Past Through You-Know-Who's Eyes

A New Love Can Heal An Old One [REVISING]

He never took her for the dating type. She was too quiet around others and always hid her face in a textbook. But not around him. She was the exact opposite to be precise. It didn't matter how often the topic changed, she'd ramble on and on about what interested her in it. She was playful. She used to greet him by shielding his eyes with her palms and tell him to "guess who!" Of course the answer was obvious who it was because only she did this. At first he found her attachment to him annoying. He ignored her on purpose sometimes when she called out his name. But over time he grew fond of her and at one point even considered her as a little sister. "What are you reading?" She asked.

"It's this manga called InuYasha," he answered. Their 30 minute recess break began and all he wanted to do was continue on where he left off in his book. He was seated comfortably gluing his eyes to the pages. She hovered over his shoulders trying to follow along wherever he read. "Just sit down. I don't want you breathing down my neck like that." 

She did as he said and mumbled a quick sorry. "What is it about?" She asked.

"It's a long storyline and I don't know if you'd be interested," he replied. 

She sat up straight and crossed her arms. "Try me," she challenged. He sighed and faced her knowing full well how persistent she was. 

"Fine but you can't interrupt me okay," he said. She nodded with the enthusiasm of a puppy wagging it's tail. He chuckled and explained the storyline throughout the rest of their free time. She listened to every detail and her eyes shone with curiosity. "Now let me read in peace." 

"This sounds awesome, do you have more of these books?" She asked holding up the volume he brought.

"Only a few," he said taking his book back.

"May I borrow?" She tilted her head to the side with a sweet smile. He knew where this headed. Lending her his books would form a connection. He or she would contact the other to return the books and they'd definitely have to meet face to face for this. "I promise to return them and if you don't believe me, I can give you my number." 

Did he want anything to do with her? He already dealt with her at school.

"I don't know," he answered honestly. It wasn't that he disliked her, he didn't want to give her false hope. "There are some of these in the school's library. Just borrow from there." 

"It's not the same," she looked away. "I want to read exacty what you've read so far. So we could talk about what we liked about it or disliked and yea.." Her crush on him was far too obvious but he was too nice of a guy to reject her bluntly. 

"Alright here," he pushed the book to her on the desk.

"Aren't you reading this now?" She asked. 

"Break's almost over and I already read this one. I'm just rereading it," he shrugged. 

"Oh.. in that case thank you," her face flushed red as she held his book. He sighed then ruffled her hair, surprised her face could turn a deeper shade.

"You better return it in good condition by tomorrow," he demanded as the bell rang. They had different subjects so it was time they walked their separate ways. 

"Bye Daehyun!" She waved before he turned a corner. He looked back and gave an acknowledging nod. 

"Is that Shinhye?" A friend of his walked alongside him. He nodded again. "That's the loudest I heard her speak. But then again she was talking to you." His friend's eyebrow lifted teasingly and Daehyun shook his head.

"I swear I'm too nice for my own good," he stated.

"But that's not a bad thing. It landed you a hot girl who I believe is texting you right now," his friend pointed out the light notification on his cell in his hand. Daehyun read the message: I got my 'boyfriend' to do my project for me. Are u free tonight? ;)

He typed a reply: I still got hw to get done. And that girl I mentioned to u gave me her number and I didn't even ask for it lol

She replied: Wtf? She's so obsessed with u lol. U should just use her the way I use my guy for school.

"Is she cheating on her boy with you? You're not nice afterall," his friend hit his arm playfully after peeking at their conversation.

"Shut up," Daehyun chuckled.

At the end of their middle school years, he finally set it to Shinhye straight that he wasn't interested in her the way she was, though his method was far from gentle because no words were spoken. She had found out from her peer's regular gossip and never spoke to Daehyun again until running into him in high school at random times. Their interaction was too short to be considered a conversation, they were small talks consisting of 'hey how are you, I'm doing good thanks.' 

Daehyun noticed the increase in her studying. He heard his classmates talking amongst one another of Shinhye's high intellect, how she had no social life regardless of her one friend Soo Rim and ways to use her straight A streak for their personal gain through group projects. He did nothing. He listened and continued his life with Leeyoung on his arm after she broke up with her nerdy boyfriend. Well, as she described him. 

He was an average student and used the library when needed to. Every time he visited the building, there she was. Shinhye's eyes raked the pages of a textbook, one hand turned the page as the other jotted down notes. He felt a tinge of pity for her when he noticed the dark bags under her eyes. Why does she overwork herself so much? Does she really not have a social life? He found himself wondering what she did for fun and if her eyes still lit up at the mention of the series they shared.

As if on cue, Shinhye closed her textbook and pulled out a volume of InuYasha. He watched her lips curl up at whatever she read and his mouth copied. You're still the same after all.

