Pilot chapter

The world we used to play around

 

 

Taec couldn’t help but smile as he reminisce the just ended drama “Cinderella Sisters” which he played one of the supporting roles. The nights and days he spent filming tasted a sweetly in his memories as the drama succeeded to reach their expectation or maybe even exceeded what was first expected. Now, that it fairly ended, happiness is all that he can.

He slouched at the car seat and rested his head on welcoming leather. They are on their way to JYP for a brief check of how the comeback is doing. The car pulled inside the underground basement and with much disbelief, Jin Young Park, himself, was standing in front of the automatic sliding door and waiting for their arrival, his arrival.

He was standing firm with a big and cheeky smile plastered on his face. His sharp jaws and pearl-white teeth can be seen from a far. He looked way calmer and less tensed than they last saw him the week before the comeback.  The 2PM one by one got out of the van, each waving and smiling as they walked passed JYP until Taec, the last one, got down.

He just had a closer view from Mr Park’s smile and was about to walked pass him as he waved when JYP approached him.

“Taec, in my office, now” He said, still with a smile.

Taec followed him until they reached the luxurious office. It was filled with expensive looking painting hung everywhere, the walls are painted crimson, oak vintage table standing directly opposite to the black leather couch which Taec loves the most among all that’s mentioned.

“For the past few years, do you think you’ve improved enough?” JYP asked with a stern voice but the smile being forcedly kept was obvious.

“Uhm… what?” He confusedly asked, furrowing his brows.

“Do you think you’re prepared to step another stage?”

“I’m getting seriously confused. Can you just tell it straight?” He replied with much irritation on his voice. JYP’s lips crossed a grin and his is beamed like a little kid who just had his Christmas present.

“So, you killed the fun but I’ll still tell you” His grin growing bigger. “I just had this call a while ago and it was just some producer that wants you to have a role as the main lead for the newest drama on KBS

Taec dazed off and froze on his seat. It took seconds before he registered the news.

“W-what? M-main lead?” he stuttered, obviously shocked and excited for the news just delivered.

“And guess what> you get to work with you group mate, WooYoung and Miss A’s Suzy. Isn’t that a great surprise? So, I must let you free and go spread the fun” JYP chuckled as he gave Taec a proud tap on his shoulder. Taec smiled widely. He can’t believe this is happening.

Working with WooYoung and Suzy for a drama isn’t just fun its super fun! He thought.

Taec repeatedly thanked the guy and walked for the door. He was about to twist the knob when someone opened it on the other side, swinging the door wide open.  Taec’s mouth grew dry and a rush of heat was felt on his cheeks. He was unable to say a word, a single word which is entirely different from his attitude.

In front of many other girls, he would coolly say ‘hi’ and charm them without feeling nervous or having butterflies in his stomach but with her, standing so close to him, everything around him turned blur and she was the only one on focus. It was like his eyes were functioning as a DSLR camera.

“H-hi?” he awkwardly spoke, gaining a shy smile from Suzy. Before she could even reply, Taec ran off like a scared chicken about to be roasted. When he is sure enough he was far from her sight, he leaned his back on a wall and placed his hand on his chest. It was beating so loudly.

He sighed loudly. He looked totally like an in love teenager who’s too coward from what he is doing.

“Aish!” he groaned, smacking his forehead with his palm.