Prove it to me.

And then I met you, (again)

“We should really leave this place. Who knows what I’d do to you if we’re here any longer.” Mino joked, trying to pull Taehyun’s hands up.

“Hyung, why did you do that?” Taehyun spoke up, breaking the moment.

Mino who was fussing about leaving the room stopped, not letting go of Taehyun’s hand. He thought Taehyun was joking around like how they were before they kissed.

“Did what?” he asked, smirking at Taehyun.

“What you just did.” Taehyun responded with a serious look on his face.

Mino replied wittily. “Because I love you. Duh?”

“Don’t lie. You don’t…. anymore.”

Mino froze. That wasn’t what he expected from Taehyun, especially in their situation right now. “I do.” he repeated once more as he let go of Taehyun’s hand and walked away from where Taehyun was seated.

“Liar.” Taehyun replied again, still not convinced.

Mino stopped his steps and looked up. “What made you think so?” he asked, sounding more serious this time.

“I know so. You’re just gonna end up telling me that this is another big mistake and both of us are going to give each other a cold shoulder and this won’t get anywhere, especially when we are seeing each other every single day. Can you please stop hurting me? I can’t put my hopes up for this relationship anymore…” Taehyun choked his emotions as he ranted his heart out.

Mino exhaled hard. What Taehyun is saying is relatable to their situation right now. Every single word that comes out of his mouth has its truth to it. Mino feels angry at himself because he wished he could retort back and defend himself but he knows he couldn’t. He turned and looked at Taehyun who had his face lowered down in a crouched position. He was frustrated at himself for making Taehyun feel that way.

“I…I’m sorry” were the words that Mino could afford to utter to Taehyun. If a harsh punishment in this world exists, Mino would readily take that punishment just to prove to Taehyun how much he loved him now.

“I.. I know my apology seemed baseless and insincere but I really am. I love you. I really mean it. I have loved you four years ago and I still love you, today. After everything that has been going on between the two of us, I finally realised how much I need you in my life right now.” Mino confessed.

“I was wrong. I know I was wrong. I was a jerk. A cruel jerk.” he continued as he knelt down to the ground, not able to control his emotions.

“After I found you again, I had taken you for granted. I never knew how precious you were to me until recently. I admit that I had wished I never met you again, but now I’m taking it all back.” Mino started sobbing.

“Now, I wished I had met you again much earlier.”

Taehyun who had been silent for a while looked up. Mino was kneeling on the ground and looking down to the floor. He felt a lump in his throat when he saw Mino in that situation. He had never seen Mino cry like that in his entire life.

Taehyun didn’t know what to do. He became weak seeing Mino like that and he wanted to run straight to Mino and hug him but he stopped himself.

‘Maybe he’s telling the truth about his feelings right now…’ Taehyun convinced himself.

He had been hurt many times by Mino. Taehyun was the happiest person when he finally found Mino again. The thought of living together with him and seeing him every single day from then on made him excited. All these while he had wanted to tell Mino what happened while they were separated for years and tell him what he went through after he was forced to return to Seoul without Mino. He had been waiting every single day for a good chance to finally talk and catch up with Mino like good old times.

He knew it will never be easy after he saw the change in Mino but he still tried his best to start a conversation with Mino. Deep in his heart, he still loved Mino but he could easily tell that Mino had changed. Throughout Mino’s stay in the dorm, there isn’t a single day Taehyun don’t get hurt by Mino’s words or actions. Mino would either say hurtful things to him or he’ll deliberately get intimate with Seunghoon in front of Taehyun.

Taehyun looked at Mino who was still sobbing, both of them not uttering a word. As much as he wanted to accept Mino’s feelings, he couldn’t just yet. He didn’t want to get hurt again because he hated the feeling of getting hurt. He was hurt almost every single time Mino talks to him and he promised himself he would never let Mino play with his feelings again. It was enough that his parents had hurt him with their favouritism all these years. He didn’t need Mino to do the same.

“H…Hyung…” Taehyun finally called out to Mino who was crouched on the ground. Mino looked up and stared earnestly into Taehyun’s eyes.

“Prove it to me then.” “… That you love me” he continued, drawing a smile on both of their faces.

Mino looked deep into Taehyun’s eyes, feeling his sincerity even though the two of them were of quite a distance from each other.

“I promise.” Mino uttered, as he wiped his tears with his oversized tee. “This will be the best decision you’ve ever made.” He promised Taehyun who looked up and smiled at him.

Mino went up and walked towards Taehyun. “Thank you.” he said sincerely, as he put his hand out to pull Taehyun up. “I’ll do better from now on.” he continued.

Taehyun looked up and smiled. “Me too.”

“Shall we go?” Mino asked as Taehyun still hasn’t taken the hand Mino offered.

“Let’s stay here a little longer.” Taehyun muttered.

“But I’m kinda hungry.” Mino replied honestly as he rubbed his stomach with his other hand.

Taehyun smiled. If there is one thing he adored about Mino, it is his honesty when it comes to food, He never lies whenever he’s hungry.

“Let’s go then.” Taehyun took Mino’s hand and sprung up.

The two walked towards the door hand in hand, still feeling the emotions about what just happened during that short period in the dark store room.

