Responsible

MAYday!

responsible
adjective
having an obligation to do something, or having control over or care for someone, as part of one's job or role.

{Minho keeps his promise.} | 635w

 


 

“Pull over here,” Taemin instructed, pointing to a clear stretch of sidewalk about three blocks from his house.

 

Minho didn’t ask for an explanation.

 

Neither of them spoke while Minho parked the car and removed the key from the ignition. The two continued their silence, hearing nothing but each other’s steady breathing and maybe a cricket or two from the yards across the street. The streetlights along the road gave them enough light to see each other’s silhouettes against the windows, and eventually – when their eyes adjusted – their features.

 

Minho jingled the keys against his lap and bit the inside of his cheek. His eyes were fixed on the steering wheel, but he couldn’t help but turn his head when he heard Taemin unbuckle his seatbelt.

 

The next thing he knew, Taemin’s warm hands were around his neck, pulling him forward, and his full lips were pressed against his own. He’d been caught off guard, but quickly fell into step, closing his eyes as he took Taemin’s face in his hands and deepened the kiss.

 

The younger hummed as he moved one of his hands down, trailing his fingers along Minho’s collarbone, then sliding his palm across his chest, feeling a quickening heartbeat …and the belt. How annoying, he thought. He pulled away for a second to unbuckle Minho and was thankful that he practically sprang up to lock lips once again. Taemin chuckled into Minho’s mouth, pleased to see him so eager.

 

“What,” Minho breathed.

 

“Nothing, shush.” He gave Minho one more peck on the lips before noisily planting one on the corner of his mouth, then his chin, along his jaw, and down his double adam’s apple.

 

He had to suppress a laugh when he felt the other’s hand on his waist, fingertips sliding beneath his shirt and meeting bare skin.

 

“Hey,” Minho started, staring at the ceiling, “it’s late.”

 

Taemin groaned. “Please don’t,” he whispered against the elder, still leaving kisses wherever he could.

 

Minho leaned into them and moved his hand further up Taemin’s side, feeling the slight indentations between his ribs. “Sorry, but I- ah!”

 

Minho filled the car with a sigh that was sweet music to Taemin’s ears. He the raspberry-colored blemish on the base of his neck, grinning when Minho shuddered under his tongue.

 

“Tae..”

 

“Yeah?” He continued to along the elder’s clavicle, not forcefully enough to leave a string of love bites, but almost good enough to make Minho forget what he’d been meaning to say.

 

He hesitated a bit before reluctantly telling him to stop. This wasn’t to say Minho didn’t absolutely love it when Taemin gave in to his selfish desires. He’d be more than willing to let the younger have his way, but right then was not a good time.

 

Taemin pulled away slowly, head tilted to the side and a frown on his face. “Babe..” he whined.

 

Minho chuckled, taking his boyfriend’s chin between his thumb and index finger. “Believe me, I’m sorry.” He looked into his big dark eyes and pulled his face close before gently pressing his lips to Taemin’s, brushing noses in the process. “But I promised.”

 

Taemin huffed, his bottom lip sticking out, as he slid back into the seat. “I know,” he muttered. “It’s times like these I wish you weren’t such a freakin’ gentleman.”

 

Minho laughed while he retrieved the keys from the floor and started the car. “Right, and then we’d have to sneak out every time we wanted to go somewhere.”

 

A sour look flashed across Taemin’s face. As much as he wanted to argue, he knew they were better off following their parent’s rules. “Fine. Take me home.”

 

Minho glanced at the fluorescent numbers on the stereo. “Two minutes. We’ll be right on time.”

 


 

A/N: good lord, this was hard to write. I need experience in the field asap.

Also, please forgive my awful timing. My sister and I are both working on projects at the moment and we need to share a laptop, which is less than ideal as you can imagine, and I’ve had to do what they call “prioritize”.