Assured.

And then I met you, (again)

“Mino, calm down!” Seunghoon ran after Mino who had ran out of the waiting room into the narrow corridor. “Slow down, buddy.”

“No I can’t calm down. Those guys have taken him away. They took him away.” Mino repeated himself, abruptly stopping his steps as he panted heavily when Seunghoon had gotten a hold of his best friend’s arm.

“How are you so sure? For all you know, he’s in the toilet, unaffected at all.” Seunghoon reassured.

“No, hyung, it’s because of me. Four years ago, it was me. This time, it’s me again.” Mino leaned against the wall in despair. “I don’t want to lose him again, hyung. I love him so much and I can’t let him go for the second time. I don’t know how I’m going to live like this, hyung.”

Seunghoon could only look at his best friend as Mino breaks down on the floor, trembling. It was a familiar sight he had seen four years ago. The sight he knew too well, when Mino still could not accept the fact that he had lost Taehyun, forever.

“Mino ya… You need to breathe, if not, you’ll collapse again. You can’t have panic attacks, especially now. The media are outside.” Seunghoon reminded Mino, sounding really worried. “He will come by soon. The security are guarding us, I’m sure he is safe.”

Mino pounded his fists strongly against his chest. He felt the familiar pain stinging through his heart again, the feeling of desperation and loss. His empty mind flashed all the moments he spent with Taehyun together during the short time they spent ever since they met each other again in the company – the cold war that he had started first, the kisses he initiated, the tears they shed together in private, the back rubs he loved giving to Taehyun, the conversations they finally get to have after four years, sleeping and waking up to each other in bed and other unforgettable moments which vividly remains in his memory.

His tears fell rapidly onto his cheeks as he recalled the good and the bad memories they had spent together. He wanted to run away from reality, hoping to wake up from this painful dream. What is life without Taehyun anymore?

“Mino, Seunghoon?” a staff member called them out from the end of the corridor. “What are you guys doing there?”

“L…. Looking for Taehyun!” Seunghoon responded, hoping that the staff doesn’t come close and realise that Mino was breaking down on the floor.

“Come back here, the security is looking for him already. Don’t scatter around, you might pick up the media’s attention!”

“Okay we will be there soon! I need to go to the washroom!” Seunghoon lied. “Mino, get up. Let’s wash your face. You heard them, they will look for Taehyun.”

Mino looked up at Seunghoon with hope in his eyes. He had feared for the worse but he was hoping that a miracle would come their way at that point in time. Seunghoon held his hand out for Mino and Mino reached out to grab it as he stands up on is feet. “Let’s pray for the best, okay?” Seunghoon assured Mino as he guided him to the wash room.

Mino’s legs were weak and he could not walk properly. They slowly walked towards the toilet with Seunghoon holding on to Mino, supporting his best friend who could not walk properly. Trotting along as he balances his weight onto Seunghoon, Mino suddenly lost his focus and tripped over the wires that were set up back stage in the dark narrow corridor.

“Yah, Mino!” Seunghoon panicked, seeing his best friend on the floor. He hurriedly squatted and aided Mino who was holding onto his ankle. He felt a sharp pain on his ankle but it was too dark and they could not see if there were any injuries on his ankle.

“Get on my back, we’ll get first aid.” Seunghoon carried his best friend on his back and rushed to the waiting room where all the members and the other trainees were gathered.

“Ow” Mino grumbled in pain.

“Mino, what happened!!!” The room became chaotic after seeing Mino coming in being carried by Seunghoon. “Are you okay?” Everyone started gathering.

“First aid!” Seunghoon called out. “He needs first aid, I think he twisted his ankle!” Seunghoon put Mino down onto the couch and examined his feet, noticing a slight bruise on his ankles. “He needs ice, someone, please!” he commanded again in desperation. Seunghoon had a little knowledge on first aid, and he was urgent to get care for Mino so that it does not get worse.

The first aid staffs came shortly after Seunghoon kept shouting for assistance and they attended to Mino who was lying on the couch with his arms covering his eyes. He was crying in pain, both physically and mentally. The injury on his ankle was painful, but the scar on his heart was even more painful. He needs to see Taehyun, he can’t let him go again.

“Taehyun?” Seungyoon suddenly exclaimed when he saw Taehyun walking into the backstage room with a couple of guards around him, directing everyone’s attention to the direction of the door.

Mino immediately looked up towards the door in shock at the sudden commotion. Despite the pain, he immediately got up and without realising, he had tried to run towards Taehyun who was swarmed by the staffs and the trainees, asking where he went.

“Where did you go?” “Were you hurt?” “Are you okay?” the room was filled with these questions by the fellow team mates, trainees and staffs in the room who were curious about Taehyun’s whereabouts. Taehyun simply smiled, obviously hiding something from them. Being missing for a while wasn’t really a big deal but coming in with fours security guards by his side was definitely a big deal.

“Mino, get up.” Seunghoon held Mino by his arms. Mino did not even realise that he was on the floor, his feet unable to move because of his throbbing ankles. “She’s half-way bandaging your legs.” Seunghoon pointed to the first aid staff who was in the middle of caring for Mino’s injured ankle.

“Hyung, what happened to you?” Taehyun ran over to Mino when he saw Seunghoon trying to carry him up to the couch. Together with Seunghoon, he helped carry Mino back onto the couch to continue his treatment for his now swollen ankle.

Mino was still in a daze, his mind was floating between a dream and a reality. “Taehyun, where did you go?” Mino’s eyes welled up, urgently pulling the smaller figure into his arms tight, not wanting to let go of Taehyun. “I thought you left me.” Mino sobbed quietly.

