Gyuji; Homecoming

PinkFinite

 

Kim Sunggyu and Jung Eunji. Both of them are the head of student council; Sunggyu as the president and Eunji as the vice-president. As cliche as it sounds, they both known each other during their fourth year when they have to work together for an event and somehow the teachers love how they both are very cooperative and hardworking, thus they both were picked as the head of the student council. 

Kim Sunggyu is a guy who is a perfectionist, very strict and some people might find him very hard to befriend with while Jung Eunji, on the other side, is very easy-going, friendly and genuine. It's amazing how wonders work between them, because roughly, people can say, by knowing their personalities, they don't suit each other very well.

Sunggyu likes to work with Eunji because he finds her very comfortable and easy to work with because somehow she knows what he wants and how things should be done even without his opinions, and as for Eunji, she finds Sunggyu is a great guy and she even admires him. To her, Kim Sunggyu is perfect. People say that he's unfriendly because he is not used to attention and he does not know how to react most of the time, but Eunji finds it very cute for Sunggyu to have this side of him.

 

**********

 

Sunggyu walks to school earlier today than usual because he have so much work to do especially when homecoming is just around the corner. He goes straight to his locker to find huge piles of letters inside it. 

 

Hey, aren't you being a little show off lately?

 

W-Woohyun... Good morning.

 

Morning Gyu. Well, don't you want to tell me what's with all these letters? I'm being jealous here.

 

Isn't it obvious, Woohyun? All these are from his fans, asking him to be their dates for homecoming.

 

I'm not asking you, Hoya.

 

Too bad, I'm not going, guys. You can take them if you want to.

 

Gyu, what do you mean you're not going? You're the president here, you should come! The teachers would love to see you there.

 

I'm not sure Woohyun, I'm not used to attention, don't you remember? I can work like they want me to but I can't handle being the center of attention.

 

Hey buddy, cheer up okay, it's not like you're going to be alone to handle all these. You have us.

 

Thanks Hoya. I know that and I might have another problem. I don't have a date.

 

What?!? Sunggyu, are you blind? Out of all these letters, you just have to pick one.

 

I don't know Woohyun. I don't feel like going with a random girl.

 

Well then Sunggyu, why don't you ask Eunji? I bet she would love to be your date.

 

Yeah Sunggyu, ask Eunji. You two are like the sweetest lovebirds here.

 

First, we're not even in a relationship. Second, I have a lot of work to do. I'm going.

 

Okay Gyu, see you at lunch.

 

Don't forget to think about asking Eunji. Even if you two are not a thing, but we both know you have a huge crush on her. Don't waste you chance Gyu, you will regret it.

 

I'll think about it when I have time. See you.

 

**********

 

Sunggyu is really focus in completing all the work. He does not even realize when Eunji enters the student council's office. Eunji, on the other hand, just walks straight to her desk since Sunggyu is too engrossed in his work and she smiles seeing him like that. Then, the bell rings.

 

Dear president, stop being too engrossed in your work and get ready to go to class.

 

Ohhh Eunji-ssi, I'm sorry, I didn't see you there. Thanks.

 

Sunggyu-ssi, if you want me to do some of the work, you can just let me, okay? You don't have to do it all by yourself.

 

Ahhh okay. I will tell you later, Eunji-ssi. See you after class.

 

Okay Sunggyu-ssi.

 

That day goes very fast to Sunggyu's liking. Woohyun and Hoya are being such busybody, urging Sunggyu to ask Eunji and how he will lose his chance because Eunji is quite popular too. Then after that, class goes by as usual. Sunggyu packs his bag, ready to go the student council's office to complete what's left and somehow, he is suprised by Eunji when she is secretly waiting for him outside of his class. 

 

Eunji-ssi, you know I might get a heart attack.

 

I'm sorry Sunggyu-ssi, for knowing you this long, I know you will not let me do some of the work unless I constantly ask you to.

 

You don't have to say that Eunji-ssi, you're being too honest sometimes I find it embarrassing.

 

Well, at least it works.

 

**********

 

At the student council's office, Sunggyu explains to Eunji on how the work should be done and both of them do the work quietly for the rest of the day without breaking. Looking at the time, it is getting very late. Thus, Sunggyu finishes what can be done and ask Eunji to do the same.

 

Thanks, Eunji-ssi. That's enough for today. Let me walk you home. It's getting dark outside.

 

Well, thank you Sunggyu-ssi.

 

No problem.

 

Sunggyu-ssi, do you have any dates for the homecoming?

 

W-What?

 

Ohhh I was just asking. You know, I have a problem with it.

 

Mind if I wanna know what's the problem is Eunji-ssi?

 

Hmmm well, I've got like three guys asking me to be their dates but I didn't answer them yet.

 

Ohhh...

 

You know Inguk, right? He is the first one to ask me. He's very nice and cute. Then, Yoseob, from your class. He asked me during lunch and I have to say, it's very awkward because I was with my friends. He's fine too. And last, Daehyun. God, I really love his voice. You watched his performance right? I melted that night haha.

 

Hahaha well, Eunji-ssi, that's very lucky of you. These three boys are very popular and the fact that they choose you to be their dates, you should appreciate them.

 

B-But, you're popular too, Sunggyu-ssi?

 

What?

 

I heard that you have a lot of letters in your locker, asking to be your date.

 

Why is that story have to be spread throughout the school in the first place?

 

Well, that's what you get for being too popular, Sunggyu-ssi.

 

Hey, I'm just doing my job.

 

Haha I'm joking, okay let's get back to my problem. Who should I choose, Sunggyu-ssi? Is it Inguk, Yoseob or Daehyun?

 

Suddenly, Sunggyu stops, causing Eunji to be confused thus she stops too. Ummm Eunji-ssi, I have something to discuss with you. He looks straight into her eyes.

 

Oh, what is it, Sunggyu-ssi? Eunji finds herself blushing.

 

Sunggyu grabs Eunji's hand. What about me, Eunji-ssi?

 

S-Sunggyu...?

 

What about me? Can I be your date? Eunji is speechless.

 

You know, I have a crush on you and I'm too scared to say it but Woohyun and Hoya have been urging me to ask you to be my date. They said that I might regret for not taking my chance. Do I have a chance, Eunji-ssi?

 

Eunji-ssi...?

 

Eunji-ssi, are you okay?

 

Did I say something wrong?

 

Eunji-ssi, say something.

 

Sunggyu is worried because Eunji does not say anything. She just stares at him. 

 

Eunji... He starts to shake her hand, wanting to wake her up from her thoughts or to bring her back to reality.

 

Jung Eunji...? I'm sorry, I'm very, truly sorry. You can choose any from the three of them if you want to, I'm okay. I don't even plan on going in the first place actually.

 

S-Sunggyu, is it true?

 

What is it, Eunji-ssi?

 

That you have a crush on me?

 

Ahhh that... well, kinda... he starts rubbing his head, looking somewhere else.

 

Sunggyu, can you just call me Eunji? I love how you call me that. her cheeks reddens.

 

E-Eunji... with that she wraps her hands around his waist. She hides her redden cheeks at his neck.

 

I'm actually waiting for you to ask me Sunggyu, and I'm happy that you did. with that, he hugs her back, staying like that for a few more minutes for them to actually feel it. He hides his smile at her hair.