Be That Guy

A New Love Can Heal An Old One [REVISING]

Yonghwa POV

"Go out with me tomorrow," I asked. 

Her smile surprisingly didn't drop. Good sign Yonghwa. Good sign. "You know what Yonghwa? You actually are funny sometimes," she laughed in my face. It's been about maybe... never that a girl laughed in my face. And she wasn't done. She was still laughing and wiping away joyous tears. I cleared my throat trying to end my embarrassment. When she noticed I wasn't laughing along she scoffed and shook her head a bit. 

"What, is that like a yes? No?" I asked. 

"Obviously a no," she answered. "You already know what I want and it's not a relationship." 

"With me. Not a relationship with me," I corrected. She nodded casually. I don't know why I feel like punching something, it's not like I can't get another girl in the next hour anyway. "But with Daehyun," I added. 

"You already helped me with that issue," she denied. I took note of her flinching at the sound of his name. 

"No no no that was barely part one. Now we're moving onto phase two," I argued. "In order to move on, you gotta find a new guy." 

Her eyebrows furrowed and she frowned. "I don't need to do that," she disagreed. "Plus we proved that focusing on my studies helps me forget about him." 

"Forget about who?" I asked. She stared at me confused from my question. 

"You know who," she replied.

"Voldemort?" I provoked. She huffed at my teasing. 

"Stop it," she ordered. 

"Say his name then," I suggested. "It's not a big deal right." 

"I don't want to say his name," she crossed her arms stubbornly. You're only proving me right with your attitude. 

"Are you afraid he'll appear if you say it three times? Daehyun Daehyun Daehyun," I continued. She told me to stop again but I wouldn't listen. "If you can't even say his name then you're not nearly over him. And that's why we're going on a date tomorrow." 

Her jaw dropped at my boldness. "You're pushing it Jung Yonghwa," she glared at me. Ew. Only my mom calls my full name like that.

"Let me rephrase it then. We're going on a practice date. No one gets this priviledge you know. So be grateful," I said. 

"You're insane," she whined. 

"I'm not leaving this driveway until you agree on me picking you up tomorrow at 10 a.m.," I threatened. 

"Wow. You're really something you little ," she snapped. 

"I'm your teacher in the art of dating too," I stated. "So 10 a.m. sharp." 

"Yes now leave," she shot. I didn't need to be told twice. I drove home with a smile plastered on my face but I felt incomplete. I got my date with, no, I got a pretend date with Shinhye by threatening her. I made her smile and then I took it away so easily. And the reason was because she definitely wasn't interested in ever being with me. I don't think I can win this one's heart this time. Even though I am, you know, me. 

But that's because she isn't just anyone. She deserves much more than someone like me. 

And I guess that's why I'll teach her the do's and don'ts on a date. When she's with that someone in the future. 

I'm imagining Shinhye smiling and holding hands with her future lover. And he's looking down into her beautiful brown eyes with so much adoration, there's no doubt he loves her to the ends of the world. I don't know why I picked Daehyun as her boyfriend in my imagination. Probably because she still supposedly loves him. He's the only person she looked at with such a genuine smile. 

That's not true. There's her best friend and her family.... and me. 

Daehyun shifted into an image of myself. Now I'm the one holding hands with Shinhye and she's laughing to a lame joke that I told her. And my eyes are sparkling looking at the girl I find incredibly strange yet beautiful. 

Then I wake up from my day dream. I parked in my driveway a bit dazed from my creation I watched in my head.

I chuckled at how ridiculous my imaginations always became. Ridiculous indeed.

I entered my house and found my mom watching another soap opera. She was like all those basic Asian mommas who fed on drama. My dad was still at work and didn't come home till I'd be asleep. My mom waited up for him although he told her not to. Relationship goals right there. 

"How was school?" She asked me as I took off my shoes. There were grains of sand in them so I walked to the terrace to clean them out.

"I skipped," I answered honestly. "There was an assembly scheduled for the whole day and I didn't want to sit through that."

My mom sighed but she understood. "Well at least it wasn't an actual class you skipped. I don't want you getting kicked out of more schools," she patted my cheek before sitting back down on the couch.  "What did you do then?" 

"I just hung out with a friend," I answered. My mom didn't like how I went out with different girls almost every two to three weeks. But she was very accepting and told herself that I'm probably looking for the one or I'm just experimenting. "We were at the beach." 

She clicked her tongue, "that explains why your back looks drenched. Go clean up and eat when your done." 

"Sure thing," I ducked my head to kiss her cheek swiftly before going to my room. She groaned when I blocked her view of the television. Was I the kid here? I don't know.

I sat beside her later on the couch eating my dinner. She explained to me what the storyline of her show was. And just like always it was too twisted or overdone. "Do you need me for anything tomorrow by the way?" I asked her.

"No, I'll just be continuing this." She pointed the remote to the television. "Why, do you have plans with your friend again?"

"Maybe," I replied lazily.

"Well try not to hurt this one please. Because the last time, she threw her shoe at your head," she reminded.

I chuckled, "she already hits me sometimes. And I won't hurt her, I have no intention of doing that." My mom sat more forward, actually turning the volume of her drama down, interested more in her son. "What? You're missing the best part, the girl just got her memory back." I pointed to the program.

"You have no intention of hurting this one? Did I hear that right? You usually don't care," she described me to be a cold hearted player. I'm not that cold hearted.

"Don't refer to her as 'this one' or 'that one' she's not anyone. She's just her. If that makes sense," I replied. She squished my face in her hands showing more excitement than when she watched her show.

"Unbelievable," she gasped. "I must meet this girl."

 Now I gotta imagine that. Park Shinhye meeting my mom. That would be... sort of awesome actually. "You'd be proud of me if I brought her home," I blurted. 

She squealed and attacked me with a hug. "When can I meet her? I need to ask how she bewitched my son!" 

"Uh we're not actually together mom," I admitted. I almost didn't want to because she was gushing over this so much but no. I'm not a liar. 

She slapped my arm, "well what the hell are you waiting for?!" 

"I'm helping her get a guy," I added fuel to the fire. 

She took one of the couch's pillows and hit my arm with it, "be that guy!"  


A/N: Sorry for the short update but I liked writing this! And it's new, this isn't in the original version. Comment away and I hope ya'll enjoyed it~