Satisfaction

MAYday!

satisfaction
noun
fulfillment of one's wishes, expectations, or needs, or the pleasure derived from this.

{Better than the typical ice cream date.} | 657w

A/N: I applied the word kinda implicitly.. I hope it shines through ¬  ¬;

 


 

“Pass me the the green one,” Taemin said, stretching his hand over the numerous cups on the floor filled with colorful scoops of ice cream.

 

“Which green one?” Minho asked with his mouth full of the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

 

“Both,” he decided. “Oh, that one too.” He’d almost missed the Mint Chocolate Chip behind the mounds of Strawberry Cheesecake.

 

“Here.” Minho handed him the three half-eaten servings. “The Pistachio is better than the Daiquiri… and mint just doesn’t belong in ice cream.”

 

Taemin scoffed when he saw how much was left in the cups. “I wouldn’t have known you preferred one over the others.”

 

“I had to be sure,” he said cheekily. his pink plastic spoon clean, he moved on to a tricolored scoop next to the Chocolate.

 

“Fatty,” he teased. Taemin had some of each and found he agreed with Minho, though the mint wasn’t too bad. He set them down and peered at the one in the other’s hands. “What’s that one?”

 

With a turn of his wrist, he found the name scribbled on the polka-dotted label. They’d been lucky to get the amused server behind the counter to do them the favor for all 31. “Rainbow Sherbet. It’s kinda.. I don’t know.” He dug the spoon across the white, orange, and pink stripes to give to Taemin.

 

Keeping his legs crossed, the younger pushed about a dozen cups aside and scooted forward to receive the spoonful. His eyes wandered the wall behind Minho as he let the predominantly citrusy treat melt on his tongue before swallowing it. “Hmmm.. I need more.” He grinned playfully and opened his mouth for another try.

 

“Just say you like it already.” Minho chuckled and got another spoonful ready. When Taemin eagerly closed his mouth around the spoon, an idea occurred to Minho. “Hey, close your eyes and try to guess the flavor!”

 

Taemin was on board, and it quickly turned into a game in which they took turns shoveling bigger and bigger helpings of ice cream into each other's mouths, laughing when it wasn’t their turn and whining with their eyes shut tightly when they felt they were at risk for a brain freeze. They’d hardly been able to name any of the flavors correctly, but that didn’t stop them from playing until they’d gone through most of them.

 

“Okay, okay,” Minho managed through a fit of giggles. “There’re four left. Close your eyes.”

 

“You better not give me Bubble Gum,” he warned, making a face at the melting pink scoops.

 

“You don’t like it?” Minho asked, putting the rejected flavor in the group of “used” ones.

 

“No, it’s weird. Like eating toothpaste.”

 

The elder burst out laughing at the unexpected comparison. “How?”

 

“You can have it in your mouth, like the taste, but you shouldn’t eat it.”

 

The explanation amused Minho even further. He really loved the way Taemin’s mind worked.

 

“Okay, get ready.”

 

Taemin closed his eyes and let his jaw hang.

 

“Don't need to open so wide,” Minho assured him.

 

He closed his mouth a bit.

 

“Ready?” He asked, shuffling forward.

 

“Uh huh.”

 

Minho took a second to stare at his boyfriend. His purple hair fell at the side of his face, just brushing the tops of his cheeks, smooth eyelids led to pretty dark lashes and between them, the cute curve of his nose. And just below that, the unusual outline of his plump lips, which were parted, waiting.

 

He smiled crookedly before closing the gap between them, surprising Taemin by tasting him instead.

 

The younger let out a giddy squeak, and his cheeks flushed when he felt Minho’s tongue slip into his mouth. Surprised as he was, he didn’t dare pull away, or Minho would see just how red he was. He decided to melt into the kiss, enjoying the lingering tang of raspberry already.