Inaugurate

MAYday!

inaugurate
verb
mark the beginning or first public use of (an organization or project) ((or place, for the sake of my story))

{A new bakery opens and something sweet catches Minho's eye.} | 571w

 


 

“Put the volume up!” Kibum propped himself up on his elbows and motioned for Minho to be quiet from where he was lying on the floor.

 

Jonghyun grabbed for the remote on the coffee table littered with dirty plates and other kitchen utensils and turned up the TV.

 

“What is it?” Minho hurried into the living room after shutting off the faucet. His hands were dripping and he left a small trail of water on the wooden floor behind him.

 

“Shhh!”

 

Minho frowned when he saw the evening news on the screen. “Really?” He rolled his eyes and dragged his feet back into the kitchen, snagging a dishcloth from the oven handle to dry his hands. “Making a fuss over nothing. As usual,” he muttered.

 

“It's not nothing! If you'd actually pay attention, you'd see that this is actually really important.”

 

The story continued and Kibum's face brightened when the reporter on site introduced the owner of the new bakery in town.

 

“Woah, Bummie, it's your cousin!” Jonghyun excitedly patted Kibum's behind.

 

“Yeah, it's Onew, look!” He squirmed around on his stomach, just as thrilled, and waved Minho over to see.

 

“Jinki owns a restaurant?” the youngest asked with a raise of his eyebrows. “When did this happen?”

 

“Kinda. Listen!”

 

The three stared at the screen, watching Jinki tell the reporter how happy he was to finally realize his mother's dream after so may years and that he hoped a lot of people would stop by to try their tasty food. The camera then focused on the blond-haired teen next to him and the reporter asked him if he had a message for the viewers.

 

The boy giggled nervously, eyes curving into little crescents as his plump lips parted to reveal pearly teeth. “My brother worked really hard to see this day come and we're both really excited to present our family's best sweets. Everyone should come, I promise you'll love it!”

 

The reporter took over to wrap up the story and Kibum gushed over his cousins with Jonghyun, who was more than happy to have the other's hands on him. Meanwhile, Minho stood by with his eyes glued to the cute boy in the background, his heart squeezing when the live footage was cut and the lead anchors showed up on the screen again.

 

Minho didn't think twice before asking the other two if they could go to the bakery.

 

“We just ate though. I don't feel like driving,” Jonghyun said, sitting up and pointing at the mess they'd made. “We need to clean this up... And you said you were full.”

 

“I– there's always room for dessert,” Minho countered.

 

Kibum threw his head back laughing. “Your stomach is the greatest void known to man.”

 

“So...”

 

“We could go tomorrow,” Kibum offered, rolling onto his back.

 

“Come on, we should go. For your cousin!”

 

Jonghyun squinted his eyes at the youngest, detecting a hint of unnecessary desperation in his voice. “Which one?”

 

“The– No!” He stepped backwards away from the two. “Shut up!”

 

“I thought so,” Jonghyun commented, smirking when Minho blushed.

 

Kibum jolted off his back when he caught on. “What?!”

 

“Minho has a crush on your cousin, dude.” He snickered when the youngest rushed back to the kitchen to hide. “Go make yourself pretty,” he called. “I'm in the mood to drive.”

 


 

A/N: I rewrote this last minute, sorry if this seems rushed ...also just realized this is similar to 'eminent' ^^;;