Chapter

The world we used to play around

 

CHAPTER TWELVE        

 

He placed the heavy bags in front of a building with glass windows, automatic door, and hundreds of doors. “Don’t you want me to send you up? These are seriously heavy” he asked with a worried smile.

“Sica will be here in any minute. She’ll help me with these” Yoona send Jessica a message to let her know that she already arrived in Korea and she’s safe to go back to the dorm.

“Go now or our manager might see us” said Yoona. “Are you sure he didn’t suspect or anything?” he looked up at the tall building and stared at the window with the lights open.

“Me and Sica’s good at things like this” she chuckled. “Okay, I believe you… so, I’ll go now”

“Wait!” she shouted back. She grabbed Taec’s wrist and leaned closer to give a peek on his cheeks. “You’ve been a really good friend, Mr Ok TaecYeon” she smiled.

“Yoona!” a girl’s voice shouted. “I never thought you’ll stay up until this late. I had enough hiding for a week, okay” she growled. Jessica was carrying big bags too. They told their manager that they will have some sort of vacation in Jessica’s place in America but that never happened.

Yoona went on a vacation with Taec in Paris for a week while Jessica stayed with her friend who just came back from America for the whole week. “Are you guys sure you don’t need help with these scary bags?”

“Don’t worry mine is not that heavy. I only filled these with light shirts so our manager will believe that I’ll really go with Yoona” she said with a cold tone. “Okay… but I’m sure Yoona’s bag is heavy. She never stopped buying gifts and souvenir for all of you while we are still in Paris” he laughed.

“Really?” she looked at Yoona who just nod. “I’m quite touched” she said with an apathetic look and it’s not obvious with her face. What’s the use of calling her “The Ice Princess”?

--

“Hyung, your back” he saw chansung sitting in front of the TV with popcorns wrapped around his arms. “Where are the guys?”

“Wooyoung, he’s been out often lately and Junho spent the free time with her mom while Junsu is busy composing new songs” He sighed and started filling his mouth with the cheese flavoured snack.

“Taec! How’s vacation?” Khun walked out of the kitchen and saw Taec removing his shoes in front of the door while his bags are scattered in the floor.

“Exhausting…. But fun” He smiled. “Ok, go rest now… you look like a zombie already” he teased.

Before walking again, he opened one of the bags and threw a small paper bag to Khun. “What’s this” he looked curiously at the white paper bag. “I felt nice so I thought of buying some gifts for you guys. Yoona helped me to pick that for you”

“How about me?” Changsung cried. “I’ll give yours tomorrow. It’s deep inside the bag and I have no time to dig it now”

Khun opened the paper and saw a signature leather jacket that looks expensive enough to rip Taec’s pockets. “Don’t worry... It’s my birthday gift to you and I insist you accept it” he spoke before closing the door to his room.

“The old Taec is coming back. I think everything’s doing the same” chansung sighed. He was back being the old Taec they met few years ago before the sad incident between him and Yoona occurred.

“I also think so…” Khun smiled brightly while staring at the jacket with awe.

--

"Taec, wake up!" he blink his eyes seeing Seulong at the side of the bed, shaking him to be awake. "It's too early" he covered his face with blanket, half-awaked.

"What? do you know what time it is? it's almost past lunchtime" he growled. Taec looked at the alarm clock beside him. it's already one in the afternoon. "wake up and let's grab a lunch. we've been missing you and we need some story about your vacation"

TaecYeon successfully woke up from his dream land and rushed to take a shower.

--

"Why are you not ordering yet?" he asked while looking at Seulong who keeps on checking on his phone since they got in the restaurant. "Just wait"

after some while, three girls appeared inside the resto, fully covered. "what took you so long?" he saw seulong stood up from his sit and directed the girls to sit down.

"Hey, Taec!" the first girl with short and petite body waved. "I called the girls to join us today" Seulong spoke. 

"Waiter!" Fei whose sitting beside suzy opposite to the guys raised her hand to call the waiter. soon everyone got their menus on hand and ordered. "Are you sure you can eat all those?" Fei asked, amazed.

"Don't worry he's the "It" for today" Seulong chuckled. Taec shot him a death glare. "I'm tired from the trip, okay?" he sighed.

"That's new. someone's tired from vacation" Jia teased. "Hey! you still owe us a story don't you?"

"Actually, I just toured around Paris, that's it" he gave out a long sigh. "Paris?! You never mentioned going to paris?" Jia said with a hint of shock.

"It's Jin Young hyung's idea. he gave me tickets and paid all the expenses so why let the opportunity pass?" he proudly stated as he shrugged his broad shoulders. Fei wiped with a piece of napkin and sighed loudly "Our boss is really unfair"

"Didn't Suzy mention that she was amost with me in that trip" he looked at Suzy who's quietly eating her pasta and haven't spoke a word for quite a while. "Really? but what happened?" Jia stared confusedly to Suzy. 

Suzy placed her fork down and drank a little water "there was a problem about my visa or something. he just said that and didn't explain any further" Taec looked confused. it's entirely different from what JYP had told him.

"But I thought you had a busy schedule that's why you failed to come" he asked furrowing his eyebrows. "Busy? she just stayed the whole week home because we just finished promoting our album" Fei shook her head while fixing the messed up strands of her hair.

--

After the lunch, they went to the same place they often go in lazy sundays. the 2am dorm which is often not occupied, Jinwoon got his own trip with some friend guitarist, Jo Kwon often stroll out, and Changmin... he got his own world.

Seulong started the "Grab and throw" method to lessen the mess in the dorm by grabbing things and throwing them again in another spot. the florr started to show up after a little cleaning.

The girls sat at the sofa whil Jia and the guys are in the kitchen preparing some snack for their movie marathon they often did during trainee days. 

"I'll get the TV ready" he said leaving the things to both of them. he went out the living room and saw Suzy alone. "where's Fei?" 

"She got a phone call" she pointed the door and watched taec open the TV and scan random DVDs. "You've been too quite since I came. any prob?" he casually said while his eyes still focused on the DVDs.

Suzy didn't respond but just stared down to her pearl white palm. "Avatar or resident evil?" he removed two DVDs from the rack and showed to Suzy.

"What did you do in Paris" she murmured in a low and soft voice. He looked at Suzy asking his self if he should tell her or not.

"Just had some time to relax and appreciate the world" he chuckled not mentioning that he had done it with Yoona. "So, call them now, I'll start this in a few seconds" She nodded and stood up to call fei.

"Idiot" he sighed as he thought of what he had done.