“Hyung, everyone is watching us.” Taehyun tried to push Mino away from him, realising they were attracting too much attention but Mino did not want to let go just yet. His hug tightened around Taehyun, his back gently. “I really thought you left.”

“Sorry.” Taehyun could only utter a simple ‘Sorry’ at that moment. There were too many eyes watching them that he could not say exactly what he wants to say.

“Trainees, your president is done with his interview.” A staff came into the waiting room and announced to the trainees. “Gather your things, we’re heading back to the training centre.”

The trainees began to pack their things as they chatted busily, forgetting about the little incident that had happened earlier on. Taehyun did not plan to let the others know where he went anyway, so he tried not to get into a conversation with the staffs and the other trainees. Just as the other team was leaving the room, Yunhyeong came up running to Taehyun.

“Hyung, where did you go?” he held Taehyun’s hands. “We were all worried about you.”

“Uh, I…” Taehyun hesitated. Yunhyeong was his closest trainee friend and they have went through so much together ever since they entered the trainee life almost at the same time. This was a personal matter and he had vowed to let only s know about this. Even though they have been friends for so long, this was something he didn’t want to disclose to the others, no matter how close they were.

“I went to change my shoe.” Taehyun lied, hoping that Yunhyeong would buy his lie. “It was uncomfortable.”

“Ah, really?” Yunhyeong innocently asked. “Next time let anyone of us know, okay? We were all looking around for you.”

“Yes, I will” Taehyun patted his close friend’s shoulders. “Go ahead, your team has left already.”

While running to catch his group members, Yunhyeong suddenly turned back and called out to Taehyun who was aiding Mino to get up from the couch.

“Mm, Yunhyeong ah?”

“I love you!” the team B member made a heart shape with his arms before turning back and running away, earning laughs from the Team A members who were the only ones left in the room.

“I love you too!” Taehyun mumbled, he knew Yunhyeong couldn’t hear it anyway.

“I heard you.” Mino suddenly interrupted, pinching Taehyun’s cheeks. “But I love you more than he does, you know?”

Taehyun slapped Mino’s hands away from his cheeks. The other members smiled widely at the lovers’ cute interaction. They were worried for nothing, in the end everyone was still fine.

“Tae ah, where did you go? Tell us honestly.” Seungyoon asked in a very concerned tone while taking Mino’s bag from the couch. He looked around the room to make sure that there was no one else in the room except for the five of them.

“Those guys, they’re here.” Taehyun whispered.

“Who? You mean your dad is here?” Seunghoon covered his mouth.

“I don’t know about him, but I know for sure that his men are here.”

“What happened, exactly? Did they do anything to you?” Jinwoo asked calmly.

“When we were on stage, they-”

“Team A, hurry up! You guys still have your schedules after this!” a staff member called out.

“I’ll continue later, hyung. We need to hurry.” Taehyun grabbed his bag and hurriedly walked out with the other members, carrying Mino on his shoulders together with Seunghoon.

In the van, the members took their seats, leaving the outmost seat for Mino whose feet was injured. One of the security guys approached the van before it moved off. “Team A, everyone okay?” he asked.

“Except for one injured member, we’re good to go!” Seungyoon answered.

“You guys will report to the headquarters instead of the training centre. I don’t know if you guys know what happened today, but the president wants to see all five of you. Especially Taehyun. Proceed to the president’s room straight when you reach, our van will be following you from behind.” The security guard explained.

The situation seemed much more serious than they thought it would be. Judging from the guard’s actions and words, something big must have happened earlier on and the members were dying to know.

“Did something serious happen just now? Since we’re being called to the president’s room, I think it involves us too?” Seunghoon turned around to ask Taehyun who was sitting at the back seat with Seungyoon and Jinwoo.

“I think it will involve everyone now.” Taehyun muttered sadly. “Some of the security members and staffs knew about it already.”

“How?” the members were shocked. Whoever was messing around with them was really going too far. What are they planning to do to them?

“The thing is, they called me this morning when we were doing our make-up and stuff, saying that they will do something if I turn up for the press conference. But isn’t it weird, how did he get my number in the first place? I texted my aunt but she said that no one called her to get my number, not even my parents. At first I was suspicious as to how they got my number because the other time, my dad talked to me via the company’s phone.” Taehyun began to recount the incident.

“I didn’t know what to do, because everyone was together, including the staffs, camera crew and the other team.  Everyone will get suspicious if I dragged one of you away. So I went out and look for Jjun hyung, the security guard that has been protecting us all these while. In that split second, I decided that I was going to share this with him instead of getting risked as the scapegoat for them. I was so scared that I could not bring myself to tell him about the situation properly, I really don’t know what they wanted.” Taehyun was already getting teary as he continues to share it with his older members.

“Just like how I was curious, Jjun hyung was curious too as to how they had gotten my number. He immediately called the main hotline and asked if there was anyone who had called earlier on for my number. And sure enough, there was. Someone posed as my aunt who was my guardian and said that she lost my number and she needed to contact me. I guess that was how they got my number.”

“Aren’t they supposed to verify your aunt’s details first before they can reveal your number? If it’s like that, anyone can pose as your guardian and get your number.”

“I think it was my parents who called, since they know my aunt’s details and stuff.” Taehyun explained.

“Afterwards, the calls kept coming in but Jjun hyung kept my phone with him until we went up stage. While on stage, I saw a familiar face. He was the only American amongst the other reporters so he stood out a lot. I recognised him at first sight and I was in a hurry to get the whole photo taking done and over with. I was afraid that he might do the unthinkable so I needed to quickly inform Jjun hyung.

