Jungkook and Halla

Hopeful Daydreams {CLOSED}

 

Requested by: Kii-sum

Scenario: Halla is dared to do the Pepero kiss with Jungkook.


 

“Halla!” Jungkook exclaims through the crack of the door. His shock takes a moment to fade but when it does, he grins from ear to ear. He then unlatches the door and gestures me inside.

I smile, “How are you?” I ask as he shuts the door behind me.

He’s still grinning while he looks at the ground and rubs the back of his neck. “Good, good,” he nods shyly. “I’ve mis—”

 “Who is it?!” someone yells from the living room. Our necks snap in the direction of the voice. “Is it Halla?” the members chorus.

“Yes!” I call back. There a chaotic mess of noise then a stampede of footsteps. Taehyung and Jimin appear from the end of the hallway, running our way. I’m suddenly knocked into their arms and suffocated in their cheering.

“We’ve missed you,” they chant as they swing me in their embrace. I can see between their arms, Jungkook coyly watching. He laughs softly when we lock eyes. I feel my heart flutter with just the glimpse of him smiling.

“Hey, knock it off,” Jungkook says and pushes the members away. He grabs my wrist and pulls me into him, wrapping his arms around my shoulders and bringing me into his chest. “Halla is mine,” he says with his lips pressed on the back of my head.

I purse my lips and huddle into my shoulders, curling in embarrassment. The other two roll their eyes and wave their hands, mock disgust written on their faces.

Jungkook take a step beside me and hangs one arm around my shoulders. He tightens his grip slightly so I look up at him. He smiles and nods towards the living room.

“Do you want to see the others?” he asks.

“Oh!” I exclaim then turn to Jimin and Taehyung, then back to him, “I don’t want to intrude.” I know how busy they have been recently and I would hate to be a bother.

Jimin shakes his head. “Come on!” he insists and starts walking back towards the living room. After some insistence, we follow after them.

 

Seokjin and Hoseok look up from the television in pleased surprise. “Halla!” they chant in unison.

I greet them then look around before asking where the remaining two were.

“Namjoon and Yoongi?” Seokjin repeats after me. Jimin and Taehyung take a seat on a pair of pillows placed on the floor. They then steal the remote control from Hoseok and begin switching through channels. The three argue on what program to watch.

“They went out but should be coming back soon—ah!” Seokjin turns to Jungkook, “call them and tell them bring back some snacks!”

Jungkook does so obediently. He takes out his phone and brings it to his ear. “Take a seat,” he says as it dials and politely gestures to the couch. “Is there anything you want in particular?” he adds.

“Pepero,” I say shyly. He nods in agreement, saying he wanted the same.

Seokjin shuffles towards Hoseok, making space for me on the couch. I take a seat and watch Jungkook pace the room with the phone to his ear. I chat with the others for a while before we gradually all become immersed in something on television.

When Jungkook finishes he takes a seat on the armrest beside me and casually rests an arm around my shoulders.

“What are we watching?” he asks, staring at the screen. I explain what had happened so far in the movie and we watch until the other two return.

 

“Hey Halla,” Yoongi and Namjoon greet. I smile and bob my head. They then take out several bags of chips, ice cream and biscuits and place them on the coffee table. The attention suddenly switches from the movie to the food. We all shuffle around the table and pick out snacks to eat.

“There was only one packet of Pepero left,” Yoongi says apologetically as he puts it on the table.

Jungkook insists I have it but I shake my head. “Let’s just share,” I suggest with a smile.

The others settle into a seat with a snack in hand.

Hoseok lifts a brow as he watches Jungkook and I share a packet of Pepero. “How about you two do the Pepero game?” he proposes out of nowhere.

Jungkook and I turn to him with shocked expressions. We both reject in a fluster but the other members begin cheering on the idea.

“Yeah! Do it!” they all repeat in excitement.

Jungkook turns to me with wide eyes, unsure and embarrassed.

I press my lips together. I can feel my heart beat in my ears, booming over their voices. My eyes wander around and for some reason I give in, take a stick and uncertainly bite onto the end. I lift my eyes to Jungkook, he stares back in surprise.

He swallows and bites onto the other end. The members woo. I squeeze my eyes shut. His face is already so close. I take a small bite. He does the same. I can only hear the beating in my chest and feel the heat in my face. I hesitantly open and eye and see Jungkook looking back. He’s so close. His eyes glance down to my lips and he hesitantly bites off a tiny chip of the Pepero. The tip of his nose touches my cheek and I flinch. He hastily pulls back and covers his face. His face is red all the way to his ears. The other members cheer and pat his back, laughing and teasing us.

I cover my mouth, the amount of Pepero left was so little. I eat the remaining but my heart won’t stop beating and the heat won’t leave my cheeks. Unsure what to do, I excuse myself to go to the bathroom.

 

I wash my face with cold water. I look at myself in the mirror, my face curls as I think how close we were to kissing. That would have been my first kiss. My reflection blushes. ‘What do I do?’

I take a while in the bathroom, not that I did anything but wash my face. I just don’t know how to go back out there and face Jungkook.

Nervously I twist the handle and step out of the bathroom. My heart almost stops when I see Jungkook leaning on the wall with his hands in his pockets. He looks up, almost calmly.

Timidly, I approach him and stand next to him. We stand there in silence for a moment until he turns to me.

“Sorry about that,” he apologizes.

I’m not sure why he’s apologizing and for some reason I feel hurt. “T-that’s alright,” I stammer.

He bites his lip, “I didn’t want you to feel forced into—” he coughs into his fist and continues in a hushed voice, “ki-kissing me… if you didn’t want to…” His eyes wander around the room before finding mine.

I stare back at him. His gaze is gentle, almost dazed. I can see how much he loves me just as much as I can feel it. Time seems to slow for a moment, the air around us becoming heavy. It slowly pulls him closer to me. I can feel his breath. He’s so close. He creeps closer until the tip of his nose touches my cheek again. I flinch slightly. He lingers there for a moment. His hand traces my forehead, lightly caressing stray hairs from my face. His gaze gently looks over me until his eyes linger down on my lips. I can feel a hand on the small of my lower back, comfortably pulling me near. I swallow and hold my breath. He waits for me to consent, his lips remaining centimetres from mine. I shut my eyes and he gently kisses my lips. It’s short and sweet.

When we part we’re both blushing and covering our faces. We look around us in embarrassment. “W-we should get back to the others,” Jungkook stutters, nervously glancing at me.

I nod a bit too eagerly, my face burning. “Y-yeah! let’s go!”

 


A/N: sorry this took so long... heh heh ♥ I hope your cousin enjoys this

Word Count: 1 346

 

I'm going to BTS' concert in a week... I'm not going to make it I tell you.