Without much thought, each visit Daehyun made to the library in their district, he smiled at the possibility of seeing the studious girl who was in love with him. 

---

"Fill me in right now," Soo Rim demanded the second she saw Shinhye and Yonghwa's hands intertwined.

"I'll text you later about it I promise," Shinhye let go of his hand to stack a couple of books into her locker. 

"Why not now? We got half an hour before class starts," her best friend questioned. Shinhye looked to Yonghwa and his hand found hers again. 

"May I steal your friend for now please?" He asked Soo Rim with a crooked smile that probably killed many fainthearted girls in the past. "My friend is in your first class and actually wanted to look for you-"

"Bye Shinhye, text me later!" Soo Rim dashed out of there before Yonghwa could finish his sentence. Shinhye shot lasers into her best friend's back for ditching her so easily. 

When the two made their way down the hall, clusters of girls were whispering frantically about their joined hands. Guys were staring in shock that Shinhye actually let someone in her invisible circle that wasn't a teacher or her best friend. "Are you guys dating?" A girl bravely confronted the two just as they were about to sit on a bench outside. 

Thinking quickly, or maybe not at all, Yonghwa pressed his lips to Shinhye's temple and smiled to their classmate. "Yeah," he answered casually. 

"Oh... that's nice.. I guess," the girl made no effort in hiding her disappointment as she walked away. Shinhye still froze feeling the spot where his lips touched tingle. 

"This is nice," he sighed happily and rubbed his thumb over her hand. He leaned in closer to whisper in her ear and she nearly flinched worried he'd kiss her again. "We look convincing don't we?"

After her nerves stopped shaking she spoke, "whatever. But you don't have to lay it on so thick unless you-know-who is here." 

"What does Voldemort have to do with us?" He asked. She slapped his stomach as hard as she could with her free hand. "Okay I get it. But I can't believe you still can't even say his name." 

"I said it at the party didn't I? When I gave you my whole backstory," she scoffed.

"You were drunk at the time so that doesn't count," he bumped her head with us. 

"Ow that hurt!" She shouted.

"You want me to kiss it to make it better?" He asked.

"Gross," she scowled at him. 

"You have to keep up the act too you know," he said. "You never know who's watching."

"Yeah sure I do," she rolled her eyes. "For your information I'm not an actress-"

"Shinhye," Daehyun stood in front of the them with his hands in his pockets. "And Shinhye's boyfriend." She sat up instinctively almost letting go of Yonghwa's hand. He held on though and made sure it was in Daehyun's view. "Leeyoung told me you're Jung Yonghwa." 

"So what?" Yonghwa asked coldly at the mention of her. Shinhye shot him a glare for his rudeness but he ignored her keeping his gaze on Daehyun. "Class starts in about 15 minutes, you should go." 

Daehyun looked at Shinhye and noticed she was in between of wanting to say something but restrained herself from doing so. He decided to speak up, "we can walk together." 

"I don't know," Yonghwa spoke again. "We were thinking about ditching. It wouldn't be the first time right wifey?" 

You did not just ing call me that in front of Daehyun, she thought. Her eyes snapped back to Daehyun and his expression was a surprised one. 

Shinhye skipping school? What is this guy doing to her? The image of Shinhye sitting in the library alone as she enjoyed her manga books after a while of studying ran through Daehyun's mind. For a long time she had built this strong wall around her that led her on the path to success and soon to the college of her dreams. He secretly praised her knowing her efforts from middle school to now. But seeing someone like Yonghwa waltz into her life so suddenly and having much of an affect on her disappointed him. It just simply wasn't right in his eyes. And also...

Did he just call her wifey?

Shinhye laughed awkwardly, "he's such an idiot sometimes. Just because we're doing the marriage project together he keeps calling me that." 

"From project to reality after we grad babe," Yonghwa replied with such confidence. 

She gaped at him then forced another laugh before pulling him up from the bench. "We'll be going to class now," she waved to Daehyun but Yonghwa wouldn't budge. "Let's go you idiot," she muttered softly. 

"We'll see you another time Daehyun. My girl and I are going to ditch," he let go of her hand to wrap his arm around her shoulders. "We should get to know each other more. You know my girl but I don't know you because she never mentioned you." What is he doing? Shinhye watched him whilst biting her lower lip in nervousness.

"How about a better idea?" A girl's voice joined along. Leeyoung pushed up her sunglasses with her pointer finger to rest on the top of her head. "We'll all ditch and make this a double date."


A/N: First, thanks to everyone who subscribed and upvoted my story! Ya'll are bomb haha. I hope you guys liked the short update and I'm looking forward to go into Daehyun's character more. I hope to also add more drama in~

Have a great day guys ^^ Thanks again for reading!