Yoongi (Suga) and Areum

Hopeful Daydreams {CLOSED}

look at this guy... acting so cute. Stop it, you'll ruin me.

 

Requested by: Yuciey

Scenario: Areum is hungover so Suga (Yoongi) lets her sleep with him. The next day the members about it.

 


“What are you doing here?” Yoongi asks as he opens the door.

I my head to the side, disappointed with his unenthusiastic reaction. “Is that how you usually greet someone who comes to visit you?” I grumble as I invite myself in.

He leans on the doorframe, blocking the entrance, “I’m busy,” he says firmly.

I lift my arms and display the cartons of bottles. “I bought alcohol,” I grin, stand on my toes and give him a peck on the cheek.

He rolls his eyes. Reluctantly Yoongi moves aside but I take the extra effort to bump shoulders with him. “Areum, if you keep visiting there will be rumours,” he explains, “Plus we just finished the ones you brought from last time.”

I pout as I place the cartons down on their coffee table. “Don’t be so mean Yoongi,” I mutter as I take off my jacket and dump it on the couch. I take a seat and look around, “Where is everyone else?”

He lifts his brows. He crosses his arms and says nothing, just stares at me with a somewhat worried judgemental look.

“What?”

He sighs and puts his hands in his pockets. He doesn’t look at me when he replies, “They went out.”

I stare at his side profile. ‘Why won’t he look?’

Yoongi sighs and scratches the back of his neck. “Areum look, I’m busy, maybe we can catch up later?”

I frown. “But I want to drink together!” I whinge and throw myself further into the couch.

“What’s there to drink to?” he asks with a bitter smile, “I should be working on the new album right now an—”

“My boyfriend is ignoring me!” I exclaim, “I need to drink!”

Yoongi exhales loudly and scratches the back of his head. My eyes flicker to him then wander down to my lap. I hear his footsteps approach me. He takes a seat and wraps an arm around my shoulders and gives me a firm squeeze.

“I’m not ignoring you,” he says in a tender tone.

I don’t look up. He rubs my shoulder and gives it another squeeze, “I’m sorry.” He tilts his head onto mine, his arm still comfortingly around me. He kisses the top of my head and apologizes again. I give in and look up at him. His eyes gaze at me lovingly, so warmly that I forget the coldness in them only moments ago.

“You’re blonde now,” I murmur as I reach out for his hair.

His eyes crinkle as he smiles. He takes my hand and kisses my fingertips. “Did you prefer it pink?” he chuckles into my palm.

I laugh softly and shuffle in his arms. He wraps his arms around me and my hair, his cheek resting on my head.

“For future reference,” I say after a moment, “I prefer your natural hair.”

He lifts his brows and laughs. “Tell the company that,” he jokes.

“I will,” I murmur as I lean into his chest. I listen to his heartbeat, steady and loud against my ear. His breathing calms me and we stay like this for some time.

“Should we drink?” he asks, breaking the silence, “There’ll be no room in the fridge if we don’t.”

I lift my eyes and uncurl from his embrace. He leans over and rips apart the carton. He hands me a bottle of beer then takes one for himself before reclining back into his seat.

Yoongi opens the bottle he’s holding then exchanges it with mine. He opens his and we toast. “Cheers.”

I purse my lips. The liquid is cold yet dry, a taste that’ll take me far more drinks to become accustomed to.

After taking a gulp, Yoongi examines the bottle, turning it by the neck. “Why did you buy these ones? I thought you hated them,” he frowns and brings it to his lips again, “Why didn’t you bring the kind you like, like you did last time?” he asks before taking another drink.

“These were on sale, buy one get two,” I shrug, “and you like them anyway.”

He chuckles, “You know me well.”

 

I look at the clock but the digits begin to blur. The world is swaying. I grumble as I lean my head on Yoongi’s shoulder.

“I warned you they were stronger than what you usually have,” he lectures.

I groan and wave a flimsy hand. “Shh!” I hush him, putting a finger to his lips, “You’re talking too loud!” I growl under my breath. I pout and begin fiddling with his bottom lip, “Your lips are soft,” I fumble.

He lifts his brows and takes my wrist, moving my hand away from his face. “Areum, stop it.”

I grumble and flail my hands, “Why are you always so meeaan?!”

Yoongi presses his lips into a smile, “We’ve already discussed this.” He’s so calm despite my immature drunkenness.

I frown. “Always so mean!” I grumble as I reach out for another bottle. Suddenly Yoongi extends his arm, blocking me from getting another beer. “Mooove!” I whinge.

He exhales and shakes his head, “Why did you drink so much? You know I’ll always win.”

“No!” I bark, “Why are you only a man when it comes to drinking?” I slur.

He lifts a brow. “What’s that supposed to mean?” he sounds pissed and usually I’d back off around about now but—

“You—!” I exclaim loudly and point at him, I poke his cheek and he just watches indifferently, “You—! Always make me lonely!” I take a deep breath in and puff my chest out. I stare at him dead in the eye for a moment before suddenly exhaling, “There! I said it!” I say triumphantly.

