I miss the old you.

And then I met you, (again)

Mino felt a hand wiping his tears away. He looked up, only to see Taehyun’s delicate hands on his cheeks.

“Maybe that person has a reason. I’m sure he didn’t leave you because he wants to.” Taehyun comforted Mino. The other members just looked on at the unusual scene, empathising Mino.

“I don’t think so. We promised each other not to leave even when we’re faced with the hardest problems. He left me hanging, making me wonder if it was my fault. I blamed myself for four years, and I still am now.” Mino confessed, sobbing even harder this time.

“Were you hurt all these while? I… I’m sorry… I didn’t know it was a punishment for you….” Taehyun couldn’t control his emotions and tears started flowing down his cheeks. Mino avoided Taehyun’s gaze and lay down on the messy floor.

“I don’t believe you’re sorry.” Mino answered, short. Taehyun felt like he just got stabbed in the heart with a knife.

“Yah are you two filming a drama? Come on let’s go and sleep we have to practice tomorrow.” Seunghoon broke the tension in the air. With that, the members left their food and drinks and headed off to bed.

“Ah it’s gonna stink so bad when we wake up tomorrow, my head hurts so badly.” Seungyoon muttered while walking sloppily into his room in his drunken state.

Everyone else were wasted that night and immediately fell asleep the moment they reached their room, except Taehyun. He stood by his window, his tears keep falling and he couldn’t stop it.

“I blamed myself for four years, and I still am now.” Those words were ringing in his ears and he could not stop thinking about it.

“So he distanced himself from me because he felt that he was at fault that all these happened? Mino ah what am I going to do with you, it’s not your fault. It’s really not your fault Mino ya…” Taehyun cried. He stood by the window in deep thoughts. “What should I do now?” He asked himself.

Without thinking, he crept out of his room into the dark living room and made his way to Mino’s room. When he found the room that was once Seungyoon’s room, he entered.

“So you still sleep with his night light because you’re afraid of the dark.” Taehyun smiled as he remembered a piece of his memory from his past. He carefully walked over to Mino’s bedside and sat on the floor, staring at the figure who was already in deep sleep, in front of his eyes.

“I missed you.” Taehyun whispered, as he carefully caressed Mino’s face. “I’m sorry I left. I didn’t want to. I really had no choice back then.” He whispered again, trying to hold back his tears from falling. He rested his head on Mino’s arm. ‘I miss falling asleep in your arms.’ He smiled as the smell of mino’s familiar cologne entered his soul.

A part of him knows that the Mino that’s lying in front of him isn’t the Mino he used to know in the past. The Mino he knows now had changed and he knows why. Mino doesn’t flash his beautiful set of smile to him anymore, Mino didn’t call him by his baby name anymore, instead he addresses him with formalities, Mino becomes awkward when Taehyun approaches him. He noticed all that even when it was just Mino’s first day.

Taehyun got up and left the room. As much as he wants to sleep by Mino’s side, he knows his limits.

“I am still the same Taehyun but Mino isn’t the same Mino.”

Taehyun lay in his bed that night twisting and turning in his bed but he just could not fall asleep. “I can’t be late for our practice tomorrow morning. Go to sleep Nam Taehyun!” He convinced himself.

Morning came and the usual annoying alarm sounded in the dorm. Seunghoon ran out of his room, shouting. He opened Jinwoo and Seungyoon’s room door and shouted, “Guys guys I think there is a fire in the house!!! We’re all going to die in here!!!”

“Hyung, are you still drunk? That’s how the alarm in the morning sounds like. The president installed it like that so we’ll wake up early thinking there’s a fire in the house. But trust me, after one week here, you’ll be immuned to it.” Seungyoon, still half asleep, explained to Seunghoon who was still panicking.

“Oh… really? I’ll go make breakfast then.” Seunghoon walked out of the room in embarrassment. Mino entered the kitchen shortly after Seunghoon. “Why is the alarm so loud? It’s hurting my head” Mino complained.

“I guess we’ll have to endure this for the rest of our lives. I ran out in my boxers thinking it was a fire.” Seunghoon laughed, Mino laughed along too. “Good morning hyung.” Mino hugged Seunghoon from the back while Seunghoon starts cutting up fruits for breakfast.

“Are you going to continue hugging me even when we’re living with three other people? Yah they’re all going to think we’re dating” Seunghoon teased Mino who was used to hugging Seunghoon every morning when they both rented out a dorm and stayed together for a year.

“Aren’t we, hyung? You know I only have you and you only have me.” Mino answered Seunghoon, tightening their hug.

“Uhum…” The sound of someone’s cough broke their laughter. “Am I disturbing anything?” Jinwoo asked. “Good morning hyung! Oh, we’re preparing breakfast.” Mino explained.

