Intrude

MAYday!

intrude
verb
put oneself deliberately into a place or situation where one is unwelcome or uninvited.

{Taemin and Minjung believe a meddlesome friend.} | 1588w

A/N: I've wanted to write this story for so long (details after) And I promised myself I’d write Minjung at least once and here it is! jongkey bonus uwu
(And yeah, I am alive. My weekend was so fun, but so exhausting. I'm still sore everywhere, if that tells you anything LOL)

 


 

Minjung hadn’t been expecting company, so when the guys showed up at their front step carrying groceries, she shot a pointed look at a smirking Gwiboon and hurried to her room.

 

“You came!” Gwiboon squealed when she opened the door.

 

“Of course, babe,” Jonghyun laughed, dropping the bags he was holding without a second thought. He picked her up and then took her over to the couch where he plopped down, sinking them both into marshmallow-like cushions.

 

Taemin his teeth at the elder. “Dude, what the hell.” He bent over to pick up the food and took it to the kitchen. “Hi Gwiboon,” he called over his shoulder.

 

She smiled playfully at him from Jonghyun’s arms. “Hi Taemin. Sorry about that.”

 

“Come on, leave that there. Sit down,” Jonghyun said, smacking the striped throw pillows beside him and tickling Gwiboon at the same time.

 

Taemin did, but not without feeling awkward next to the giggling couple. It wasn’t unusual for them to drift off into their own little world regardless of who was around, he just wished Jonghyun hadn’t let Jinki ditch them. With him around, he didn’t feel like the third wheel.

 

“Where’s Jinki?” Gwiboon asked, pulling Taemin from his thoughts.

 

“He said he’d be here in a bit,” Taemin answered.

 

“Yeah. Said he forgot something.” He added with a scoff. “Forgot something my .”

 

“What do you mean?” she laughed. Taemin wondered the same.

 

“I caught him checking out this girl at the store. He didn’t say it, but I’m sure he stayed to chat her up. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t show.” He raised his eyebrows suggestively as he delivered the last bit.

 

Gwiboon gasped and then let out another burst of laughter. “Well damn, it’s about time he went after some.”

 

Jonghyun nodded and Taemin couldn’t help but grin at the thought of Jinki choosing to try his luck than to spend another day with them. He really couldn’t blame him.

 

“Hey, where’s Minjung? She’s not out is she?” Jonghyun wondered out loud.

 

“Oh, no,” Gwiboon rolled her eyes and waved her hand in the direction of the hallway. “She’s in there getting pretty or something. Kinda forgot to tell her you were coming.”

 

Taemin had almost forgotten about her. She was usually so quiet, he thought he’d miss her even if she were in the room. Of course, he couldn’t because she was so gracefully tall, standing out regardless.

 

“Kinda forgot?” Jonghyun asked. “You’re messed up, you know that?”

 

“Shut up,” Gwiboon groaned, getting up and tucking her short black hair behind her ear as she skipped into the kitchen. “She wouldn’t have let me invite you otherwise. Now come help me prepare the meat.”

 

Jonghyun didn’t argue and Taemin was more than eager to help, but Gwiboon insisted he stay put. She wanted to treat at least one person as a guest.

 

“The remote is right there,” she said pointing at the low table beneath the television. “There’s beer in the fridge and chips in here,” she added tapping a cabinet with the blunt end of a knife she was holding. “Want any?”

 

“I’m good,” Taemin replied as he fetched the remote. He snickered under his breath when Jonghyun asked why she was never so kind to him and then was sprayed with the short hose attached to the sink.

 

Soon, the couple was finished preparing side dishes and they moved outside to where they fired up the grill. They had Jonghyun’s phone playing music and Taemin heard them fooling around some more.

 

He wanted to join them, but he decided to leave them be. Taemin was flipping through channels, finding nothing particularly interesting to watch, when Gwiboon danced inside.

 

“Hey, how’re you doing?”

 

“Just fine,” he said, watching her grab two beers from the fridge. “You need anything? I really don’t mind helping.”

 

“Thanks sweetie, but we’ve got everything covered.” She offered him a drink, but he refused again. “Suit yourself.”

 

Gwiboon took the drinks outside and then hurried back in, flashing him a smile as she passed by.

 

 

 


“Minjung?” Gwiboon poked her head into the room and her lips curled upward when she found she was still upset.

 

“What do you want, Gwiboon?” she asked flatly, fanning her hands to dry the newly applied mint-colored nail polish.

 

“Geez, I told the boys you were getting pretty, but doing your nails?” she laughed, “I didn’t think you’d put this much effort into impressing Taemin.”

 

“What?!” Minjung shrieked, kicking a bunch of cotton balls from the bed as she threw her legs over the edge. “What are you talking about?!”

