You belong to me.

And then I met you, (again)

Just like any other days, the boys made their way from the dorm to their practice room. They greeted the cameraman who was already waiting for them at the lobby of their house.

“Good morning” the boys greeted the crew.

Filming started early morning and the boys have gotten used to this regime. After all, they know that one of the groups will have a chance to debut so they are getting more excited about appearing on television often.

Unlike any other days, Mino who was always walking in front slowed down his steps and waited for Taehyun to walk together. Taehyun walked quickly towards Mino and left Jinwoo behind after noticing that Mino was waiting for him.

The camera crew caught up with them and filmed Taehyun who was happily chatting with Mino. “You guys made up after what happened yesterday?” the camera crew’s sudden question caught them by surprise.

“Y…yes, kind of” Taehyun muttered.

“What do you mean kind of? Well, anything in particular happened?” the camera crew poked again with a direct question, hoping to get a big catch.

“Well,…” Mino interrupted after he noticed Taehyun’s nervous look. “As you can see, we can get along if we want to. Before this we have never really talked so we never knew what kind of similarities we both have. Now that we have had the opportunity to talk yesterday, we found that we have a lot in common. Hence, the vast difference today.” he continued, raising his eyebrows. “and nope, nothing in particular happened. We just talked.” Mino clarified once again.

The camera crew nodded, looking disappointed. He was hoping to get some sensational stories about the two. Since that incident, the camera crew have been talking about the incident, constantly keeping an eye on those two. From the start, they have always kept an eye on Taehyun because he looked really feminine. They thought that Taehyun might actually be gay due to his feminine looks and his diva-ish aura. Knowing that Mino and Taehyun had a talk in the dark store room, they suspected that something must have happened during that talk, making them look even much more closer than they were previously.

Mino side-eyed the camera crew watching them walk to the front towards Seunghoon and Seungyoon. He looked at Taehyun who looked a little nervous. “You okay?” he asked.

Taehyun nodded. “Don’t let them take over you. The media is always like that. The more you look nervous, the more they will keep prompting direct questions to you.” He explained.

“B…but I don’t want them to know. I’m scared I might blurt everything out, and hurt you,… us….” Taehyun muttered softly.

“You don’t have to babe. Really. I’ll be here with you all the time. Leave all the questions to me. Don’t answer if you are uncertain, don’t talk if you’re unsure, okay?” Mino assured Taehyun, drawing a smile on his face. “Do you trust me?” he asked.

“Yes, I do.” Taehyun answered.

“Then we’ll be fine. I’ll protect you.” Mino hung his arms around Taehyun’s shoulders. Taehyun was shocked and looked at Mino, trying to pull his hand away fearing they’d catch the camera crew’s attention.

“Don’t worry Taehyun ah. Buddies do this all the time. Haven’t you seen me and Hoon hyung walking around like this? Even in front of the camera?” he assured Taehyun again.

Taehyun looked up at Mino. “Thank you, hyung”

He’s still the same delicate precious boy’ Mino thought. “I’ll protect you” he whispered, bringing Taehyun even closer to him and he tightens the grip on his shoulders.

Practice started as soon as they arrived and before they realised it, it was already noon. The boys made their way to the ever-so-famous cafeteria and queued up for lunch. Awhile later, the Team B members came out to have their lunch as well. The members, including Taehyun, were chatting and laughing when they heard a familiar voice calling him from a far.

“Hyuuuuuuung~” Yunhyeong called out, running towards Taehyun. Taehyun who was chatting with the members turned and ran over to the Team B member, embracing into a hug in the middle of the cafeteria.

“Yah you two looked like you guys live miles away from each other. You guys are just next door” one of the members teased, making everyone else laugh in agreement.

Taehyun who was glad to meet Yunhyeong didn’t even realise that Mino was watching him from afar. He naturally just ran over to Yunhyeong and caught up on old times. After all, the only times they could sit down and catch up on their lives is only during their lunch time.

Taehyun happily grabbed a seat beside Yunhyeong and continued talking despite Mino glaring at him. Of course, he was too busy catching up with his buddy to even notice Mino glaring at him. Disappointed, Mino continued eating with the members while secretly stealing glances to watch Taehyun.

“Are they that close?” Mino suddenly asked. He didn’t know how many times he had asked that question, but he was really just curious to know how close they are.