The members gaped. This wasn’t a part of a drama series or a blockbuster film, this was happening right before them and it was putting them all of them at risk, not just Taehyun. They were getting the chills and goose bumps at the thought of standing in a hall together with someone who has been eyeing to prey on them all these while.

“Gosh, my hairs are standing.” Seunghoon rubbed his arms. The other members were expressing their chills too, unbelievable that this was really happening to them.

“I quickly went down and ran to Jjun hyung, informing him of this situation. He told me not to go back to the waiting room and follow him while he gave orders to the other securities who were guarding the other areas in the hall. Apparently, the suspicious guy had tried to follow me into the waiting room but was stopped, no matter how much he convinced them that he’s got exclusive backstage interview passes as well. There, he was investigated and it turns out that he faked his reporter’s pass. That was how he got into the hall.” Taehyun concluded the series of events that unfolded right before him that day.

“So are we safe now?” Jinwoo asked.

“Not quite. The police has gotten him and I guess he’s being investigated thoroughly. He’s just the spy, my dad is the real criminal here. He’s the one who needs to get caught.” Taehyun sighed. “On a brighter side, we’ve got securities all over us now.”

The other members were still feeling the chills from Taehyun’s sensational story. They were shocked but relieved at the same time, hoping that the situation would not get any more serious than this. Mino extended his hands to hold Taehyun’s hand, expressing his huge relief that the man he loved was still right in front of him.

“Anyway Mino, what happened to you?” Seungyoon finally got the chance to ask. They were too busy in the waiting room to talk to Mino.

“Just a slight fall, nothing serious.” Mino explained, covering the fact that he was worried sick about Taehyun that he could not even stand properly and ended up tripping over the wires backstage.

“Will you need to visit the doctor?” Jinwoo asked.

“For now, no I guess. She said it will heal in a couple of days, but if it gets worse then I should go.”

The members earnestly prayed and wished that the group will be filled with happier days ahead, with no more setbacks and bad things happening to them. They were glad that everyone is still together in one piece, just like how they have always been.

When they arrived at the headquarters, they immediately took the lift to the highest floor, the president’s office. In the president’s office, the boys sat on the couch, waiting for the president to arrive.

“Remember our first time as five members sitting here?” Seungyoon reminisced.

“Still feels like yesterday though.” Seunghoon commented, vividly remembering feeling jittery all over his body as he enters the president’s office for the first time.

“You guys were so noisy that all our anxious feelings were gone right after you came in.” Seungyoon laughed. “Never thought you two would be part of us too. We’ve came so far.”

The members smiled, each recalling their own memory of meeting for the first time in the main office. They were glad that the new addition to the team turned out to be really good brothers and they appreciated each other like family.

Just as they were talking among themselves, the president came in, greeting the boys. “How was the press conference today?” President Yang casually asks the boys as he makes his way to his desk. “Were you guys nervous?” he laughed.

“Yeah, a little. We kinda made a mistake.” Seungyoon answered.

“I know, I saw. Why did you guys move to the centre when the other team hasn’t taken a photo?” he settled in his seat, reaching out to his iPad from the drawer. The security guard came in at that time, bowing to the president and stood by his table.

“I’ll go straight to the point, since everyone is here. Did you guys know what happened today?” the boys simply nodded, feeling regretful that such an incident have bestowed upon their group.

“Taehyun told us earlier on.” Mino answered.

“Did you told them every single detail about the incident today?” the president asked Taehyun.

“Yes, I did, sajangnim.”

“So according to Jjun, he only called to threaten you once right? No, twice including today.” Mr Yang confirmed.

Taehyun simply nodded.

“And you’re not sure if your parents are here in Korea, correct?”

Taehyun nodded again. He had told the guards everything earlier on so the president didn’t need to ask him again. It was for his own safety as well as ’s safety. If anything were to happen to the members, he would never forgive himself.

“Since everyone here in this room knows why we are gathering here, then we’re good. Listen up boys. This is a very serious matter. Do you know why? Because you guys are slowly getting exposed to the media, so everyone is watching you. You may be targets of scandals, victims of media and threats from the public so this is when you will need to be the most careful, especially when you are surrounded by dangerous people like this who are aiming for you guys, even though the motive in unknown.” The president explained.

“Right now is a little early for you guys to have managers for each team because most of the time you will be either in the studio or the training centre. Only when you have fan meetings and such that we will deploy managers for you guys. We will, however increase the number of guards for your team due to this incident. As compared to Team B, you will have slightly more guards so please don’t be shocked when you see bulky men following you around. They are to keep you guys safe.” He went on explaining about the safety of the boys.

“So right now, please help me to help yourselves. Look after one another and quickly report it if there are any suspicious people around you or if a member goes somewhere and doesn’t come back for a long time. Have I made myself clear?” the president asked. “I will reiterate this to you guys again, this is very very serious, so don’t think that you already have more guards, you can let your guards down, okay?”

“Yes, sajangnim.” The boys responded together.

“Anything to ask?”

“Uh, um..” Taehyun slightly raised his hand. “You know about the phone call, they told me to leave the team.” He started to choke, recalling the traumatic phone call he experienced.

“That…” the president paused. “The rest may go and wait outside, let me talk to Taehyun.”

The boys bowed and left the office, leaving Taehyun in the office with Jjun, the guard that was the closest to him.

“I was told that the one who made the phone call was your parents personally, right?”

“Yes.”

“So they were the ones who sent you that threat over the phone.”

“Yes. It was my dad.”

“I’ve asked the security to take a look at the phone record list and the voice records so I hope I can find the exact voice message that he left for you. Until then, don’t worry about it so much, okay?”

