Arouse

MAYday!

arouse
verb
excite (someone) ually.

{A dance lesson gets heated.} | 1278w

A/N: fyi / in case you haven't noticed, i havent gotten comfortable writing intimate (/–\); sorry if you were expecting something different

/1 2 3 4s the out of here (to Dimelo Ya by Gisselle)

 


 

Clapping to get everyone's attention, Taemin turned his back to the wall-length mirror and addressed the group of 30 or so people who were chatting happily throughout the studio. “Welcome everyone! It's 7 on the dot, so please partner up so we can get started.”

 

He gave a little nod to Jonghyun who was at the back of the room, ready to hit play and get the class moving.

 

“Gwiboon had an appointment she needed to keep, so she asked me to take over for today. I didn't have time to plan anything, so we'll only be practicing what we've learned this past week, okay?”

 

He received a collective 'okay' in response just as the newest student rushed into the room, smoothing his short wavy brown hair and dropping his bag onto the wooden floor by everyone else's stuff. He looked around, no doubt trying to find the instructor.

 

Taemin hurried along the edge of the dance floor to greet him. “Hello Minho.”

 

“Hi Taemin, where's Gwiboon?” he asked, still scanning the studio.

 

“If you'd been on time, you'd know.” He snickered, taking his hand, much to Minho's surprise. “I'll be your teacher today. I hope you don't mind.”

 

“Oh.”

 

He turned to give a thumbs up to Jonghyun and he started the music. A blare of trumpets sounded through the room, quickly joined by tambora, the guiro, and other instruments that completed the merengue number.

 

“¡A bailar!” Taemin yelled over the music, laughing to himself for stealing Gwiboon's line. The class cheered in response and they got to work, putting the lessons to use and showing off what they'd mastered with their partners.

 

Taemin led Minho to a spot at the back of the room where Jonghyun was seated and acting as the DJ for the day.

 

“You won't miss Gwiboon too much, will you?” he asked teasingly while pulling his reddish-brown hair into a ponytail. His white tank top rose from the action, revealing his lower abdomen.

 

He shrugged, leaning back onto his chair. “I'll be fine.” He watched the awkward 22 year-old who was sneaking glances at the sliver of exposed skin. “Worry about yourself,” he said with a slight curl of the lip.

 

 

 

“You remember the first lesson?” Taemin asked over the music, standing about two feet from Minho.

 

“Yeah, I think so.” Minho hesitated as he raised his arms into position. “How are we–”

 

“Pretend I'm Gwiboon. I know the steps. Be the lead like you've been learning, and I'll follow.”

 

“But I don't know how to lead very well,” he replied with a worried look on his face.

 

“Relax, I'll help.” He smiled encouragingly and extended his own arms, taking on the female role effortlessly.

 

“Okay.” Minho took Taemin's right hand, remembering to keep his left arm in the shape of an 'L'.

 

“Right,” the younger said, “now put your hand here..” He helped Minho place his right hand just below his shoulder blade, then held on to Minho's shoulder, resting his arm on the more toned one. He stepped closer, leaving a small space between them. “Now we start.”

 

“My left.”

 

“Right.”

 

“My right?”

 

“No, your left, you were correct.”

 

The two cracked up as they began to dance, struggling a bit to keep up with the quick tempo.

 

“One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four,” Taemin chanted, staring at the elder. His features were hardened by what Taemin could only interpret as excessive concentration. “Loosen up a little.”

 

“That's kinda hard..” he replied honestly, his head down, eyes glued to their feet as they moved side to side.

 

“Hmm, that's a no. Your eyes should be on your partner. Eye-to-eye contact is an important–” He stopped abruptly, deciding to leave out the bit Gwiboon always added with emphasis: part in sensuality.

 

His precaution was useless when Minho completed the sentence, reciting exactly what he hadn't.

 

“You really are learning, huh?”

 

Minho chuckled before apologizing, tilting his head up to look at the younger's rosy face. “I–I just don't want to step on you.”

 

Taemin laughed. “You won't, trust me. We're moving left and right, not back to front. Not yet anyway.”

 

He wasn't totally convinced that he wouldn't accidentally step on his instructor – having already done so with Gwiboon (earning a thorough scolding) – but he did trust him. “Alright.”

 

“You see that couple by the doorway?” Taemin motioned towards them with his chin.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“See how their hips are moving?”

 

“Yeah...”

 

“Do that. With every step, when you bend your knee, they dip naturally. Just emphasize it a little more. Listen to the music and let it take over.”

 

“I'll try.”

 

“Here,” Taemin started, taking Minho's left hand and placing it on his own waist. “Feel how I'm relaxed, just moving with the rhythm of the song. Do the same.” He returned their hands to their initial position.

 

Minho looked down between them again, checking if he was doing it right, but not missing the beads of sweat that were forming on Taemin's chest. He peered lower still and saw how his narrow hips swayed loosely yet controlled from side to side. He looked across the room and found his backside in the mirror. Minho stared at Taemin's and wondered if he was only moving it so alluringly because he was playing Gwiboon's part. His eyes traveled up and down his figure, getting lost in the motion of his slender body.

 

“That's it,” Taemin murmured, noting that Minho grew more comfortable as the song progressed. He even felt the elder apply some pressure under his shoulder blade and led him across the dance floor. “Yes, nice.”

 

A crooked smile formed on Minho's face.

 

“Almost perfect,” Taemin commented softly, “look at me.”

 

Minho did. He met the other's almond shaped eyes which were intense and unrelenting. It made his heart throb furiously in his chest and he was suddenly aware of how stuffy the room had become. He only felt hotter under Taemin's fiery gaze and he almost looked away, but he wanted to please him.

 

Taemin bit his plump bottom lip and grinned wickedly. “Good.”

 

Minho's breath hitched when he a surge of heat assaulted him. All at once, Taemin was too much. His husky voice while giving him one-word praises – sometimes just hums, his perfect figure moving in such an effortlessly seductive manner, his eyes.. he swore they were what people called “bedroom eyes.”

 

“Can I try something?” Taemin asked.

 

The other nodded instantly, willing do let him do whatever at this point.

 

Taemin stepped closer, keeping the beat, and moved one leg between Minho's. Likewise, one of Minho's legs was between Taemin's. Minho swallowed, fearful of getting hard from the proximity.

 

“Keep swaying,” Taemin breathed, “go low slowly.” With their bodies pressed against each other, they moved down, their hips in perfect unison and thighs barely rubbing as the song came to it's . Their hearts were erratic as they took shuddering breaths in their effort to come back up at the same pace.

 

The two heard Jonghyun crowing from his seat. “Damn! Look at these two!” Other dancers shifted on the dance floor, hollering when they saw the young instructor and his student looking so passionate.

 

Both were a blushing mess, smiling and shaking their heads, as they separated to finish the song in the basic form.

 

Jonghyun cackled at the sight. He was going to make sure to tell Gwiboon to let those two partner up from now on.