Yoongi goes silent. He leans over his knees and massages the bridge of his nose. “Why don’t you ever tell me these things when you’re sober?” he mumbles to himself. To his surprise he gets a response.

“Because—!!” I yell, “I don’t… I don’t…”

Don’t…?” he presses, “You don’t what?”

“I don’t want you to hate me,” I squeak. I then curl into a ball and begin to sniffle, “You never have time for me!” I cry.

“Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!” Yoongi exclaims in shock, “W-why are you crying—?!”

“BECAUSE YOONGI HATES ME!!”

He scoffs and scratches the back of his head. ‘How did she get this drunk after 2 and a half bottles of beer?’ he wonders.

“Areum,” he sighs, “I already told you, I don’t hate you.”

“BUT—! He doesn’t love me either right!?” I wail, “He never says it back!”

Yoongi widens his eyes. He covers his mouth with his hand. ‘Huh?’

“I swear I have!” he argues, compelled to deny it despite me probably forgetting in the morning.

I turn to him, my expression distorted. Tears and snot drool down my face as I shake my head.

“No I did when—aaah!” he says in realisation. He covers his face in his palms, “You were drunk that time too…” he grumbles. He then drops his hands and looks at me in concern. He then stands up.

Hastily I grab the hem of his shirt. “Don’t go!”

He puts a hand on my head. “I’m getting you some tissues,” he reassures me and gently pulls my hand off his shirt. As promised, he returns with a box of tissues and additionally a glass of water. He hands me the water and tells me to drink it all, I complain but he gets me to do it somehow. He wipes my tears then scrunches the tissues and places them next to me. He takes a few tissues and holds them to my nose, “Blow.”

I blow my nose. He doesn’t look disgusted even as he scrunches them up and throws the used tissues in the bin. After I refuse to drink more water he leaves to wash the glass. While he’s gone my lids begin to feel heavy. I yawn and rub my eyes. ‘What time is it?’ I wonder as I look around. I can see the glowing face of the digital clock, then the empty bottles of beer on the table, the carpet, the fabric of the couch and lastly the back of my lids.

 

I wake up on what I believe is Yoongi’s bed. Sleep and alcohol still slurs my mind. My head throbs in pain. Yoongi is sleeping on the floor despite there being a spare bed. I know he’s still awake because his face is illuminated by the screen of his laptop, and he’s tapping and dragging things here and there with his headphones on. His brows are knit together and his tiredness is even more evident in the angled lighting.

“Yoongi,” I call out in the dark. I call several times but he doesn’t hear. I pull my hand from under the duvets and wave weakly. I lean over and turn on the bedside lamp, the yellow light dimly spills over the room.

He lifts his eyes from the screen then takes off his headphones in surprise. “Did I wake you up?” he asks worriedly.

I shake my head. “What are you doing?”

He rubs his eyes but manages to smile, “Composing.”

“What are you doing on the floor?”

“Hm?” he yawns and stretches. His eyes glance at the other bed, “That’s Seokjin’s bed. He’ll kill me if I use it,” he smirks and adds, “and you kept telling me not to leave you.”

“Seriously?” I grumble as I put a hand to my head. My brain feels like it is being strangled and thrown on the walls of my skull. “What time is it—is everyone else not back still?” I ask referring to the members.

He glances at his laptop, “4 am.” He thinks for a bit and says, “The members started returning at 11pm. Seokjin came back about half an hour after that, he said he’ll just sleep on the couch for tonight.”

“Huh?” I chirp, “What time did I fall asleep?”

“It wasn’t even 9,” he chuckles, “You didn’t even finish 3 bottles.”

I groan in embarrassment. ‘Ugh, I don’t want to know what happened while I was drunk.’ I decide to change the subject. “Aren’t you going to sleep?” I ask.

He already started working in the short pause of our conversation. He glances up at me, “I need to finish this.”

I puff up my cheeks and wiggle towards the wall. I lift the duvets and pat the empty space. “Come sleep,” I press, “I bet you haven’t had a wink of sleep yet.”

“Isn’t it ‘a blink of sleep’?” he mocks.

I roll my eyes, “You probably haven’t let a single eye sleep.”

He chuckles softly. His eyes flicker to his laptop then the bed. I pat again temptingly. He exhales loudly and closes his laptop before crawling under the duvets and turning off the lamp.

I snuggle into his arms. He holds me tightly to his chest, breathing gently. He smells lightly of alcohol though I can tell he has changed shirts. “Did you save your song?”  I ask.

He lifts his head then looks down at me, I gaze back at him. “Should I go check?”

I briskly shake my head and nuzzle into the nook of his neck, hugging him tighter. “No,” I reply simply.

He chuckles lightly and kisses the top of my head. I can tell he’s thinking and still has his eyes open, staring at the wall behind me. I take a deep breath in of his musky scent. It’s so silent that only our breathing and heartbeats fill the room. As the silence lingers longer I can also hear Namjoon’s snoring through the walls.

“Areum?”

I hum in response.

“I love you.”

I pull back slightly so I can look him in the eyes. “What?” I say in disbelief.

Yoongi chuckles, smiling warmly, “I love you,” he repeats.