Taehyun felt reassured a little, knowing how concerned the president is towards him. He realises that the president may not have any mercy or affection when it comes to monthly evaluations, but he indeed takes good care of his trainees’ safety.

“So can we pretend that nothing happened today? I know it’s a little tough but don’t let this affect you. I want you to put your hundred and one percent of focus on the upcoming battles and leave the other matters to me and the staffs.”

Taehyun broke out in a smile, feeling like as if he had a rock lifted off his chest. He knew he wasn’t exactly free but at least he’s got many more eyes watching over him. “Thank you, for letting me stay.” Taehyun mumbled out of gladness.

“You mean you were really going to leave if they threatened you again?” The president asked, surprising Taehyun. He didn’t expect the president to hear his soft mumble.

“Uh, I…”

“You are my trainee, you cannot leave unless I say so. Do you get me? You signed a contract four years ago, what makes you think you can leave just like that?” the president warned. “Remember that.”

Taehyun bowed and thanked the president again, after getting dismissed by him. The members were waiting for him outside while chatting with the guards.

“You okay?” Mino asked the moment Taehyun stepped out of the room. He grabbed Taehyun’s hand tightly in concern, earning a slight smirk from the members. Taehyun gave him a little glare, signalling that they’re in public and there are other people watching them.

“I am… Good.” Taehyun released his hand from Mino’s grip, flashing a smile to the rest of the concerned members.

“What did he say?” Seungyoon asked.

“Just, a couple of things related to this. Nothing much.” Taehyun responded as the members and guards entered the lift.

In the van, the Jjun hopped into the front seat beside the driver. “Like I said earlier on to the rest, you will see me every day. So be prepared to get tired of me soon.” He started to loosen the atmosphere.

“Are you following us to the dorm as well?” Taehyun laughed.

“Fortunately and unfortunately, no.” the witty guard replied. “The security there is very tight and we will tighten is even more during this period.”

The members continued chatting throughout their short journey back to the training centre. Usually they would walk from the headquarters to the training centre but since they were already running behind time for their schedule, the president told them to take the van instead.

After the short journey, the boys went down the van with their bags, bowing to the driver and the guard who was with them. As usual, they went over to the office before heading to the practice room to deposit their phones.

“Your vocal trainer is on his way back from lunch. Get the equipment ready as usual.” The staff instructed.

Back at the training centre, the boys entered their room only to be greeted by a few technicians who were busy taking a look at their ceilings. They greeted the strangers with a puzzled look on their faces. “Oh, hi. We’re leaving already, we’re just taking a look at the corners where we need to install the CCTVs.” The technicians explained before the boys could even ask them.

“You’re installing cameras in our training room?” Mino asked.

“Yes, for this room and the next. We just got that order earlier on to check out the room.” The technicians answered before bidding goodbye to the members.

“Oh, team B too?” Seungyoon asked, earning a nod from the technicians.

“Guess we can’t have fun in the training room, Taehyun ah.” Mino whispered playfully to Taehyun.

“What fun?” Jinwoo who happened to be near them overheard their conversation. “Oh, oh my gosh I know already, don’t explain.” He covered his face innocently.

Mino laughed watching Jinwoo getting all paranoid on his own. “Hyung, I wasn’t even directing it to anything. I was just saying it in general.”

“Right…” Taehyun sneered, slapping Mino on his shoulders and pushing him to the corner of the training room so that he does not blurt out anymore nonsense to the members.

“Ow,” Mino suddenly squatted when his body touched the wall, bending down to touch his ankles in pain.

“Oh my!! Did you hurt your ankles again?” Taehyun panicked, bending over to take a look at Mino’s bandage.

“It’s painful.” Mino laughed, faking a pout on his lips cutely.

“Yah you. Fool me again and I will kick your ankle to make sure that you can never walk.” Taehyun warned. The two lovers were already in their own world, with Taehyun gently massaging Mino’s ankles to prevent any swell while the rest of the members headed out to get the furniture and equipment for their vocal lesson.

Taehyun looked up at Mino who was staring intently at him, giving a smile to him as he continues massaging his ankles.

“I was worried about you, pabo ya.” Mino confessed in a very calm tone. “I thought my world was going to crash right before my eyes again.” he reached out his right arm and fondling Taehyun’s precious face. Taehyun held Mino’s rough palm on his face, gently caressing it with his fingers. He couldn’t bring himself to say anything at that moment.

“I’m sorry.” Taehyun whispered, looking away. He knew how worried Mino was just by the look in his eyes. Of course he would definitely feel that way because the same thing happened years ago, disappearing without any final words.

Mino extended his left arm as well, cupping both Taehyun’s pale cheeks and looked deep into the younger’s eyes. He could not express how thankful he was to the heavens the moment he heard Taehyun’s name being called when he entered the room. It was as if he got revived from the dead to the very precious gift in front of his eyes.

He leaned into Taehyun, trapping his face in between his hands, aiming for his lips. He didn’t care if there was anyone watching them at that moment because he just wanted to express his deep love for the man sitting right in front of him. Slowly, the lovers’ lips crashed together, devouring in a light and soft kiss as they felt each other’s sincere emotions through the warmth of their lips.

They let go of each other after a while only to notice that the other three members were standing awkwardly at the door with chairs in their hands. They both immediately stood up, standing a little further away from each other, hoping that the members did not see anything even though they knew the members had already see it.

“Is it okay for us to come in now?” Seunghoon asked.

“Ah,. Yes.” Mino replied awkwardly, walking towards the door to assist with the chairs.

“Wow you guys are awesome.” Seunghoon teased the lovers again as he carried the chairs to the allocated spots.

