Stay with me.

And then I met you, (again)

Taehyun walked into the room and saw Mino sitting on the edge of his bed waiting patiently for him to come in.

“You called for me?” Taehyun asked.

“Mmm” Mino answered without looking at Taehyun’s face.

Taehyun didn’t know what was going on. As far as he remembered, Mino was just fine that morning. He looked at Mino’s figure, trying to recall what happened that entire day. Now with that look on his face, he looked exactly like the first time he came into YG – cold and unfriendly.

“A..are you okay?” Taehyun cowardly asked, slightly bending his body to take a look at Mino’s face clearly. Mino sighed without uttering a word.

“M..Mino?” Taehyun called out, slightly stuttering.

Mino looked up with his eyes now red. He looked at Taehyun’s worried face and he brushed his hair back.

 “No…” Mino muttered. “I look bad, don’t I?” he asked Taehyun, making eye contact this time. “I screwed practice today and held back the team because of my unprofessionalism. Do I even deserve to be the leader?”

Taehyun widened his eyes when he heard his lover asking such questions to him. He thought Mino was going to be cold to him that night but he was actually confiding in him. Was he? He took a seat beside Mino and courageously wrapped his arms around his broad shoulder. “What’s wrong?” Taehyun asked with empathy.

Mino, who felt the warm embrace by Taehyun, turned his head and locked eyes with Taehyun, looking into his eyes. “Me.” Mino answered, short.

“I am the problem. I don’t know why I am feeling this way but I feel hurt. So hurt that I feel like someone is stabbing me with a knife straight to my heart.” he confessed.

Taehyun looked deep into Mino’s red and watery eyes. He could sense that something was bothering Mino so much and he was determined to get it out of Mino. “Let it out” he whispered, totally concerned about his lover.

“I know I shouldn’t be so concerned and overly disturbed by this. I wasn’t this kind of person, Taehyun ah” Mino continued. “I know I should trust you fully when I held you in my arms… But ever since you left me all alone waiting for your phone call, I started to have insecurities with the people around me. Everything else is so precious around me that I fear losing them, even when I know that they’re mine.” Mino started weeping.

Taehyun tightened his embrace, letting his lover pour his emotions out on his shoulders and at the same time digesting everything that Mino is conveying through his weeps.

“Ah…” Mino sighed again. “I don’t want to show you this weak side of me I’ve been hiding for four years…” he mumbled.

“Shhh shhhh... It’s okay. Let it all out... I’ll be with you until you tell me what is wrong” Taehyun muttered softly into Mino’s ears.

“What should I do?” Mino asked himself, not expecting any answer. “Tell me everything” Taehyun answered earnestly.

Mino straightened his body and looked up. He realised that he was in a confused state. He wanted to tell Taehyun everything but at the same time he didn’t want to change the way things are between Taehyun and Yunhyeong. He knows Taehyun probably had been counting on Yunhyeong so much just like how he has always been depending on Seunghoon for support ever since the break-up. That’s the biggest reason why he didn’t want to tell Taehyun why he in that state, because it might change the way things are between them.

He hated himself for feeling that way. He knows Taehyun belonged to him now, but a part of him is making him feel insecure. He had been really fragile ever since the break-up years ago and he didn’t like that emotion taking control over him. He was aware that he was sobbing over a ridiculous matter but he couldn’t help it. Every single time he sees Taehyun being all touchy with Yunhyeong, the scene at the rooftop played in his head like broken cassette player.

Mino was in a dilemma. He was sure Taehyun will distance himself from Yunhyeong if he were to tell him the truth but that wasn’t what he wanted. He didn’t want to rip of another person’s friendship for the sake of pleasing himself. He knows that Taehyun respected his alone time with Seunghoon so he felt like he should do the same to Taehyun as well. However, his mind and heart aren’t in sync. He keeps contradicting what his heart says and he always ended up doing things he didn’t originally plan.

Mino was in conflict for a while; he didn’t know what to do at that point in time. He couldn’t imagine what was best for the both of them – Either come clean about the whole situation or bear with it so that both of them don’t get hurt. He knows that the truth will be out eventually, but he fears for the worse.

He stood up and faced Taehyun whose head followed his figure as he rose up from his bed. He bent down and held on to Taehyun’s shoulders, making eye contact.

“I’m sorry” Mino whispered.

“For what?” Taehyun asked.

“For doubting you,… for not trusting you even when you said you loved me,… for always thinking about the negative things,… for always feeling insecure,.. for …”

“Shhh” Taehyun interrupted Mino who was still holding on to Taehyun’s small frame.

“I love you, and that’s all that matters. You don’t have to be sorry for anything, Mino.” Taehyun assured him.

“There is a long list of the times where I was sorry to you but I don’t want to apologise to you now. You know why? Because that was our past, and right now we’re starting anew, so there is no need to feel this way.” he continued.

“And besides, we were kids in the past so we didn’t know about feelings and stuff. Now that we’re more mature, we understand each other better. So I say let’s put all our bad feelings aside and start anew?”