“Hyung.” Taehyun stopped, making Mino stop as well.

“Mmmh?” Mino looked at Taehyun.

Taehyun hugged Mino tight to express his emotions he had been holding back all these while. Mino returned the hug and brushed his fingers through Taehyun’s hair. The lovers stayed in their hug for a while as they felt each other’s heartbeat and embraced themselves in each other’s arms.

“I want you to know that I love you no matter what. Even if I don’t show it to you, okay?” Mino whispered in Taehyun’s ears.

Taehyun pulled away with a perplexed look on his face. “Are you going to hurt me again?” he asked.

“No!” Mino answered quickly, surprised at Taehyun’s sudden question. “Because you know there are cameras around…. And I don’t want us to get caught. So let’s hang on to each other’s promises in the mean time?” he continued.

Taehyun’s face loosens up after he remembered they had cameras following them around. “Okay hyung. I’ll trust you and I’ll just follow you from now on.”

Mino gave Taehyun a quick peck on his lips and held Taehyun’s hand again as they walked towards the door. The two lovers don’t have to express themselves using words because they understand each other more than anyone else in this world.

Both of them reached the cafeteria where the members are still eating their lunch. Seungyoon who was worried about the two of them asked if they were okay. The two of them nodded and went to take their plates for their meal.

“Are you sure you two are okay?” Seungyoon asked again when they have settled down with their food.

“Yes, don’t worry. I’m sorry for walking out on you guys just now. I know it wasn’t a nice thing to do, especially with the cameras around.” “…And hyung for making you look like a bad leader” Taehyun apologised, looking at the members.

“Apologise to the cameraman as well. They were also worried about you two.” Seungyoon adviced.

“Yes, hyung.” Taehyun answered.

“But are you two really okay? You guys looked like you two cried.” Seungyoon asked, still concerned.

“Don’t worry, we are fine. We just got a little emotional and stuff. We’re good.” Mino assured as he showed the thumbs up sign with his fingers.

“Mino yah, are you sure you’re okay?” Seunghoon asked again, even though Seungyoon had asked earlier, totally concerned about his best friend.

“Yes I am hyung. Continue eating.” Mino gestured to his hyung who had been worried ever since Mino left to talk to Taehyun.

The members finished eating and returned to the practice room. Taehyun went over to the camera staffs and bowed at them feeling really apologetic about what happened earlier. All five of them gathered once again in front of the laptop, reviewing the ‘problematic’ song that had caused the tiff to happen between Mino and Taehyun earlier on.

“So I’ve thought about what Seungyoon said earlier about the beats. Shall we try adding in beat number 7 between the first and second song?” Mino started the song review “And… Beat 15 in between the second and third song? Let’s have a try at that.”

Taehyun who’s in charge of the editing the song added in the said beat and let the members listen to the preview. “Like this?” he asked.

“Yes. That sounds better Taehyunnie!” Mino, who got too excited, said with a happy expression on his face.

“Taehyunnie?” Seunghoon teased. “Yaaaaah since when you addressed him like that? Now I’m curious to know what happened in the store room earlier on” he continued, making everyone laugh.

“Ah hyung!” Mino who got embarrassed gave Seunghoon a slight punch on his shoulder.

Practice for that day ended at 2am and Mino couldn’t be any happier. He was chirping on his way back, making the members look at him, wondering what was it that made their leader so happy at 2am.

The boys reached the dorms and as usual, Seungyoon and Jinwoo started washing up first, occupying the two bathrooms in their dorms. Seunghoon, Mino and Taehyun waited in the living room for their turn. While waiting, Mino sat with Seunghoon who was busy complaining to him about his aunt who kept calling him all day and crying because she fought with her boyfriend.

“… I mean like, what am I supposed to do?” Seungyoon chuckled. “Buy a plane ticket and fly back there? It’s not like I’m having fun here, I’m working hard to become a celebrity. Aigoooo Mino ya what should I do what should I do?” he continued rambling at Mino who wasn’t even paying attention at all.

Mino who was by Seunghoon’s side was busy watching over his lover who is busy texting and playing with his phone. ‘Who is this boy texting?’ ‘His parents? That team B guy?’ he couldn’t help but to wonder.

Mino was about to get up and sit beside Taehyun to see who he was texting when he felt Seunghoon pulling him back down. “Yah Mino I’m not done talking” Seunghoon exclaimed.  “Ah sorry hyung I wanted to get the remote control.” Mino lied as he pointed to the table.

The toilet door opened just as Mino was about to take the remote control. “I’m done!” Jinwoo shouted. “Who’s going in next?”

“Me! Mino let’s go!” Seunghoon shouted as he grabbed both of their towels.

Mino stopped his movements and turned around. He turned and saw Taehyun’s glaring expression. “Should I join hyung again?” Mino asked himself. “But I’ve never rejected his requests before, will he suspect anything?” “Taehyun should understand right?” “No, I shouldn’t. Taehyun might get the wrong idea.” he conflicted himself.

“Mino yah, quick!! It’s getting late!” Seunghoon called out once again, distracting Mino from his thoughts.

“Yes, hyung!” 

 

 

Another update! :) Do comment and tell me what you think dear folks!