“Hyung, you should have just walked in and let us know you’re back. How long were you guys there though?” Mino asked.

“You can say that we saw the whole thing.” Seunghoon laughed. “You realise the store room on this level isn’t that far away right?” The other two members laughed, complimenting Mino at how manly he looked for making the first move on Taehyun, making the two lovers blush from ear to ear.

“Why didn’t you just come in?” Mino nudged his best friend.

“Good afternoon boys, everyone seemed very happy today?” The vocal instructor suddenly came in before Seunghoon could answer Mino. “How did the press conference go?” he walked towards his seat and opens up his laptop. The boys greeted their vocal instructor and excitedly chatted about their first ever encounter with the media before they start their lesson for the day.

~~

As usual, at 10pm, the staff comes in with a list of their schedules for the next day while the boys were busy with their dance practice. “Take note, boys. Tomorrow, please report to the headquarters. You have a shooting for the opening of this program, afterwards the president wants to see you back in the evaluation room so don’t come back to the training centre.”

The boys stopped what they were doing and rushed to take a look at the schedule for the day, huddling around the piece of paper with sweats drenched all over their bodies. “Only two things scheduled tomorrow?” Taehyun asked.

“For now, yes. You will be briefed tomorrow.” The staff left the room and the boys resumed practice until 12 am that day.

“Let’s call it a day.” Seunghoon instructed. “We’ve learnt 4 new dance steps and I think we’re good for today, since all of you have mastered it pretty quickly.”

With that, the boys quickly packed their belongings and headed out of the training centre where the guards were already waiting for them, accompanying them as they walk back to their dorms. They did not talk much on their way back that night because all of them were already so drained after practice.

In the dorm, the members gathered around the dinner table, eating some late night snacks that they bought on their way back and chattering about their day.

 

"We shouldn't eat too much, we have a shooting tomorrow." Seungyoon nagged. 

"Gosh I forgot! Thanks for reminding!" Mino took his final piece and stuffed everything into his mouth. 

"What a long day today." Seunghoon sighed. "But it was a new experience. The press conference and stuff."

“I know right. I was so nervous to go up stage because it feels so surreal. The feeling of being recognized in public gives me goose bumps." Jinwoo shared. “It’s so so much different than performing as back up dancers during the YG Family concert!”

“Hyung, you’ve performed at the YG Family concert before? You mean with Big Bang sunbae-nims and all the big names in YG?” Mino asked in shock.

“Yup, me and Taehyun, 2 years ago. We were just back up dancers though, shortly before Yoon came in. I guess that was the ‘push factor’ for the two of us to keep wanting to do well in our trainings and we were determined to succeed.” Jinwoo explained. “At that time, they didn’t recognise us. They probably don’t even see us at the back. But now they know us, they know that we are part of the team.”

"I'm thankful that I'm going through all these with all of you and not anyone else. I can't imagine myself standing on stage with anyone other than the four of you guys." Taehyun smiled.

"Awwww, maknae ah! Since when did you become so sweet? Must be the sweetness from Mino during the kiss earlier on." Seungyoon teased, making Taehyun blush, turning his entire face as red as a tomato. Mino watched as his lover gets shy from the teasing from his fellow members. How can he not love such an innocent soul?

"I’ll shower first, kids." Jinwoo yawned, gathering the dirty plates on the table.

"Can I use the other toilet? I need to do number two." Seungyoon confessed, fidgeting around with his hands on his stomach.

"Make it quick guys. We need to sleep too." Seunghoon called out to the members who were rushing to the toilets. In a flash, the two members hurriedly dumped the dirty dishes into the sink and slammed the toilet doors in urgency, leaving the two lovers and Seunghoon in the living room. 

"So hyung, you didn't exactly answer my question just now. Why did you guys watch us and not just barge into the room like how you always do?" Mino laughed.

"Well," Seunghoon started, observing the two who were sitting next to each other. 

"I think I'm the only one in this group who knows how much you two love each other, especially Mino. I wanted to be,... Considerate?" Seunghoon tilted his head, thinking of the right word to describe their situation. 

"And since that was probably the only opportunity you guys had since we were surrounded by people from the waiting room all the way to the headquarters. Besides, I honestly felt your emotions as you were crying when looking for Taehyun backstage so I had to respect that personal space you guys needed. You should be thankful the other two members were very understanding as well." Seunghoon explained further.

"You cried?" Taehyun turned to Mino, placing his hand on top of Mino's hand on the table.

"I told you, I was worried. I was,… scared."

"I'm sorry. I'm always making you cry when I'm around." Taehyun apologized.

"No, I mean, I get so scared easily that I didn't even realise that you were on your own when you had to reveal everything to the guard even though I know you didn’t want to. I was selfishly thinking about myself that I have never thought about how you felt."

Mino looked like he could burst out crying anytime soon. He looked at Taehyun deep into his eyes, conveying his true emotions to the person he loved the most. 

Taehyun shook his head. "It's me. I'm sorry for hurting you many times over and over again these days, but I promise that we will never have to go through this again, for as long as I'm still alive."

The two lovers embraced in a hug while Seunghoon watches them, tearing a little as well. He was a very delicate person who gets touched at nearly everything that he could cry about. He was touched at the scene right in front of him, seeing the people whom he loves being happy is enough to make him satisfied. The three members had a short heart to heart talk while waiting for the members to finish showering.

"Done!" Jinwoo announced, jumping out of the toilet as he dries his hair and puts on his boxers. 

"Hyung! How many times did I tell you to wear your boxers in the toilet! We can see everything!" The youngest reprimanded the oldest.