“Once more,” I say holding a finger between us.

He laughs and rolls his eyes. “Don’t push it.”

I giggle and embrace him. “I love you too.”

Yoongi pulls me back again. He brings a hand to my face, his gaze wafting over my features. He tucks stray strands of hair behind my ear, and traces my cheekbones and jaw with his fingertips. I close my eyes as he brings his lips to mine. After our lips part, he gently kisses my forehead and apologizes for not having told me sooner.

“I said something stupid while I was drunk, did I?” I murmur.

He hums and shrugs, “You should be honest to me more often.”

I click my tongue and rest on his outstretched arm, “I’ll consider it—if!” I get up on my elbows and turn to him.

Yoongi twists his head, waiting for me to continue.

“If you promise to at least get 7 hours of sleep,” I say, emphasizing that 7 was the minimum.

He chuckles softly, “Let’s go to sleep already then,” he teases. I smile, I feel like I’ve won something. Happily I lie back down. I lay an arm across his stomach and he holds my hand lovingly, his touch warm despite the cold weather.

I hesitate but I say it again, just to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. “I love you.”

He laughs softly. “I love you too.”

 

I wake up with my head still drumming, but my thoughts feel much more at ease. It takes me a while to recall last night’s events as I analyse my surroundings. The room is not my own, it is Seokjin’s and Yoongi’s—

My head snaps to the body next to me. He’s lying on his side, his cheek pressed onto the pillow, his mouth slightly open, and he is still, though barely, holding onto my hand. I slip my hand out of his grip and he stirs. His eyes flutter open. Yoongi groans and stretches with a smile and rolls onto his back.

“Good morning,” he beams, his smile brighter than the afternoon sun outside the windows.

The sunlight streams through the cracks in the blinds, drawing horizontal yellow bars across the room. I check the clock.

“It’s past 1 o’clock in the afternoon,” I tell him with a giggle.

He lifts his head and smiles satisfactorily. “I kept my end of the deal then. Do you have any confessions you’d like to make?” he teases.

I pull off the blankets. “You snore loudly,” I say poking out my tongue as I try climb over him and out the bed.

He snorts, “Sure,” and follows me out.

“Wake up!” someone yells from the other side of the door.

Our heads perk up. Yoongi’s mouth hits the floor, “Ah, I forgot about them—”

“Are you two awake yet?!” yells, who I believe is, Taehyung.

“Shh! Don’t disturb them!” Jimin scowls.

I can hear more footsteps, more members outside the door. “Don’t tell me they’re still sleeping?” Hoseok asks.

There’s loud knocking on the door but is suddenly stops and is followed by arguing. “Jungkook don’t do that!” scolds several voices.

Yoongi looks at me in concern before scurrying around. “Wait here, I’ll grab your jacket from the couch,” he explains before hurrying out.

I can hear all the members greet him with a suggestive tone to which Yoongi would deny anything which they claim. He returns with my jacket, looking slightly exhausted. He hands it to me from the doorway as he pushes the other members back.

“Good morning Areum!” Hoseok cheers from over Yoongi’s shoulder. The others follow after.

Yoongi hisses and pushes him back. “Leave her alone,” he scowls.

I just smile as I zip up my jacket. “Good morning.”

Namjoon comes from behind and swings an arm around Yoongi. He grins and tips his head back, “So—”

Yoongi shakes him off then reached for my hand and leads me to the living room, pushing away the members like they’re paparazzi.

 

“At least stay for lunch,” Seokjin insists just before I’m about to put on my shoes. “Yoongi will be upset if you leave straight awa—”

Yoongi nudges him in the gut and Seokjin stumbles, whinging in pain.

“No, I’ve already stayed for too long,” I smile politely, “Plus I made you sleep on the couch.”

The others have already appeared behind the two of them. The four youngest are pestering Yoongi, poking and teasing him. He scowls and waves them away.

“Don’t worry, I bet Yoongi enjoyed every second of it,” Namjoon grins.

“Ah okay! Okay!” Yoongi interrupts as he pushes in front of them and stands between s and I, “That’s enough!”

They all begin to complain but Yoongi just waves his hand and throws insults back. He then turns to me and asks if I’m alright. “Should I walk you home?” he offers.

I shake my head, “I’ll be alright,” I assure him, “I’ll txt you when I get back.”

“Feel free to visit again,” he says as he leans on the door way. He must’ve forgotten the members were still behind him when he added, ‘I’ll miss you.’

The expression is followed by wooing and mocking sounds of disgust. I laugh and kiss him on the cheek before he can turn around and scold them all.

“I’ll miss you too,” I whisper before pulling back. I take a few steps backwards and wave at the rest of them, “Take care, see you later!”

When I turn to leave I can hear the members barge Yoongi with questions and remarks, their voices loud even as their door clicks close.

 


Author's Note: Oh Yoongi~ ♥ I wrote this bang! in one night/morning. I would have posted it straight away but the internet was turned off and I couldn't bother getting out of bed to turn it on. See? I wrote more that 2 000 words ♥ thanks for the upvoteee~ I hope you like this one too~

Word Count: 2 928

Time Finished: 2:53am