 

“What?” Gwiboon asked in a sing-song voice, feigning innocence. “Aren’t you into him?”

 

“What makes you think that?!” she asked, cheeks reddening from the sudden accusation.

 

“You’re blushing, for one. And two… I don’t know, but I bet there’s a two. Maybe a three and four?”

 

Minjung bent over to carefully grab a handful of cotton balls and flung them at Gwiboon. "Are you crazy?! I’m just keeping busy! I wasn’t even planning on joining you. You know I feel weird because I barely talk to any of them!”

 

“Oh gosh,” Gwiboon sighed. “What a shame. Jinki’s not here, by the way, so it’s just him and Jjong.” She crossed her arms and leaned against the light switch, leaving them in the dimness of the afternoon. “Whoops…”

 

Minjung shot her an unamused look and the lamp on her nightstand.

 

“Well anyway,” Gwiboon continued, “Taemin is so bored. He was disappointed to see you weren’t around, you know.”

 

“He was?” she asked more calmly and slid forward so her bare feet touched the floor.

 

“Mhmm. He actually didn’t say so,” she admitted. “But he definitely wants to see you.”

 

Minjung dropped her gaze and bit her lip. It was true, she wasn’t close with Gwiboon’s friends, but she certainly wanted to be. And if the cutest of the bunch wanted to see her, who was she to refuse? She didn’t want to be rude either.

 

“Where is he?”

 

“He’s just watching TV. We’re outside, so he’s all by himself.”

 

Minjung sighed. “Fine. I’ll talk to him.” She got up to stand in front of her full-length floor mirror and adjusted her grey sweater. “Should I change?” she asked, pulling at her black yoga pants.

 

“No,” Gwiboon answered almost too quickly. “You look fine.”

 

“Okay.” Minjung nodded at her reflection. “But get my hair out of this bun, it’s a mess.”

 

 

 

 

Gwiboon left the room after she’d combed Minjung’s long dark hair, and then went into the kitchen to grab plates to set the table.

 

“Taemin,” she started, getting the younger’s attention, “what do you think about Minjung?”

 

He jerked his head back and blinked in surprise. “Huh?” He hadn’t spoken with her enough to have a good opinion of her, but he had seen her plenty of times. She was timid, silly when Gwiboon loosened her up, and quite gorgeous, though he wasn’t sure he should admit that. She was already reserved around them and he didn’t want to give her another reason to feel uncomfortable.

 

Gwiboon giggled, noticing the pink tips of his ears as she placed the fourth plate on the table. “Never mind.”

 

“Why?” Taemin prompted.

 

“Nothing. It’s just that she called me to her room and told me she wants to see you. She was all shy about it too.”

 

“She does?” He furrowed his eyebrows and pursed his lips. He found it odd that after keeping her distance, she’d want to see him. Him of all people, the one she hardly took a glance at.

 

“Yeah… I probably wasn’t supposed to tell you that,” she frowned, biting her lip. “Well.”

 

She turned away without saying more and loudly announced her return to Jonghyun once she got outside.

 

Taemin didn’t know what to make of what Gwiboon told him. He was confused, but he couldn’t deny the fluttering in his chest.

 

He wondered if Minjung was going to come out of her room, but Gwiboon didn’t make it clear if she would.

 

Taemin waited, forgetting that the television was even on, and after several minutes, he decided to go knock on her door.

 

 

 


“Where’s Taemin?” Jonghyun asked, stepping outside with a roll of aluminum foil. “He wasn’t in the living room and I just used the bathroom.”

 

Gwiboon hadn’t mentioned what her short trip inside had consisted of, so she did her best to hide her confusion and stiffly said: “Be right back.”

 

 

 


“Hey g–” Gwiboon began, but couldn’t say more after she swung the door open. Her jaw dropped and her eyes nearly sprang out of their sockets.

 

The last thing she expected to see was Taemin vehemently kissing Minjung against the headboard, his hands on her upper thigh and the back of her slender neck, and her fingers running through and grasping his untidy blond hair.

 

The two separated immediately. Taemin jolted to the opposite end of the bed and Minjung brought her legs up to her chest. Both looked just as shocked as Gwiboon, only they were flushed and completely breathless.

 

Gwiboon couldn’t find her voice. She simply turned around and left.

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun was waiting for her outside, perplexed as ever when he saw her expression.

 

“You are not gonna believe this,” she managed.

 


 

A/N: Based on a true story. Mhmm, hella real. The unexpected guests, dinner prep, the set-up, the manicure, the kiss (though lord knows how that actually went or came about) ...so I did fill in a lot simply bc my mom's account was very short/not very detailed, and to better suit the characters ofc. Basically, I made my mom Gwiboon lmao and if you must know, according to this story, Minjung & Taemin end up happily married and proud parents of two beautiful daughters ; w; ♡