His Story

A New Love Can Heal An Old One [REVISING]

Jung YongHwa's POV

Today is the day. I'm finally going to tell her how I feel on the last day of school. Next year we'll be freshmen and hopefully next year we'll be together. I'll finally confess my love for her. She waited for me at the front as I asked. Great she’s alone.

I snuck up from behind and covered her eyes, "guess who."

"Who else does that to me YongHwa?" She took off my hands. I sat next to her with this goofy smile on my face. Come on man you can do it!

I held her hands in mine, “I love you.” She slowly stood up pulling her hands out of mine.

"Oh damn it. I was afraid it might come to this,” she looked off to the side.

"Come to what?" I asked.

"Look, thank you so much for everything. Because of you I passed and that’s all I really wanted... not you." Her words split me in half. "You're a nice guy and all but just forget about me alright? It was fun while it lasted." She kissed me on the cheek becoming no more than a horrible memory. She used me.

END OF POV

Later that summer break YongHwa heard from his friends that his ex had been dating some guy from a public school. Same time he'd been with her.

Two Years Later...

"Congratulations class! Everyone earned a B or higher on their last test! However as usual we have one student who failed. YongHwa! You didn't even try!" The teacher furiously slammed his fists on his table.

"Hey I drew you a nice picture of an elephant for number two! I consider that trying," he kicked back in his seat, resting his legs on the desk.

"You're retaking this test after class,” the teacher ordered.

The two of them stayed there for hours. The teacher kept a tiring close look at YongHwa, who didn't even write his name at the top. The only thing he did, was draw another elephant.

"Is it because you don't know the material?! Do I need to hold you back?" The teacher kept tugging onto the ends of his shirt. He held himself back from ripping his hair out of his skull.

"I am not taking this class again. It’s just, I don’t take this test seriously! I mean, look at me. I'm young and I should be out there having fun. Will this test get me a girlfriend? God knows it didn't get you one! Will this make me live longer? Keep my looks forever? God knows it didn't make you look good either! We’re obviously both tired so I’m going to rest and you can leave too," YongHwa rested his head on his desk ready to take a nap.

That was the last straw for the teacher. "Get out! I don't want to see you here at this private school ever again! In fact, I'm sure no private school will take you! You'll be forced to go to a public school!"

"Who cares," YongHwa got up crumpling the test then tossing it behind him. As he left the campus, his teacher went insane and destroyed his own classroom.

"What took you so long?" A girl in heavy makeup with a tight mini skirt linked arms with him. He pushed her away irritated. "There’s a big party tonight full of those public school kids. Lets go together baby!"

"Don't call me that anymore. I'm tired of you." He started to walk away with her following behind.

"What do you mean?" She hikes up her skirt trying to get closer to him.

"It means I don't want to see your desperate face ever again," he stopped to flick her forehead, leaving a red mark.

"Yah! You jerk!" She stood there in shock he'd leave someone as hot as her. She almost considered chasing after him if it weren’t for her heels.

Party tonight? Why not? He thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: 안녕! I'm taking out Korean terms from the story because now that I'm learning it, I find it a bit strange in my writing. Plus whenever I write the romanization of it, I just feel more comfortable having it in hangul instead. So yea, just a heads up about that. I'll continue editing, hope you guys are liking the small changes so far! I'll try to add something, I only realize now my chapters were super short. Thanks for the support as always! 고마워요~