Butterscotch

MAYday!

butterscotch
noun
a flavor created originally by combining melted butter with brown sugar.

{Minho guesses correctly.} | 508w

 


 

“Finished?” Minho asked as he approached the quaint exterior of the candy shop, holding numerous shopping bags from the stores they'd visited earlier.

 

Taemin couldn't exactly answer, so he nodded happily, a taut smile on his face and a bulging cheek because of the lollipop he'd tucked in it.

 

“Did you buy out the whole store?” the elder asked, eyeing the two rather large white paper bags. “I thought you only needed chocolate.”

 

A chuckle escaped the younger's mouth as he raised his shoulders and held out the bags for Minho to take.

 

“Uh uh.” Minho laughed and raised the ones he already carried in his gloved hands. “This is my limit.”

 

Without a moment's hesitation, he swiftly moved to a spot on a bench that became available in the crowded outdoor mall, beating another couple to it. Despite it being about 50ºF, hundreds of people were hard at work wrapping up their holiday shopping. He motioned Taemin over and set the bags he'd been carrying on the new cobblestones as he sat down, relieving his tired feet if only for a few minutes.

 

Taemin shuffled over, staring at Minho with his eyebrows raised in question. The corner of Minho's lip curled up slightly and he patted his lap. The younger smiled shyly, glancing at the people they were sharing the bench with.

 

“Come on,” Minho encouraged, hand outstretched, ignoring any looks that may have been directed at them. When Taemin was near enough, he wrapped his arm around his slim waist and pulled him close. “We're warmer like this,” Minho murmured, the side of his face buried in the other's teal scarf.

 

Taemin's eyes turned into small crescents as he hid his smile in Minho's fluffy blond hair. He set his confection-filled bags next to the others and reached up to remove the lollipop from his mouth to speak.

 

“You're the best.”

 

Taemin wasted no time in placing it back and completely enveloping his boyfriend's head in a hug. He could feel the other laughing against his chest and it made him laugh too.

 

Minho squeezed Taemin's side through his jacket so that he'd be released. He emerged from the layers of fabric with his hair cutely tousled. “I love you,” he said, looking up adoringly at Taemin with his dark honey-colored eyes.

 

Taemin mumbled something that sounded like 'I love you too,' but Minho wasn't sure, so he moved a hand to the short white stick that was between his lips. He pulled on it and Taemin reluctantly let the candy slip out of his mouth.

 

“What was that?” Minho asked teasingly.

 

“Give it back.”

 

“Is that what you said? Huh.” Minho pretended to think about that when he stuck the lollipop in his mouth, giving it a few to get a good taste, though he didn't doubt he could kiss Taemin and find out that way.

 

“Butterscotch?” he guessed, candy between his teeth and cheek.

 

"Congratulations!" Taemin exclaimed with mock excitement. “Now give it.”

 


 

A/N: *repeats "Minho's fluffy blond hair"* (:3 」∠)