Censure

MAYday!

censure
noun

strong or vehement expression of disapproval.

 

{Taemin has had enough of Minho's mistakes.} | 521w

 


 

“Unbelievable,” Taemin spat.

 

Minho paced in front of the tall window of their friend's apartment. The sun was long gone beyond the skyline, making his tall silhouette all Taemin could see against the orange glow of the city below. It was too similar to the incident from just two months ago.

 

“Un. Believable.”

 

Minho pressed his phone against his ear, leaving two lines across the side of his face. He threw several glances at the younger male, but none could fully meet his intense glare.

 

“Why are you trying so hard now, huh?” He leaned back onto the couch and watched the other hang up and re-dial the number of some girl he swore he hadn't slept with. “Memorized it and everything.” He shook his head in distaste.

 

“That doesn't mean a thing, Taemin,” he said through barred teeth.

 

“No, and neither does that tramp telling everyone you had .” He threw his head back and gave laugh that was more pained than anything. “Why would she do that?”

 

Minho kept moving across the room in that anxious manner that had become more and more usual for him.

 

“Why would the first?”

 

“Don't bring that up, Taemin!” Minho snapped, finally looking at him. “You know she was lying, just drop it already!”

 

Taemin rolled his eyes and heaved a sigh that only relieved some of the urge to break. “You wish it were that simple, don't you? Just forget it. Move on.” He swallowed audibly. “I don't care if you did.”

 

“I didn't.”

 

“I don't care.”

 

Minho locked his phone, giving up on trying to contact the woman in order to clear things up. “I didn't!”

 

“I don't care! You had to have done something to make them become so invested! Am I wrong?!” He himself to the edge of the cushion, gripping it and the armrest beside him. “Tell me!”

 

Minho clenched his jaw and stared at the wall behind Taemin. Large tears brimmed his tired eyes and he said the only thing he could say with absolute certainty. “I love you, Taemin.”

 

Taemin's chest tightened around his fast-beating heart. “No,” he forced through his teeth. “No,” he repeated, shaking his head. A tear raced down the side of his face and he bit his lip to send the pain to a place he could control it.

 

“Taemin, I never meant for any of this to happen.” He stopped to try to retain what control he had over himself. “I messed up, but I have you to trust me.”

 

A set of keys crashing against the door sounded from the other end of the room. Some of the tension between them dissipated, but only because they didn't want to be seen under such circumstances.

 

“Please..” he begged, his breaking voice reflecting how his heart was faring.

 

Their eyes remained locked and it took Kibum cautiously announcing his return for Taemin to react.

 

“I wish I could.” He stood, wiping the moisture from his face with the back of his hand, and grabbed his jacket before leaving.