Her Story

A New Love Can Heal An Old One [REVISING]

Eighth grade in Shinhye's POV

Today is the day. I'm finally going to tell him how I feel on the last day of school. Next year we'll be freshmen and hopefully next year we'll be together. I run towards the bus stop where Daehyun and I always met up after school. A smile stretches across my face from ear to ear. There he was, plopped on his seat waiting for me. I sneak up from behind him to give him the usual scare.

I tap on his shoulder, "Daehyun I'm here!" But as usual he didn’t even flinch. Huh, probably because I do this everyday.

"You seem happy today, what’s up?" He asks me.

"Well today, I'm going to finally tell you something. Something that I've been keeping from you for a long time now." I start.

"What? You kept a secret from me?” He faked a shocked expression and I smiled. “Well you better hurry up because I'm waiting for someone."

"But I'm here already," I giggled.

"No, someone else. So make it quick," he scanned the area a bit antsy. Whoever he was waiting for seemed important. He wasn’t focused to hear what I had to say but... No. I won't lose my chance, it has to be today!

I shut my eyes in embarrassment, "Ahn Daehyun. I..I love you!" I finally told him. He finally knows how I feel. I waited a while for a reply but received none. As I slowly opened my eyes, I found no one sitting on the bench with me.

I'm alone.

"Where did you go?"

End of POV

At the start of summer break, Shinhye heard the news from a friend of Daehyun seeing a hot chick from a private school. He in fact heard her confession that day, but chose to leave immediately. This way he thought she'd get over the insane idea of them being together. In his eyes, she was only a friend who followed him everyday. She didn't mean much to him as he meant to her.

Two Years Later...

"ShinHye! You coming to that party tonight? It’s FRIDAY!!!" Her best friend Kang Soo Rim nudged her arm. They were walking home together and her friend took the opportunity to ask. There was hardly a day ShinHye was never in the library right after school.

"I can't, busy with homework. Maybe next time." She shrugged rejecting her like always.

"Oh come on you liar! Everyone knows you finished all the homework due next class and the class after that! You have nothing to do tonight!"

Shinhye scoffed, "you don't know that! I might have to help my parents on some stuff."

"Stuff like what?" Soo Rim asked.

"Important stuff! Just leave me alone!" Shinhye brushed her off as she headed upstairs of her apartment.

"Whatever 4.0 freak! I'll see you next week I guess," her friend grumbled as they waved their byes.

"You're home early today. No library studies?" Her mom greeted washing the dishes.

"No I finished all of my work. Is there anything you need help on?" ShinHye tried to lend a hand with the plates but her mom pushed her away.

"No you must be tired if you’re ahead of your studies. Go out! Have some fun with Soo Rim, I heard you guys talking about tonight. A party sounds like fun!" Even her mother wanted her out of the home.

"I don't need to go some party,” she plopped herself on the couch. “Especially when I can stay with you and dad.”

Her mother shook her head entertained by her teen’s unique thoughts. "There might be cute boys there. For once you'll meet a guy, fall in love-"

"I don’t care about that mom,” she groaned. “You know what, I don’t have time either. In fact, I think there might be a test next week! I should go study!" She blew up the second the dreaded topic entered the conversation.

Hours later after being cooped up in her room, Soo Rim spontaneously barged in.

"I am not taking no for an answer! You are dressing up and going to this party with me!" SooRim had a fiery look in her eyes.

"Mom!" ShinHye shouted. She wasn’t too surprised, this sort of behavior was common of her best friend.

Her mother entered her bedroom, "I agree with her ShinHye! Go out or you're grounded!"

"What the hell?!" She stood up perplexed. And just like that, the two girls were on their way to a big party that housed the size of their school. Just a bit more exciting than a night full of reviewing math equations. Who knows, maybe Shinhye will lighten up a little?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey everyone! Here's the first revised chapter! I hope you guys like it. I still at grammar but this sounds much better than my middle school self right? Btw because I'm so excited about it, I'm going to Korea this Fall! I've applied into this study abroad program by my university and I got my acceptance into Ewha Womans University. I even got my plane ticket and passport. This will be my first time flying off island and riding a plane in GENERAL. Any tips for my first trip ever? If not, that's okay lol. Hope you guys liked this revised chapter~ 

고마워요!