Suave

MAYday!

suave
adjective
charming, confident, and elegant.

{Patience is a virtue.} | 897w

A/N: I was out all day yesterday and I'm gonna be out of town today and maybe tomorrow, so finishing on time doesn't seem possible :c

 


 

“So are you living here now?” Kibum asked while scribbling the familiar name on a cup with a black marker.

 

“Doesn't every student?” Minho replied nonchalantly, patting the messenger bag that hung from his shoulder.

 

“Ha. Not on Fridays.” He handed the cup to a girl beside him and gave Minho his receipt.

 

“Yeah, well I thought I could squeeze in some studying while I wait for someone.”

 

No one was in line behind him, so Kibum decided he could pry on this usual a bit. “You're meeting someone today?”

 

With a slight curl of his lip, Minho picked up one of the promotional cards from the neat stack on the counter and flipped it over in his fingers. “Yes.” He looked up at Kibum, furrowing his eyebrows. “I hope so, at least.” He dropped the card back in its place, just as he did with his gaze.

 

“Oh. Well why wouldn't you?”

 

Minho sighed and leaned against the counter. “The truth is, I've been expecting this person for a while.”

 

Kibum's mouth formed an 'o' at the unexpected confession. He'd seen this guy come into the shop every day for the past two weeks and spend the evenings in the same corner table, studying as if it were finals week, but constantly looking out the window.

 

“I don't know if you've seen him, the person I'm talking about.”

 

The blond behind the counter crossed his arms and stepped closer. “Maybe if you tell me what he looks like...?”

 

“So he's a guy,” he repeated. “Average height, kinda thin, and on the pretty side for sure.” He gave a light chuckle, hoping the description would be specific enough. “He also has long reddish-brown hair.”

 

Kibum hummed as he racked his brain for any memories of a person who had those qualities. It pained him to shake his head. “Sorry. I see a lot of people, you know?”

 

“Ah, don't worry about it,” Minho said with a wave of his hand.

 

The barista called his name and he went to pick up his order, leaving Kibum to attend to the group of students that came through the door.

 

 

 

 

After about an hour, Minho's eyes landed on a russet-haired boy who was walking towards the shop with two friends. Despite his efforts, he couldn't stop a grin from stretching across his face, so he lowered his head and focused on the papers in front of him.

 

The door opened and he heard the loud trio make their way to the counter. As tempted as he was, Minho didn't look up and he didn't eavesdrop.

 

It wasn't long before he heard light footsteps, then a timid voice. “Excuse me...”

 

Minho looked up from his work and found who he wanted to see standing just a few steps from his table.

 

“Um. Hi. Sorry,” the boy began, “I knew the cashier was mistaken, but I just came over because he insisted on it.”

 

Minho peered around him and met Kibum's eyes. He sent a quick wink and Minho made a mental note to tip him nicely later.

 

“I don't know why... he must've confused one of us or something.” He laughed nervously because he didn't have a better explanation.

 

“Oh,” Minho finally said. “I'm sure he meant well.”

 

The boy fiddled with his fingers and glanced back at his curious friends before replying. “I guess. I'm sorry for bothering you. It looks like you're busy.”

 

“Not at all, I'm actually finished.” He chuckled to himself while gathering the papers. “I would say that even if I wasn't.”

 

The boy fell silent as he tried to figure out if he'd heard something there. He wasn't entirely sure. “Um. What?”

 

Minho laughed and pushed his things aside. “I'd be crazy not to drop what I was doing just to talk to you.”

 

The boy laughed too, mostly because he didn't know what else to do and not because he thought something was funny. Though having someone showing this much interest in him was funny to some degree. “You're kidding.”

 

“Definitely not,” he assured him with a charming smile.

 

“Taemin!”

 

The boy snapped his head back to the cheerful girl holding his iced coffee and then turned back to him.

 

“Taemin. Is that your name?” Minho asked.


“Yeah.” He looked at the girl and his friends again, wanting to go to them, but feeling like his feet were bolted to the floor.

 

“It's a nice name,” he commented. “It suits you.”

 

“Thanks.” Taemin took a step backwards, but hesitated again. “I–”

 

“You should go get that. You can come back if you want. I'm sure your friends will understand.” He flashed a smile at the two gawking guys before looking up at Taemin. “And I'll understand if you don't.”

 

“Right.” Taemin spun on his heel and walked away with quick strides.

 

Minho watched him pick up his drink and then join his friends, sitting when one of them pulled a chair out for him. Minutes passed, and he was ready to declare his plan a failure when he saw Taemin rise and meet his gaze. Minho's heart practically exploded when Taemin made his way toward him, keeping his head lowered in an attempt to hide the tinge of red that was spreading across his face.