"Chingu yah, we're a family now. What I have, you have it too. So why bother wearing it secretly?" Jinwoo made a funny point.

"Can I go in first?" Mino asked the remaining members who were still waiting. 

"Go ahead." Seunghoon adviced.

Mino took his towel and entered the toilet. Before closing the door, he called out to Taehyun. "Taehyun ah, want to bathe with me?" 

Taehyun immediately looked up, unsure if he had heard it correctly. He looked at Seunghoon in confusion, even Seunghoon was taken aback at Mino’s request.

"Sorry?" Taehyun asked. 

"I asked, do you want to bathe with me?" Mino asked slowly this time. 

Taehyun looked at Seunghoon again, he had remembered that Seunghoon told him that Mino has never opened up to anyone else all these years when he showers, besides his best friend. 

"Mino ya," Seunghoon got up from his seat, walking towards the toilet where Mino was. "Do you realise what you just asked Taehyun?"

"Yeah, I want to bathe with him.”

“Are you sure about this? What if you relapse?”

“Shh, hyung. Keep it low, he might hear us. After what happened today, I feel like I should show him my fears and overcome it together if he is willing to. I think I am ready for it, hyung.” Mino held his best friend’s hands, assuring him that he was going to be fine.

"I'm perfectly fine with it, in fact I think this will be a big leap for you in your life. It’s just that I fear if anything were to happen to you inside, I can’t be there for you, will you be okay? Remember when you nearly relapsed when your grandfather walked in?" 

"I'll be fine hyung. I will try. That’s years ago, I can even bathe on my own now. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine, I promise.”

Seunghoon could not say no more. Mino looked so determined and he hopes that he doesn’t collapse with an unfamiliar face while he’s inside the toilet. Considering that Taehyun has a huge place in his heart, Mino would surely recognise that it’s just Taehyun that’s with him and it’s not a stranger.

“Okay, then. Shout for me if you need anything.” Seunghoon patted Mino’s shoulders. “I’ll go get Taehyun.”

“Hyung.” Mino called out.

“Hm?”

“Can you just stay by the door, in case something happens? I don’t know what might happen though.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll stay outside.” Seunghoon smiled.

Seunghoon walked over to Taehyun who still looked very unsure about the whole situation. As much as he wanted to bathe together with his boyfriend like any other couples, he realises that it might not be as easy as he thought, given their circumstances. Mino has a painful past and he was afraid that after all these years of overcoming it, his fears might just come back.

“He wants you in the shower. Go on, I trust that you’ll be able to overcome his fears together. Bring in your phone with you so you can call me if anything were to happen. Never never open the door while showering and even if something happens to him, don’t leave him alone. Just call me using your phone.” Seunghoon gave a couple of advices to Taehyun.

“If he talks to you while he’s showering, respond to him. I know he’s a little better now since he can differentiate when he’s bathing with someone or when he’s on his own, but just engage in a conversation with him. If you don’t talk to him, he might be startled when he suddenly sees you in the shower, even though he was the one who called you in. Take care of him, alright. He’s pretty much a different person in the shower.”

Taehyun nodded, thanking Seunghoon and grabbing his towel from the hanger and headed to the toilet. “I’ll be outside here, so call me if anything happens.” Seunghoon watches as Taehyun enters the bathroom with Mino, locking the door.

“I hope nothing happens inside though, since he’s almost recovered.” Seunghoon earnestly prayed outside the bathroom door.

Taehyun faced his lover who was still fully dressed. He was afraid of the things that Seunghoon had warned him earlier, but he had to pretend that he did not know anything about Mino since he hasn’t hear it from Mino himself.

“Hey,” Mino caressed Taehyun’s hair. “Why do you look more nervous than me?” he flashed a sincere smile to his lover.

Taehyun smiled shyly, taking one step forward and leaning himself onto Mino’s tall build. Mino gently tugged the younger into his arms, hugging him. In Mino’s arms, the lovers could feel each other’s heartbeats beating in sync.

“Today I realised how much I need you in my life.” Mino confessed, whispering into Taehyun’s ears. “I realised that I can’t breathe at the thought of not seeing you again.” He rubbed Taehyun’s back.

“I never meant to leave you again. I vowed to myself to treasure you for as long as I live. You were my family, my best friend, my listening ear and my lover, my boyfriend.” Taehyun tightened the hug. “I love you more each day and I can never bring myself to leave you again, ever. Once was enough.”

Mino slowly pushed Taehyun’s body away from his, holding the small figure by his shoulders. Closing in, Mino cupped Taehyun’s face and kissed him slowly. The night was still young and the lovers had so much to talk about that night. They realised how much they truly loved each other after the incident that happened earlier on. Never in their wildest dreams would they ever imagine living without each other by their side.

The lovers were immersed in the lustful kiss, grabbing each other’s hair, biting each other’s necks and stealing each other’s air. It was definitely a beautiful moment for the both them to passionately express their love for one another without the members being on their radar.

“I’ve got something to show you.” Mino confessed after they regretfully let go of each other’s lips. As much as they want to spend more time together, just the two of them, they know they still have to wake up early for a schedule the next morning. They were at the peak of their trainee life and they can’t let anything get in their way. Their love for each other was important, but they know how even more important it is to give their full attention to trainings and lessons. One wrong move could jeopardize their entire team’s performance.

“What is it?” Taehyun asked innocently.

Mino ed his flannel shirt, taking it off in front of Taehyun who was shyly darting his eyes away from him. He revealed his abs to Taehyun for the first time, it was clearly well-defined and there was no way that it was the same exact figure that Taehyun had always seen back then in high school.

