Dishevel

MAYday!

dishevel
verb

(of a person's hair, clothes, or appearance) to make untidy; disordered

{Taemin helps a friend in an unconventional manner.} | 687w

A/N: this one's a bit different..? I hope you don't mind the minor jongkey either~~

 


 

“Have you seen the new guy?” Kibum asked, slamming a stack of documents on his desk trying to line them up. “I can't believe Jinki hired him. The girls around here don't need a reason to slack on their work.”

 

Taemin peered up from his computer and quirked an eyebrow. “That good-looking?”

 

He was almost sure his friend wasn't concerned with productivity but with someone attractive coming in, maybe threatening his chances with their boss' secretary, Junghee. Kibum had been into that woman since day one, and it was unlike him to shy away from making a move, but it was amusing to watch.

 

I'm saying so. You have to believe it. This floor's going to be chaos.” He finished beating the desk with the papers and stuck them into a folder before going over to a file cabinet along the wall to store it.

 

“Okay.” Taemin spun in his rolling chair to face Kibum.

 

“'Okay' what?”

 

Taemin sighed placing a hand over his heart. “I'm hurt. Why don't you just tell me you're already jealous? You can tell me things, you know.”

 

He scoffed. “I'm not.” Kibum walked away to organize more things before the workday began, mumbling about how unfair life was or something like it.

 

The younger man laughed, swiveling back into place in his cubicle. “Tell you what,” he began, puckering his lips as he thought of which words to say next. “I'll make sure Junghee won't be interested in this new guy.”

 

Kibum's head poked out from one of the office doorways. “What?”

 

“Come on, Key.” Taemin grinned, a playful glint in his eye. “Ask me how already.”

 

Kibum squinted his eyes at the younger, wanting to tell him to shut up, but he couldn't. If he had a way to keep Junghee from crushing on the new guy, he wanted to know. “How?” he asked through gritted teeth.

 

“Glad you asked! But I'll let you find that out.” He hopped up from his chair just as the elevator sounded and several employees walked into the lobby, all visible through the glass partition. He took a look at the clock as he made his way out. “Fifteen till 9. I'll be right back.”

 

“What? No, where are you going?!” Kibum panicked at the thought of Taemin talking to Junghee on his behalf, knowing very well what a devious person he was.

 

His nerves were put to ease when the elevator doors opened again. Junghee stepped out, looking immaculately put together as always, and Taemin did nothing more than greet her with “good morning.”

 

 

 

 

Kibum sat in his office chair starting to work on files he'd been assigned for the day, snapping his head to the side every time he heard the 'ding' of the elevator. About half of the people who worked there had arrived and Taemin still hadn't shown up.

 

“What the hell is he up to,” he mumbled under his breath.

 

'Ding!'

 

Kibum turned and saw the silver sliding doors part. Taemin strode out, smirking as he made his way back to his cubicle, not the least bit concerned about the looks he was receiving from fellow workers. He sat down and nonchalantly said, “Minho shouldn't be an issue.”

 

“Minho?”

 

Taemin pointed over his shoulder.

 

He watched a second person come out of the elevator: the new guy. He was holding a white cardboard box full of office supplies, seeming dazed – more than was normal for newcomers anyway. A rosy tinge colored his cheeks and his eyes were darting from new face to new face; he shrunk under every look.

 

Kibum was about to shake his head at the things that he noticed were unacceptable about his appearance. It was a professional environment after all...

 

He then realized what Taemin was so smug about. He let his mouth hang open when he realized the new guy wasn't just unprepared, he was afraid that people knew what had happened in the elevator. Sadly for him, it wasn't all that hard to tell by the looks of his disheveled hair and attire.

 


 

A/N: let the gossip spread. [insert fire lord elmo gif]