Stalkers Are Annoying

A New Love Can Heal An Old One [REVISING]

 

ShinHye looked over her old notes from history class as she cooled down in the air conditioned library. A table across from her sat Yonghwa. He watched her hiding his face with a book. Although he hid, he didn’t mind it if she were to notice his presence. He was used to girls getting flustered by him and having her give in would please him. Especially after their argument earlier that day.

There might be stuff he didn’t mention on the quiz…  Shinhye stood up to search for a WWII book. When she disappeared into an aisle, Yonghwa put the book down. He secretly followed  in the aisle next to hers. He peeked at her through openings between the books on the shelves. Shinhye managed to find two books with relevant information to the subject. Yonghwa followed her every step. She took out another book that he directly faced so he quickly moved away from the shelf. Shinhye noticed him through the other side. He casually whistled minding his own business. He acted as though he were in search of a book as well.

"SHHH!" The librarian shushed him.

"Sorry," he whispered. The librarian glared at him giving him a warning. Shinhye thought nothing of it and walked back to her table to gather her things. She checked out the books and left the library. Yonghwa continued to follow her and from her peripheral vision she could see him.

Quickly, she headed into the girls restroom. No way would he follow her in there. Yonghwa patiently waited outside sitting on the steps that were in front of the entrance.

"Whats wrong with that guy?" She washed her hands and checked her appearance in the mirror. As soon as she came back out, Yonghwa ran up the stairs. She walked around the corner heading in the direction of the school’s gates. He watched her back disappear around that corner from the second floor. He didn’t want to lose her so he hurried down the steps to turn the same corner. When he made it there, he almost bumped into her. She stood there waiting for him with her hands on her hips. "Why are you following me?"

"Who said I was following you?" He defended with a cocky attitude. She rolled her eyes as she walked past him. "I wouldn't be following you anyway! I was looking for a hot girl! None around here so far," he walked along side of her.

"Did I ask you? Now while I’m asking nicely, leave me alone. I need to study," she increased her speed.

"Where are you headed?" He asked.

"The library," she answered.

"But you were just there! Seriously you’re obsessed with studying," he stated.

"So you were following me. I’m pretty sure I have the right to report you for stalking,” she threatened. “Especially since your main motive in this school is to ‘hit it and quit it’ with every girl here.”

"Hey now I don’t actually take it that far,” he said.

She didn’t believe a word he said and continued on her way back to the library. Yonghwa thought he did enough following for today and headed home himself. He saw Shinhye as a new challenge and so he began to brainstorm on how to win her heart.

-------------------------------

Next School Day

ShinHye was the first seated in her class, half an hour earlier actually. The bell rang and everyone was seated on time. "Alright class I'd like to announce that..." her teacher created suspense.

"Don't tell us we have a pop quiz!" One student shouted.

"Shut up or you’ll jinx us!” Another responded to that student. “Besides we’re not prepared!”

"Not true! Shinhye’s always prepared!"

Students began a ruckus even though their teacher didn't finish.

"Let me finish!" The teacher blew up. Slowly their conversations subsided. "What I was going to say before I was interrupted,” he glared at the student who started it. “Was that we have a new student in our class!"

"Well where is he?" One student asks. The teacher wondered the same thing. He was sure the student’s first day of class session was scheduled today. His thoughts were put away when a young male walked through the door with a bored expression on his face.

"Oh there you are," the teacher welcomed him to the front of the classroom. Shinhye kept her eyes glued to her books. She could care less about a new student. "Everyone this is Jung Yonghwa, he will be joining us. Please give him a warm welcome." ShinHye's head shot up.

Everyone greeted a few hellos except for her. Most girls already started fawning over him. Yonghwa definitely noticed, smiled in their direction and started to plan his relationship list. Of course they’re all after his first mission: Park Shinhye.

"Yonghwa you can take a seat here at the front," the teacher gestured to the empty desk. It was right next to the drooling girls he winked at a few seconds ago. Normally he’d be completely fine with this until he locked eyes with Shinhye. She looked irritated. He smirked then walked right up to her desk. Although she felt nervous by his boldness, she kept on a stoic expression. Yonghwa looked at the guy sitting next to her and stared him down.

He pointed to the empty seat he was offered and demanded, “that’s your new seat.” He stepped closer, “and this is now mine.”

The student felt incredibly intimidated so he listened. Besides, the front seat was beside a bunch of chicks. He attempted to flirt with Shinhye in the beginning of the year but made no progress, maybe this new arrangement is what he needed to get a girl.

"But Yonghwa your assigned seat is here," the teacher nervously said.

"No I want to sit here," he kicked his feet up on the desk. A habit his classmates knew of back in his old private school. The teacher and the class were stunned by his behavior, except for Shinhye. In the end, he got his way. Shinhye on the other hand ignored his presence throughout the class.

"There’s five minutes left of class. I can’t let you guys leave early so just wait for the bell to ring," the teacher sat behind his desk. Wanting to be known as the cool teacher, he imitated the way Yonghwa sat at his desk. Shinhye read one of the books she borrowed from the library ignoring the loud conversations of her classmates. She didn’t even notice when Yonghwa took his chair to sit at the opposite side of her desk. He watched her study diligently.

"Class is done, there was no quiz today. So you can stop studying," he told her.

"That doesn't mean there isn’t one next class." She argued with her eyes glued to the book.

"Seriously? You're going to study for a quiz that doesn't even exist? Crazy," he insulted. She closed her book and packed it in her bag. The bell rang the second she got up to leave. She heard footsteps right behind hers. When she stopped walking, so did the echoing footsteps. She continued to walk only to hear them continue after her. She looked down seeing a person’s shadow behind her. She turned around irritated.

"Stop following me!" She ordered glaring at Yonghwa.

He scoffed, "I'm not following you, I just happen to be walking in the same direction." He walked passed her. She rolled her eyes at his excuses. He walked slower hoping she'll pass him so he could follow again. However when he turned around, she vanished. Shinhye took a different exit towards a public library in the district. She avoided the school’s library knowing he’d look for her there.

A/N: I just want to mention that stalking someone is not right and you should never do it. Life is not a fanfic and just because Yonghwa stalked Shinhye in a rather lighthearted way, it doesn't justify it as okay. Stalking in general is creepy and I hope none of you ever fall victim to it. If you do, call for help. DON'T expect to fall in love with your stalker. That is all~