Mino sniffed and embraced Taehyun into a hug. “Now this is why I love you. You’re always so positive about everything. You always know how to make me feel better.” He broke away from the hug and looked at Taehyun in the eye. Their sincere conversation was tugging their heartstrings that they both had tears in their eyes. They both stood up and looked deep into each other’s eyes.

He moved his face closer to Taehyun, closing in the gap between them. Mino rested his nose on Taehyun’s and they both looked at each other, cherishing that precious moment. They both knew how precious that moment was to the both of them, especially after not meeting for 4 years and now that they have met, they rarely get their own private time together.

Mino placed his arms on Taehyun’s hips and his lips began to find its way towards Taehyun’s lips. He smiled slightly looking at his lover who had expected what was coming next. Taehyun had his eyes closed and Mino loved that gentle and innocent sight of him. He carefully placed his lips onto Taehyun’s moist lips. If there is one thing he loved about Taehyun’s body parts, are his soft lips. He could vaguely remember how it felt like during their first kiss years ago, but now he does. It has become his favourite thing about Taehyun from then on.

Taehyun could feel Mino’s warm lips placed nicely on his. He opened his mouth slightly and welcomed Mino’s tongue into him. The two embraced in a warm kiss with tears falling down their cheeks. It has been awhile since they both had a sincere talk about their feelings and they were glad they could find comfort in each other.

The lovers were groaning in their room, passionately kissing and biting each other’s lips. It was such an intimate moment for the two of them and they started to feel their bodies heating up.

Mino’s hands began wandering around Taehyun’s body, touching every single part of his lover. He could feel Taehyun’s growing leaning onto his own and he had already come up with plans for the both of them that night. The lovers have never gotten this intimate before, but tonight is a different story.

“Have you done this before?” Mino released Taehyun’s tongue and asked in between his bated breath.

“Did what?” Taehyun played dumb.

“This. Having a hard on for a guy”

Taehyun blushed. He forgot that Mino could be really direct at times and this time he was on point. His face was flushed red and by the time Mino mentioned his growing hard on, it was too late. He was too passionately kissing Mino he didn’t realise he was growing hard down there.

Shyly, he shook his head, looking down and trying to avoid Mino’s lustful gaze. Mino, who noticed his lover’s face tensing up placed his fingers on his chin and lifted his face up.

“Don’t be shy. We’re not strangers anymore, are we?” Mino whispered in a calm tone.

Taehyun smiled, finding strength in Mino’s soft look on his face. He nodded and buried his face in Mino’s chest.

“I’d like to make this night special for the both of us. Would you give me a chance?” Mino asked sincerely. He had always wanted to ‘go the extra mile’ with Taehyun in their relationship but he never got the chance. Because it ended so abruptly… after their first kiss at the alley.

Mino was sincere, he wanted to understand Taehyun better, feel him, embrace him and be inside him that night. In his mind, he was hoping Taehyun would give him a green light too but he was prepared for the worse, just in case Taehyun wasn’t ready to take their relationship to the next level. After all, it has been 4 years since they last saw each other.

He looked at Taehyun again who was looking at him like a little kid. The innocent eyes made Mino think twice about his decisions. He has been ready for this but what about Taehyun? He never considered Taehyun’s feelings or let him have his say. ‘Maybe Taehyun isn’t ready. I shouldn’t be too hasty about this.’ Mino thought.

Taehyun wanted it. He wanted it so much but a part of him tells him that he wasn’t ready. He despised himself for not able to have his own stand point. Of course he wanted it- to sleep with the man he loved, to feel his own against his, to have him inside of him at that very moment, to have their seeds splattering on each other’s bodies as they reach their es, but he felt like he wasn’t ready for it. He felt really sorry towards Mino for not being able to fulfil his desires that night.

Mino cleared his throat and hugged Taehyun. “I’m sorry that I suggested that. I wasn’t thinking.” He could feel Taehyun shaking his head, trying to say something.

“We’ll just sleep tonight, and let’s talk about this some other days. We still have many days ahead, love. Don’t we?” He calmed Taehyun down.

“Sorry” Taehyun muttered.

Mino looked up at Taehyun's face, puzzled. Not knowing why he was apologising.

“Because I wasn’t able to give what you wanted”

“It’s okay, love. Like I said, we still have many days ahead. I know you’ll need time for all this, I know you very well. I was too abrupt, I didn’t think about your feelings.” Mino comforted Taehyun, his hair and placing his chin on his lover’s scalp. Taehyun felt really sorry that he couldn’t utter another word.

“Shall we just lie down on this bed and fall asleep?” Mino suggested. “I know it’s really small but yeah, we can fit in it right? I mean I’m not that big you know.”

Taehyun chuckled at Mino’s joke and his lover pulled him to the bed. They both lay down, still in each other’s embrace. As they face each other’s faces and their bodies wrapped tight against each other, they could feel their heartbeats.

