Chapter

The world we used to play around

CHAPTER NINETEEN

 

 

Taec entered the familiar room with the incident weighing on his mind. He’d been here for numerous times but it seems to change every time he sees it. The curtains seem dull for the moment and the king sized bed sitting in the middle of the room seem too fluffy and precious to sit on. Not like before, it appeared to be a paradise in his eyes.

He finally managed to sit on the edge of the bed and placed his gym bag aside at the floor. He rested his palms on his knees and drifted off to his own world once again.

“Khun went to visit a while ago” The girl leaning on the door frame spoke. Taec nodded. It was right of Khun to tell her everything that happened and she deserves every right to.  She uncrossed her arms from her chest and sat beside the space near him.

“Can I ask you a question?” She reluctantly asked. Taec set his thoughts aside for a minute and focused his attention to Yoona. Everything was his fault and he can’t even do anything that would mend the wounds he left in the heart of his loved ones, even Yoona’s who he got every chance to.

Taec gently nodded his head and glared at her eyes. It was beautiful yet the trace of sadness is still present. What a waste of such beauty, he thought.

“Are you also like this…. When we separated?” Yoona’s face reddened as embarrassment flushed her. Regret appeared after a minute or two but she can’t take her words back.

Silence

Silence

Silence

“You know I loved you before, don’t you?” He asked, eyes glued on nothing particular but away from her eyes.

Yoona shyly nodded. It was not right to ask him this kind of careless question when his emotions are jumping freely around his mind, away from its right place. He must be dead confused by now.

“Then you know the answer”

Yoona’s heart finally melted from her heart and guilt washed over her. Seeing him in this situation was beyond worse than death its own.  She can’t imagine the suffering she had cost him knowing how much he loved her before and she even had the guts to place a grief on her heart to him. But that was all in the past. Now, all she wanted is to get everything right.

“Taec… “She whispered, caressing his lined jaws gently by her soft thumb.

“Please give me a chance… let me heal the wounds… I may not be the one who caused the pain now but I was the one who caused the pain before that I know deepened even more now… I was the start… please?” carefully, she brushed her lips against his. She felt his body stiffened by the sudden kiss but soon kissed back.

It may be the worst thing he can do by now but the pain is just so unbearable and her kiss was the one that ease it a little but not completely. Suzy’s still the one his mind and body was craving for.

He loved how his hands automatically placed on her back as she wrapped her arms to his neck. The sweet taste of her lips lingered as it deepened bringing both of them almost lying on the bed.

Yoona, fluttering her eyes open again, pulled back.

“Im sor—“

“No, it’s my fault” Yoona assured.

Taec felt dumb for a second after his mind registered what he had done.

 “Yoona! We’re ba— … oh?” Tiffany stopped mid-way in front of the door, eyes glimmering.

“So what do we have here?” She teasingly murmured as a naughty grin crossed her face.

“It’s long since I last saw you here… in her room, Mr OK”

“Back off, Tiff” he loudly sighed, running his hands through his hair.

“Okay, chill, I understand… so…  I must be leaving?” She asked, still plastered with the smile.

“No! no… we’re… almost done…. Five minutes and we’ll be out…” Yoona spoke.

“Okay?” Tiffany then stormed out. Yoona placed her hand on top of his.

“Go home and come back if your mind is on its right deck… I’ll be waiting” she smiled.