Seungyoon chuckled. “They are damn close”

“Closer than me and Hoonie hyung?” he asked again, clarifying the situation.

“Hmmm” Seungyoon scratched his head. “I guess?”

Mino frowned. He thought Taehyun was just close with that boy but if their closeness is about the same level as Mino and Seunghoon, that’s another different story. The image of Taehyun kissing that boy suddenly played in his head, reminding him of the rooftop incident.

He sighed and looked down while gobbling up his food, not saying a word after that. After eating, the boys except Taehyun, made their way back to the practice room to rest and prepare for their next practice. Taehyun was still eating and chatting with Yunhyeong, knowing he still had about an hour left.

The boys sat around like how they usually do. “Taehyun’s still with that guy?” Mino asked, looking around.

“Hmm, yeah I guess.” Jinwoo answered. “Why are you suddenly so concerned about our maknae today Mino yah? I mean this morning you guys were even-“ Jinwoo couldn’t continue after he noticed Mino giving him the deathly glare.

“Wait what? What did you guys do this morning?” Seunghoon asked, turning his body to face Mino.

“Nah, just talking and stuff. Hyung, stop making things up” Mino clarified, referring to Jinwoo. “We didn’t do anything!”

Just then, Taehyun entered the room and Mino looked. “Done talking to your friend?” he asked in a sarcastic tone. Taehyun who didn’t understand the situation nodded.

“Kyaaa, you guys are really unseparable huh” Seunghoon teased.

Mino glared at Taehyun and went silent. He lay down on the floor and covered his face with his arms. “I’m going to sleep. Wake me up when lunch break is over” he requested.

He never slept during lunch breaks before. Most of the time, he would be the only one who would stay awake and work on his recordings in the studio while the other members take a short nap before their next schedule.

The other members, except Seunghoon, didn’t notice of his odd behaviour. He knows his best friend well. Mino seemed a little distracted ever since yesterday and Mino taking a nap is a sign that something is bothering him. Now that he thought about it, he hasn’t really talked to Mino after the incident yesterday.

An hour passed and the members had to get ready for practice. Mino woke up from his short nap, still distracted from his own thoughts. He was jealous, for sure. At the same time, frustrated as well because he didn’t know the exact relationship between Taehyun and Yunhyeong. He wondered if he was overthinking as usual but he was conflicted at the same time. He had thought of confronting Taehyun but he might go overboard if he does that.

“Afterall, Taehyun had already accepted my feelings so there shouldn’t be anything between him and Yunhyeong.” Mino thought, but he still couldn’t deny the fact that he was jealous seeing the two so close together. He is selfish when it comes to anything that belongs to him. He want’s Taehyun just for himself. He wants Taehyun’s smile just for himself. He wants Taehyun’s laughter just for himself, not for anyone else.

The boys positioned themselves as they were getting ready for their dance practice. They had to memorise a cdance step by that night because they only had one week before their next evaluation. The boys danced the choreographed dance by Seunghoon and he pointed out their mistakes. However, one person in particular looked really distracted today, and that person is Mino.

“Leader-nim, you’re getting your steps wrong… again.” Seunghoon pointed out.

“Ah, sorry, I’ll try again” Mino repeated again. This has been the umpteenth time Seunghoon had pointed out about Mino’s mistakes. He was the only one who got pointed out so much by Seunghoon that day.

Seunghoon glanced at the clock. “It’s been three hours since we practiced. Should we take quick a break?” he suggested. The members nodded. He walked over towards Mino and nudged him slightly. “Let’s talk for a while” he whispered.

The two boys went out of the practice room, making sure that the camera didn’t follow them out.

“Mino yah, what happened yesterday exactly? Your performance today is... not so good you know? I mean, you were fine during vocal lesson this morning though…” Seunghoon asked slowly.

“I know. This afternoon I’m a little…” Mino admitted.

“Distracted” Seunghoon continued for him. “It’s because of Taehyun right? I can see that you guys got closer since yesterday but hey buddy, your attitude changed so much after lunch time.” he asked. “What happened in the store room exactly?” he asked again before Mino even had the chance to answer.

Mino looked up, he knows is best friend had suspected something going on. Till now, he’s still so amazed how Seunghoon could read him so effortlessly and accurately.

“Hyung…” he started. “There’s so much I need to tell you”

“Yes, Mino yah. You need to. You’re our leader, you can’t keep getting distracted” Seunghoon explained. “Do you want to tell me anything first so you can focus?”