“Yah how much did we drink last night, my head still hurts now. I can barely remember anything.” Jinwoo complained while getting himself a cup of water. “Ah, what did we do last night? Truthfully I don’t even remember what we did after Seunghoon poured me a cup of soju.” Mino rubbed his head.

“Maybe we should ask Taehyun later, since he’s the only one who didn’t drink last night.” Seunghoon suggested. The two other boys nodded.

After a while, breakfast was ready and all the members gathered on the table again which has been cleaned from all the mess they made last night.

“Taehyun ah, did you remember what happened last night? Judging from the mess, we all turned into animals didn’t we?” Seunghoon asked.

“L…last night?” Taehyun stuttered, in a dilemma if he should tell them about what Mino shared with them about their first kiss.

“Um, you guys just, dranked and laughed? Oh and Jinwoo started rapping too!” Taehyun lied.

“Me? I rapped? In front of two ‘school champion’ rappers? I must have made a fool out of myself last night!” Jinwoo laughed at himself.

“Anything else?” Mino asked, awkwardly. “F…for some reason my eyes hurt so bad. Did I cry or something?” he continued.

Taehyun avoided his gaze for a while because he did not want to tell the truth. “O…oh, you were talking about how much you missed your family overseas and you wanted to make them proud.” Taehyun lied again.

“Ah that an embarrassing thing to cry over. I probably missed my gramps back in Australia.” Mino said, shyly while stuffing a spoon of rice into his mouth.

After breakfast ended, the members washed up and left the house for their practice. While walking, Jinwoo grabbed Taehyun’s arms and walked with him. “Taehyun ah, I saw the guy you we’re eyeing on yesterday hugging his hyung. I think they’re dating.” Jinwoo told Taehyun what he saw this morning.

“Really hyung… I never said I liked him so this doesn’t affect me at all.” Taehyun defended and stormed off, feeling a little jealous thinking of the possibility that the two could be secretly dating.

“Why is that boy so defensive? He must really have a huge crush on hugeboy.” Jinwoo muttered as he walked alone tailing the rest of the members.

When they reached the practice room, the members took their seats in front of their vocal teacher. Mino took a seat beside Seunghoon and Taehyun just eyed on those two. ‘Are they really dating?’ Taehyun subconsciously asked himself.

“Nice to meet you Mino and Seunghoon. I’m your vocal trainer. You’ll see me every single day even if you don’t like me okay?” Their vocal trainer joked. “Can you show me your rap skills?” he requested.

Mino and Seunghoon started rapping, making the other three members stare at them in awe. They were shocked and impressed at their rapping skills.

“Yah, now I know why the president chose you two. You guys are really good!” the vocal trainer praised the two of them, genuinely impressed.

The vocal practice went on for the entire day with breaks in between. For the whole day, Taehyun was keeping an eye on Mino and Seunghoon. Every time Mino becomes all playful around Seunghoon, a part of Taehyun died a little.

That night, they practiced until 3am; choosing songs and remixing them. Seunghoon came up with a couple of choreographs for the group to try out as well. They reached the dorm slightly half an hour past 3am. There were only two toilets in the dorm and Jinwoo and Seungyoon had rushed to occupy both toilets the moment they reached home.

Taehyun, Mino and Seunghoon were in the living room, waiting for their turn. Taehyun took a seat furthest from those two and kept looking at those two. Mino was lying on Seunghoon’s lap while taking selcas to send to his grandparents.

“Caption will be….. ‘With Seunghoonie hyung after our first practice. Gramps, I’m so tired I feel like I’m going to die.’ Inserts a sad face too” Mino mumbled to himself while writing a caption to send to his grandparents.

From far, Taehyun smiled watching Mino send a photo of himself to his grandparents. He knows how close Mino is with his grandparents. He wanted to ask Mino how his grandparents were doing, but he stopped himself.

After a while, Jinwoo and Seungyoon left the toilets and went into their rooms. Taehyun got up first and headed towards the first toilet, leaving Mino and Seunghoon. Then Seunghoon stood up and grabbed his towel and Mino’s that is hanging on the window.

“Mino ya, shall we have a bath together like good old times?” Seunghoon suggested, since it was nearly 4am. Taehyun widened his eyes and stopped his steps when he heard Seunghoon’s suggestion.

“What is this? Are they really dating? They are so close that they even bath together?” he couldn’t help having those thoughts as he slowly walked to the bathroom, at the same time wanting to know Mino’s answer. ‘You better not accept the offer Mino.’ He earnestly wished.

“Okay, call!” Mino answered as he sprung up and grabbed his towel from Seunghoon. Taehyun could literally hear his heart shatter at that moment.

 

A/N: Folks, I need your opinion. Don’t you guys think this story is moving a little too slow? It’s already 5 chapters but it’s only their second day in YG. :/ Do comment alright, I welcome all good and bad comments. (Tell me if my writing bores you or not I need to improve myself). Thank you to all the new subscribers as well, this means a lot to me :)