“Uh… Um..” Taehyun suddenly stuttered.

Mino laughed at his embarrassed boyfriend. “Why are you so embarrassed? This is still the same bare body that you used to cuddle in when we took naps after school back then. Except with a couple more lines here and there.” Mino pointed, referring to his abs.

“It looks normal from outside, right?” Mino asked. Taehyun was taken aback at the unusual question.

“What do you mean?”

“Like, you know. There isn’t any scars or anything. It looks normal when you see it like that, right?”

“Yeah, I guess.”

“Behind this perfectly looking body, lies a dark past which I want to conceal. A painful past that I wanted to hide to the world, especially to you.” Mino confessed.

“What do you mean?” Taehyun pretended to ask, even though he knew exactly what Mino was talking about. He stayed calm, at the thought of Mino revealing it to him about his dark past at that very moment. He already knew every single thing about Mino’s painful memory but he still acted like he didn’t know. Some things are meant to be left untold. Just like this one.

“Don’t be shocked okay. I really didn’t want to tell you about it but after what happened today, I feel like I want to share this with you with hopes that you’d be able to be there for me as I am recovering. On the way back from the press conference, I thought that if you were able to share your fears about the threats you got which you weren’t planning to share, then I should share this fear of mine as well. Only to you.”

Taehyun could only smile speechlessly.

“Four years ago I….” Mino started. Taehyun knew what was coming. His fingers gripped his pants tightly, not wanting to break down in front of Mino.

“I actually attempted suicide. Right here, in the bathroom.” Mino paused. “I had fears bathing after a while.”

Taehyun had lost it. He was trying so hard to keep his tears in but at the simple mention of the incident, he just could not control his emotions any longer. He had cried when Seunghoon revealed about Mino’s condition weeks ago but today feels very much different than before. Hearing it from the person who had gone through it all on his own feels different. He feels like his heart was ripped off like a piece of paper.

His tears fell as he started to visualise the scene in his head once again, in the bathroom where he usually visits whenever he goes to Mino’s house. Even after hearing it for the second time, he still wished that he could rewind time and make a different decision. A decision that would not hurt the both of them.

Taehyun approached Mino, holding Mino’s arms and looked at Mino whose eyes were starting to get teary. Mino suddenly smiled as he makes eye contact with his lover, flashing his beautiful set of teeth to Taehyun.

Mino stared deep into Taehyun’s eyes, his fingers caressed Taehyun’s delicate and pale cheeks as he wipes his lover’s tears. His fingers trailed along his lips, gently it with so much care. Mino’s eyes was filled with so much love, assuring that he wasn’t affected by his dark past anymore.

“Don’t cry.” Mino whispered, his fingers still gently fondling with Taehyun’s lips. “It hurts me to see you cry like this, love.”

“That’s much better.” Mino complimented when Taehyun immediately looked up to him and smiled playfully at him. He loved it the most when Taehyun smiles to him, it makes him feel like that precious smile was created by the heavens just for him and only for him. Yes, he was that selfish for the person he loved the most in this entire world.

Taehyun wrapped his arms around Mino’s bare waist once again and looked up lovingly at his boyfriend while Mino cups his lover’s cheeks. It feels so convenient to rest his palms on Taehyun’s fluffy cheeks and Taehyun doesn’t seem to mind at all.

“Let’s overcome this together.” Taehyun suggested to his lover.

“What is?” Mino asked in confusion. Taehyun had already said it before he could even tell Taehyun his entire past. Taehyun knew what was coming next and didn’t want Mino to keep hurting in the process of telling him about his past, so he thought it would be better to say what’s in Mino’s mind.

“Your fears. You said you had you had fears bathing.”

“This is what I love the most about you, baby. You always know what’s in my mind and you read me so well.” Mino complimented Taehyun again, giving him a quick peck on his lips. “It’s been about four years since the so called incident, and thankfully I am recovering with the help of Seunghoon. I am doing well on the road to recovery and I know you’ll be the perfect person who can help me recover faster.”

Taehyun smiled sheepishly at Mino and nodded. “Mm, you’ll get better.” Taehyun fought back his tears. His heart was getting weak at Mino’s will to recover from the incident, something he wished he never had to go through.

I’m sorry that you had to go through all these because of me.

“So, let’s bathe now, shall we? We have a shooting tomorrow morning and I can’t turn up with a burnt face because you’ve been burning a hole in my face with your playful stare.” Mino gave a slightly longer peck on his lover’s moist lips again.

The lovers quickly undressed themselves to bathe and it was the most sight they have ever seen in their entire relationship. Although the lovers had intimately expressed their love during the team building activity they had the month before, the sight of each other’s bare bodies were making them hard. Both of them gulped, seeing each other’s members in the brightly lit toilet as they shyly try to look away from focusing on each other’s lower bodies.

“I think we should quickly get this done, who knows what I might do to you if we stay here longer.” Mino teased, swallowing his saliva as he climbs into the bath tub which was already filled with water. “Come in with me.” He invited Taehyun.

Taehyun climbed in as well, sitting opposite Mino while they soaped themselves. “It would be nice to have some wine and some scented candles here though.” Taehyun suggested.

“This toilet is too unglam for us to have such a romantic shower time. Maybe one day when we debut, we can do that when we’re on our vacation or something.” Mino replied realistically.

“Do you think we’ll debut?” Taehyun asked with his eyebrows showing his uncertainty.

“Of course we will! That’s a given. You’re starting to sound like Jinwoo though, because he’s the one who keeps asking those questions.” Mino joked, making the two of them laugh.

