yet you're scared. And oh right, yes you're crazy." 

I rolled my eyes and lifted my hand to slap the same spot on her arm that I hit earlier. She avoided me quickly and in revenge for my attempt, she stood up climbing over the couch. "How about I ask Yonghwa then? If you're crazy or if he's just as crazy in love with you?" 

"You're the crazy one, come back here!" I yelled in a hushed tone as I chased after her. We stopped abruptly behind a wall when Soo Rim pulled me back. "What are you doing?" I asked quietly. She put her index finger to her lips to silence me and then cocked her heads in the direction of the kitchen for me to listen. I wasn't a fan of eavesdropping but I couldn't help after the first couple of words I heard out of Yonghwa's mouth. 

"Is it something like school's player melts the heart of school's nerd?" Yonghwa asked. What?

"Yeah actually," Dae Jung spoke. "People think you're the best charmer to get Park Shinhye to go out with you."

"Of course I'm a pro at women," Yonghwa boasted. I gasped lightly. Did he lie to me about stopping? "I told you whether it be reality or through rumors, the girl will fall for me." I scoffed softly and couldn't believe I've been played with again. 

"Whatever. So nothing is real between the two of you?" Dae Jung asked. Did I want to know the answer to that? All these conflicting answers my heart gave me were so irritating. I couldn't move from where I stood but I don't think I wanted to hear Yonghwa's answer. Dae Jung is his best friend, he wouldn't keep any secrets from him. So whatever I hear now must be the truth. 

"Yeah. Nothing is real between us," Yonghwa answered. 

Well there we have it folks. I'm an idiot. I cried. 

Oh boy did I cry. 

I ran out of the house avoiding Soo Rim's hand trying to reach out to me. I cried over a lot of things. I cried over the way I mistreated my friend and my parents. I cried over my foolishness in middle school because of Daehyun, over the weakness I displayed to Leeyoung today. But I mostly cried over the sweet lies I let Yonghwa feed me. 


A/N: Haven't updated in a while because I got sick. I do love writing so I'll try to update as much as I can but please understand even if you ask for me to update soon it doesn't motivate me to be quicker. It just makes me feel bad actually >x< Hopefully this update doesn't upset you too much too lol. DRAMA BOMB for the yongshin couple~

In the meantime as I recover from my cough, I'll try to update and binge on The Walking Dead. Who watches that show? That show is amazing ugh.