No doubt, both of them needed each other in their lives. They made a mistake once and they were going to redeem themselves as they head on to a new direction in their relationship. That night, they promised that they will be by each other’s side through thick and thin while pursuing their dreams together. Who would have thought they’d both meet each other by chance like this when 4years ago, none of them showed any interest in being a singer back in their country?

Taehyun fell asleep in Mino’s embrace. Mino carefully Taehyun’s hair and pushed it back to see his beautiful face. That face he had missed and longed for every day and that figure he had always seen in his dream continuously every single night.

“Gramps, I found him” Mino whispered, wishing that he could take Taehyun back to Australia to meet his grandparents. His grandparents have been his strongest support besides Seunghoon.  They were the ones who have picked him up at his lowest point and helped him get over that phase in life. He didn’t want to leave them, but his grandparents told him that it’s okay to leave and chase his dreams.

While Mino was lost in his thoughts, the door of his room opened and he looked up in shock, but immediately calmed down after seeing Seunghoon standing at the door.

“How was it?” Seunghoon whispered carefully, fearing that Taehyun would wake up.

Mino simply gave the thumbs-up sign with his fingers and mouthed thank you to his buddy. Seunghoon nodded and smiled. He was so happy for his buddy and he figured that things must have worked out after seeing the two lovers embracing each other so tightly on that small single bed.

Although he had a lot of burning question for his best friend, he decided to keep it for another day, because that was what he needed to give them the most, their own personal space. Seunghoon closed the door behind him and headed towards his room.

On his way, he peeked into Jinwoo and Seungyoon’s room but their lights were already off and he could hear the sounds of snoring. He heaved a sigh of relief after seeing them both asleep because earlier on, he had convinced them not to enter Mino’s room as there was a serious discussion going on between the two lovers. He closed the door and headed to his room. Facing the camera, he cutely says goodnight to the viewers, like as if they could see him live.

Taehyun woke up from his sleep and found himself wrapped in Mino’s arms. He missed that warmth and scent for a very long time and it was really soothing to be in Mino’s embrace. Carefully, he lifted Mino’s arms and sat up. As much as he wanted to sleep with Mino that night, he knew he shouldn’t. The members are still around and it’s still too early for any of them to find out anything about the two of them.

He stood by Mino’s bed and watched as his lover sleeps. He missed that sight of him, so much that he couldn’t help smiling sheepishly to himself.

“H..Hyunnie ah where are you?” Mino suddenly started talking in his sleep, making Taehyun flinch. This was his first time hearing that, he never knew that Mino has been having nightmares.

“Hyunnie ah, you cannot do this to me. Don’t leave me alone. I have no one else but you. Hyunnie ah!!!” Mino tone was a little louder this time. Immediately, he recognised the familiar name he used to hear in the past. He knew who Mino was looking for in his sleep. He moved closer to Mino and placed his hands on Mino’s rapidly beating chest.

“Shhhh shhhh….. I’m here Mino ah. I’ll be here from now on.” Taehyun held Mino’s hand tightly. “You won’t lose me again this time. I promise I won’t run away.” he Mino’s chest, trying to calm the boy from his nightmare. “I’ll be here, with you.”

Mino’s face seemed a lot calmer now with his nightmare subsiding and Taehyun held on Mino’s hand a little longer before letting it go. He stood up and gave Mino a peck on his lips before heading out of the room to go back to his own room.

~~~~~~~~~

Morning came and Mino opened his eyes. He looked around for Taehyun but he was nowhere in sight, but he figured that Taehyun could have gotten up to wash up. Last night’s events were playing in his head and he felt really contented with how things are brightening up between the two of them.

He realised that he didn’t wake up in the middle of the night crying. He figured that he must have had Taehyun in his arms last night, that’s why he didn’t wake up crying form his horrible nightmare he had experienced for years.

He got up from his bed and headed to Taehyun’s room to say good morning to his lover. There, Taehyun who had just finished his shower was drying his hair and applying toner onto his face.

“Mmm, you smell good” Mino complimented as he walked closer to Taehyun and gave him a hug from the back.

“Had a good sleep?” Taehyun asked.

“Well, better than any other days. Because I fell asleep with you beside me”

“Shhh, keep it down, the camera might pick it up. Oh crap, the camera!” Taehyun exclaimed, and pushed Mino away. Mino fell to his and he looked at Taehyun with a puzzled look before bursting out laughing.

“Crap, I forgot about the camera. I turned off the one in my room but yours is still running.” Mino whispered to Taehyun, still holding his stomach and laughing.

Just then, the sound of a phone call stopped their laughter. Mino picked up his phone immediately after recognising the caller.

“Yes, okay. I’ll come down to the van now and bring him along.” Mino answered.

“Follow me, the PD wants to see us. He was asking what we both were doing in my room the whole night!” he informed Taehyun in a slightly panic tone.

 

 

 

Sorry for the late update dear folks! Thank you for waiting and commenting on this story, I can never thank you lovely folks enough. Keep it coming, I really love reading what you guys think about my story! <3