They chatted in the bathtub for a while as they clean themselves up. It was an interesting new experience for the two of them and thankfully nothing had happened during their first bathing session together. Mino helped Taehyun dry his hair lovingly, carefully using the hair dryer to blow dry his lover’s soft hair.

“I liked your old hair though.”

“Which one?” Taehyun asked.

“When you grew it out like a helmet and dyed it reddish brown. I loved that hairstyle the most.”

“But you kept teasing me!!” Taehyun laughed, recalling the outrageous hairstyle he used to have when they were dating back then.

“I teased you because I loved you, pabo ya.” Mino poked Taehyun’s cheeks, making him blush.

“You don’t like my hairstyle now? I kept it short because I sweat a lot during trainings so I decided to keep it thin.”

“I like it now even better, actually. Your centre parting looks the cutest to me.” Mino complimented, combing Taehyun’s hair with his fingers, separating the front part into two.

Taehyun laughed, taking the hair dryer off Mino’s hands and doing it the same to him. After drying their hair, the lovers left the toilet in their towels only to realise that Seunghoon was patiently waiting for them at the door.

“Oh, you’re done?” Seunghoon asked.

“Hyung! You’re not asleep yet?” Mino exclaimed, remembering that he had asked Seunghoon to wait outside for him but it had totally slipped his mind. “Gosh, I shouldn’t have asked you to wait.”

“Ah, it’s okay.” Seunghoon rubbed his eyes, evidently showing that he was getting sleepy while waiting. “Did anything happen?”

Mino smiled sheepishly, proud of the fact that he had revealed to Taehyun about his past. “Taehyun, you go in first. I’ll come in later.” He instructed to Taehyun who was still standing at the toilet door.

“Hoon hyung, I’ll go in first. Good night!” Taehyun greeted before disappearing into his room.

“Why are you smiling so happily? Did you guys by chance…?” Seunghoon guessed.

“By chance what?”

“You know, the things couple do.”

“Hyung! How can you think of it that far! We just bathed, nothing else.”

“Who knows, I mean you guys even jerked each other in the back seat the other time so I thought you guys might have broken some rules tonight.” Seunghoon joked.

“We’re not ready for that stage yet I guess. Anyway hyung, guess what!” Mino asked excitedly.

“What?”

“I finally told him. So there’s no more secrets between the two of us.” Mino nearly jumped up and down in excitement.

“Really?” Seunghoon widened his eyes. He had already expected it but he was feeling proud of his best friend’s accomplishment that night. “How did he react?”

“Well, it saddened me a little that he cried but I think he accepted it just fine. He offered to help me recover before I could even ask him. I think we’re really meant for each other and we understand one another so well.” Mino jumped out of joy and hugged his best friend in joy. Seunghoon hugged him as well, feeling overly happy for his best friend. He couldn’t be any prouder.

“Yah yah yah, your towel is going to fall off.” Seunghoon pushed Mino away. “Go and sleep, I want to wash up. It’s already 2am!”

“Oh yes, you should bathe. Good night hyung! And thank you!” Mino showed him the heart sign with his arms.

“Good night chingu yah. You know I’m proud of you, right?” Seunghoon smiled to Mino before entering the toilet.

Mino entered his lover’s room with pyjamas in his hands. Taehyun was writing a couple of notes on his diary when Mino walked in. He quickly hid it in the drawer to make sure that Mino did not see anything. “May I come in?” Mino whispered.

“You’re already in.” Taehyun laughed.

“I’m going to get dressed.” Mino warned and immediately lowered down his towel, exposing his totally lower bottom. Taehyun who saw the sight quickly closed his eyes with his pillows, feeling extremely shy even though he had seen it just moments ago.

“Get used to it, baby. You’ll see it often.” Mino teased.

“W…Why would I see it?” Taehyun questioned.

“Because you promised to help me recover.” Mino pulled the pillow away from Taehyun’s grasp and sat on the bed. “You’re the cutest when you’re embarrassed, I swear.”

Taehyun closed his eyes after realising that the pillow he used to cover his eyes had been taken away. “I’m already dressed, don’t worry.” Mino smirked.

“Can we go to sleep now, I am very tired.” Mino pouted, putting on his shirt.

“Tired of crying?” Taehyun asked.

“You cried too today. So we’re fair. But let’s promise one thing, which is to never cry because of each other again. We’ll have happier days ahead.”

Taehyun nodded knowingly. “Promise.”

The lovers crashed into bed with the lights off in no time. The moon rays shined into Taehyun’s room, lighting up their faces. They lay on the pillow with their faces facing each other. “Today was a long day.” Mino whispered, playing with the strands of hair on Taehyun’s forehead.

“A very long and emotional day, that is.”

“I hope tomorrow will be better. Even though part of today was a little sad, I don’t regret some parts of it at all.”

“Me too.”

“Let’s go to sleep. We should enjoy sleeping in each other’s embrace before the cameras come back.”

“Then you’ll have to return to your room.” Taehyun pouted.

“We’ll have to think of new excuses already.” Mino laughed.

“We can train our acting skills.”

“I know right? Okay, let’s sleep for real now. We only got 5 hours to sleep tonight. Goodnight darling.” Mino gave Taehyun a goodnight kiss on his lips, cheek and forehead.

“Goodnight, love.” Taehyun returned the kisses.

 

A/N: Sorry for taking a long time to update especially when it was such a cliff hanging ending previously. I was rushing this update because tonight will be such an important day for us incles. WINNER IS FINALLY BACK, GUYS!!!!!

That aside, my updates for the next few chapters MIGHT take a little longer because I just started my new sem barely a month ago, so I will try to steal some time from here and there to update, okay?
Lots of love, folks! <3