“My…. My heart hurts. I don’t know this feeling” Mino confessed.

“How much does it hurt? Is Taehyun the reason why?” Seunghoon was on point again.

“Mmmm” Mino nodded. “Hyung, I think I’ll tell when we get back home later on”

Seunghoon patted Mino’s shoulders and asked if he was okay to continue practice. Mino nodded and the two returned to the room. Mino felt a little better after talking to his hyung, even just for abit. He cleared his mind and tried to focus on practice for the rest of the day.

Taehyun approached Mino and handed him a bottle of water. Mino rejected it and walked away coldly to his position. “Let’s start” he announced. Taehyun raised his eyebrows, starting to notice the change in Mino’s actions but he didn’t think much. ‘He’s probably too tired to talk’ he thought.

Practice went on for a couple of hours and Mino was a little better this time. He still messed up a couple of times but he was slowly getting his flow and concentration. There were times where the members needed to work with each other for certain dance steps but Mino looked a little awkward when interacting with Taehyun.

It was already 1.15 am, they finally ended their practice for the day. The boys managed to completely memorise the dance steps they had to for the day and they headed back to their dorm. On their way back, Mino completely ignored Taehyun who walked beside him. They were too tired to talk to each other so they just walked back silently.

Mino went straight into his room the moment they reached home. Seungyoon and Jinwoo went to bathe first, leaving Seunghoon and Taehyun in the living room.

“He looks tired” Taehyun muttered to Seunghoon. Seunghoon looked up. “I mean Mino” Taehyun clarified.

“Hm yeah, seems like it.” Seunghoon replied, standing up to head to Mino’s room suddenly remembering that he had to talk to him,

“You’re going to talk to him?” Taehyun asked.

“Yup. I’ve got something to ask him” Seunghoon turned his head to answer Taehyun.

Taehyun nodded. He wondered why Mino was suddenly so down. He was just fine this morning goofing around and laughing with him. He lay down on the couch and thought for a while and then stood up immediately because he couldn’t help wondering what they would talk about in the room.

In the room, Seunghoon had grabbed a seat and sat beside Mino who was reading his comic book. “Yah, what’s wrong with you today?” Seunghoon asked.

Mino sighed, putting his book away. “Am I even supposed to be reading a book in this situation, hyung?” he asked, not expecting an answer.

“Well, it would totally help if you tell me why you were so cranky today? So tell me, what’s with you and Taehyun?” Seunghoon asked.

Mino nodded. He took a deep breath, wanting to tell his best friend everything today until he noticed the camera. “Hyung” he whispered, moving his face closer to Seunghoon.

“What what?” Seunghoon whispered back, sensing that Mino was going to tell him something very private.

“Take the battery out from the camera. I might get misunderstood after this” Mino chuckled.

Seunghoon who remembered they were being filmed jolted up and went over to the camera to take the batteries out. “How are you going to answer them then?”

“Well, I can just tell them I needed to talk… Personal stuff” Mino answered.

“What is it exactly, since it sounded really personal.” Seunghoon asked. “So what is it about him?” he asked again, making his way back to the chair with the batteries in his hands.

“Taehyunnie right?” Seunghoon confirmed. Mino nodded. “Okay tell me, what happened yesterday?” he asked.

Mino sighed again. He wanted to tell his bestfriend everything but at the same time he didn’t want to tell him anything. He sighed again, even louder this time.

“Can you please stop sighing and tell me what happened?” Seunghoon asked, impatient.

“Hyung, I… I think I’m feeling a little jealous right now” Mino confessed. “I don’t know, I… I’ve never felt this way before in my entire life.”

“Jealous?” Seunghoon repeated. “Jealous as in jealous?” he repeated again. “Wait what? Why?” he let out a laugh.

“Hyung, it’s not funny” Mino replied, stern.

“Okay sorry. Why?” Seunghoon asked. “I mean, I don’t get your source of jealousy. I mean there isn’t.. Oh wait wait wait. Taehyunnie?” he remembered.

“Shhh hyung not so loud!” Mino shushed Seunghoon.

 “Taehyunnie and that Team B guy? Now that I think about it, you were okay until lunch time” Seunghoon whispered.

“Do you by any chance…. Have feelings for Taehyunnie?” Seunghoon asked.

