Shh, no one must know.

And then I met you, (again)

Taehyun’s parents migrated to Australia, leaving behind their extended family in Seoul to open up a fast food chain. Their little fast food store grew larger as time goes by and it has been 15 years since their business started in Sydney. Their family was wealthy, but they were not close, well atleast for Taehyun. He grew apart from his parents after his brother was born. They doted on his brother so much to the point that Taehyun feels like he never existed.

The only time where theyneeded Taehyun was when they need him to model for their fast food chain advertisements.Blessed with a good height and a soft friendly look, it was a good marketing strategy to endorse Taehyun as the model. In a way, people from all around Australia recognised Taehyun as the successful Korean fast food chain’s son. Taehyun had never received any love from his parents as they were very strict towards him.

He had once brought a girl to his home to introduce to his parents but they immediately disapproved of him dating that girl and forced them to break up. They told him that if he kept up that attitude, they will never spare him again. Since then, he has always been cautious when he dates, especially now that the public had already recognised him.

Mino, on the other hand lives with his grandparents in Sydney. After his parents passed away, his grandparents went over to Seoul to fetch him and moved his things to Sydney to live with them to start a new life. He has been living with his grandparents ever since and his grandparents have been his everything in his life. He always confided to them about his life and school work, receiving all the love from his grandparents.

Mino and Taehyun attended the same high school. They first met when the teacher assigned them both as partners and had gotten closer to each other. ever since. Both of them had many similar interests and many things in common. Also, the fact that both of them actually speak the same native language made them feel like they have a common connection.

Days turned into weeks and into months, these two became the best buddies and found interest in each other. They confided a lot in each other and Taehyun always came over to Mino’s house every day to hang out. Not only with Mino, Taehyun had gotten closer to Mino’s grandparents as well. For once, he felt the warmth of having a family and are surrounded by the people who cares for him because of who he is, and not just for money.

After a while, they started to date each other as they were happy having each other's company. The two had to keep their relationship private for Taehyun’s sake but even so, they were really happy. At school, they had to resist the urge to going to the other and hug them because they do not want to be so obvious. Mino only had Taehyun and Taehyun only had Mino. With each other, they experienced many firsts. They were both also each other’s first boyfriends.

Time passes, and before they realised it, it had already been 3 years since they started dating. Still, the only people who knew about this were only the two of them. Although Mino’s grandparents suspected something going on between the two of them because they are always locked up in Mino’s room whenever Taehyun comes over, they didn’t mind at all. They were happy as long as their grandson is happy.

For 3 years, they could not date openly; hold hands when they are walking in the park, lie on each other’s shoulders when they are at the movies, hug each other when they meet or give each other cheek kisses when they are about to say goodbye. They had to do all these cautiously after confirming that there isn’t anyone else in their vicinity before doing all these things.

~~~

One night after their night lesson, Mino walked Taehyun home as usual. They walked past a narrow alley and Taehyun, being his usual excited self, skipped back along happily while Mino followed that boy from the back. Suddenly, without warning, a bicycle turned in from the corner and it nearly hit Taehyun. Mino quickly dashed forward and grabbed Taehyun’s waist to prevent him from falling. Taehyun would have suffered an injury if not for Mino’s quick reflexes. The cyclist disappeared into the darkness, leaving the lovers in that position, too shocked to move.

Making eye contact, Mino slowly leans his face closer to Taehyun and aligned their lips together. Taehyun closed his eyes and pouted his lips slightly, because he knew what was to come next but he was too shy.

The day is finally here, after three years!

Mino’s lips found Taehyun’s and his tongue began exploring Taehyun’s mouth. Both of them were gasping for air but they never broke the kiss as their tongues continued to wrestle against each other and tasting each other’s sweetness. Their kiss lasted for a while before Mino pulled away.

“That’s another first” he whispered in Taehyun’s ears making Taehyun flushed red.

Getting a hold of Taehyun's delicate hands, the two lovers continued their journey back home. Mino sent Taehyun back home and gave him a kiss on his forehead before turning around to make his way back home. They were really happy that night, it was a new level to their relationship.

Taehyun opened the door, only to see that both his parents were on the couch waiting for him. They have never waited for him to come back before, but tonight they did. Why are they waiting for me?

Taehyun's parents didn’t say anything but only gestured him to sit on the couch. Scrolling through the phone, his mother passed the phone to him and showed him the content. To Taehyun’s disbelieve, he saw a photo of what happened between him and Mino at the alley earlier. It was a photo of them kissing, expertly captured from the corner of the alley.

Taehyun gulped. He was aware that he was in some sort of trouble but he wasnt aware of what is bound to happen to him. He was prepared to get grounded or habe his belongings confiscated, but he did not prepare for the worse.

“I’ve called your aunt in Seoul and I’m sending you there to live with her until further notice. I’m going out to get you a one way plane ticket for the first flight tomorrow. I’ll visit your school tomorrow to take your name out of the register.” his mother informed his mercilessly. Taehyun was speechless and could not utter a word because it was too sudden.

With that, his parents took their coats and left the house to get him a plane ticket. The young boy broke down in his room and wanted to call Mino about his parent's final decision. He needed to tell Mino that he was leaving but he realised he didn’t have his phone with him. He went to the living room to use the home phone but his parents had disconnected it, purposely not letting him make any calls. He went up to his room and started crying,

“What am I going to do? Mino ya, what should I do?” his weak heart cried. There was nothing that young boy could do, but to leave his lover without any notice.

~~~

Mino returned home, feeling like he was on cloud nine. After 3 years, he finally plucked the courage to kiss the man he loved. He was smiling uncontrollably as he entered the kitchen to get himself a glass of water, not realising that his grandparents were watching him the entire time.

“Did something good happen today?” his grandfather asked.

“I finally did it. I made the first move today” he answered with a big smile on his face.

“You should have done this a long time ago, boy. My grandson is a man! How did Hyunnie react though? Was he burning red?” his grandfather asked his blushing grandson.

“Ah, it was the best feeling in the world. I cupped his face and he closed his eyes. That’s when your grandson started to make the first move” Mino boasted proudly. Their chat continued deep into the night and Mino had started to miss Taehyun already.

After a cold bath, Mino lay on his bed, still smiling while checking his phone. He sighed as there weren’t any texts from Taehyun. Usually at this time, Taehyun would already be spamming his phone with text messages.

“Aish this rascal, is he too embarrassed to even wish me a goodnight text?” Mino smiled to himself.

He opened up his phone and sends Taehyun a sweet text that read “Goodnight sweetheart, I will never forget today.” Taehyun must have fallen asleep already, he thought.

Mino slept in and rolled his body to the side of the bed to check his phone. Considering that it was a Saturday, he wanted to call Taehyun to catch a movie. He unlocked his phone to see what Taehyun had replied him, but there was no reply. Anxious, Mino gave him a goood morning text. He fumbled with the phone in his hand, wondering if he should give him a call.

An hour passed but there was still no reply and Mino decided to give Taehyun a call because he felt that something was not right. Taehyun have never ignored his messages before, no matter how busy he is.

“The number you have dialled is not in use…” the operator said through the phone.

“What is this nonsense?” Mino exclaimed. He tried calling once again but the response was still the same. Anxious, Mino broke down and cried. “Taehyunnie, where are you?”

~

"Sorry, Mino." Taehyun mumbled to himself as he settled down in the plane.