Mino looked up. He knows his hyung would figure it out because there is no one else in the world that has really accurate senses besides Seunghoon. He nodded without looking at Seunghoon.

“Hmmm” Seunghoon smirked, looking calm as ever.

“I’m surprised that you’re not surprised, hyung” Mino replied sarcastically.

“I am, but I figured it out a couple of seconds ago, hence my reaction”

“What did you guys do exactly in that room yesterday?” Seunghoon asked, crossing his legs.

“Well, we kissed” Mino confessed.

“ALREADY?” Seunghoon exclaimed. “Wait wait wait. WHY?” he raised his voice and then covering his mouth after he realised that he was too loud. “Yah Mino you really are something. So you confessed to him yesterday and kissed him? No wait, how long have you liked him? Since we entered YG?” Seunghoon couldn’t help but to ask the string of questions out loud to Mino.

“Four years ago….. Since four years ago.” Mino confessed.

“Four years… four… wait what four years?” Seunghoon raised his voice. “Don’t tell me…..” he muttered. “don’t tell me… ayyy its impossible. Ayyyy” he continued, hoping what he had thought isn’t true.

“Hyunnie.” Mino answered, clearing Seunghoon’s suspicions away.

“YAH” Seunghoon shouted, jolting up from his seat, unable to comprehend the truth. “YAH SONG MINO” he shouted again.

“Sorry hyung. It’s about time I tell you…” Mino looked up at his flustered hyung. “Initially, I didn’t want to make things complicated. I thought I could move on and forget about him. But living in the same house and seeing him every single day makes it impossible. I always get reminded of how much I love him and I realise how much I still yearn for his love in return.”

Seunghoon brushed his hair and looked at Mino.

“Sorry hyung, I’m really sorry” Mino repeated. His eyes followed his best friend who was pacing back and forth around his room, still unable to comprehend the entire situation.

“So you saw those two like that this afternoon, Is that why you screwed up practice today?” Seunghoon asked an unexpected question. Mino was taken aback at Seunghoon’s sudden question, making his stand up to his feet.

“Hyung, it’s not like that… I never meant to mix my personal life with work. I am completely professional, it’s just that today.. I was a  little..” Mino explained.

“Out of hand?” Seunghoon asked. He turned and looked at Mino who looked extremely guilty because of his selfish act. “Don’t get me wrong, I am completely fine with you falling in love with a band mate and whatsnots, but you hindered the entire team today, did you realise that? The members may not say anything or they probably didn’t realise it but you really today” Seunghoon told him frankly.

Mino looked down, feeling guilty as ever. “Really, I appreciate that you are telling me this because I am your best friend, but can you please be professional? You are our leader yah” Seunghoon explained. “Don’t get me wrong,  I’m sorry I raised my voice a little because I was really shocked. I was really really shocked. You must have had your reasons for not telling me that Taehyun was the one you were talking about all these while, and I really respect that. But can you do better after this? I mean as the leader of Team A?”

Mino looked at his hyung who looked much calmer now. He was thankful that Seunghoon was a very admirable and understanding friend whom he could always count on. He knows that Seunghoon wouldn’t have an issue about him and Taehyun but he realised that he had been selfish the entire day.

Seunghoon grabbed Mino’s shoulders gently with both his hands. “Mino yah, I don’t think that I am the right person you should talk to right now. You should talk to him about today” Seunghoon whispered to his bestfriend.

“Sorry hyung” Mino said in an apologetic tone.

“You don’t have to. I am really okay. It’s you who is not okay. I’ll talk to you again on another day about this, now go and talk to him. I’ll call him over.” Seunghoon patted Mino’s shoulders before heading out towards the door.

“Thanks hyung. There is no one like you in this world” Mino muttered. “I know” Seunghoon smiled as he opened the door.

Taehyun who was staring at Mino’s room looked up when he saw the door open. “Hoon hyung…” he called out. “I.. Is Mino okay?” he asked.

“Go in, he’s got something he needs to say to you” Seunghoon smiled as he held the door for Taehyun.

“Me?” he asked.

“Yes, go on in.” Seunghoon smiled. “It’s gonna be a long night tonight” 

 

Hey there folks! Sorry for the little delay in this chapter, I've been getting distracted whenever i try to write. Hope it didnt turn out too bad this time. Tell me what you think folks! <3