Chanyeol and Krystal

Hopeful Daydreams {CLOSED}

Requested by: amusingmurdermachine

Prompt: 'When people ask what I see in you, I just smile and look away because I'm afraid if they knew they'd fall in love with you too.'


 

The night’s chill bit at her bare skin as she crept out of the dorm, her neck and hands prickling with cold. Krystal walked out towards the main road rubbing her hands up and down her forearms. She stood by the empty road for a while, peering into every parked car. For a moment all she could hear was her own frostbitten breaths and clattering teeth.

“Where is he?” she murmured. Her breaths froze in the air, leaving a sharp tingle on her lips.

Gradually a pair of headlights made their way towards her, splashing the road with light. A familiar face sat in the driver’s seat.

Chanyeol reached across the passenger’s seat to open his girlfriend’s door, slightly disappointed when she opened it before him. He drew his hand back to the wheel and waited for the door to shut before turning to her.

Krystal sat hunched forward with her hands clasped on her elbows. She looked at Chanyeol and asked whether or not the heater was on.

Chanyeol nodded, “It’s up all the way already.”

Krystal winced, “It’s still cold.”

Chanyeol pursed his lips then rubbed his hands together until they were warm. He then took her hands in his and cradled them gently between his. He kissed her fingertips lovingly before lightly breathed into her cupped palms.

Krystal could feel the warmth from her hands sink into her chest, warming her whole body and cheeks. She let him do this for a while until her hands felt like they had been wearing gloves, then she withdrew them and stared at her lap. Her thick brown hair covered her face but nonetheless Chanyeol knew something was wrong.

He frowned. “Sorry I was late,” he said softly as he leaned forward and tucked strands behind her ear.

Krystal shook her head, waving his hand away. “No that’s not it,” she muttered.

Chanyeol waited a moment for her to continue but when she didn’t he leant back in his seat. “What is it? If it’s the fans I can talk to them.” The couple had just announced their relationship after the rumours were buzzing everywhere they went. “We only get to see each other like this,” Chanyeol exclaimed in hushed frustration.

“No it’s not that!” Krystal scowled. Seeing her boyfriend’s hurt expression she apologized. The past weeks had been tough but she had never felt so relieved, she was able to freely talk about him and did so voluntarily but him—?

“You didn’t answer that interviewer’s question,” Krystal pouted.

Chanyeol scratched his head in thought. “What—what was the question?” he asked hesitantly, tilting his head to try meet with her eyes, “If you ask me I promise I’ll answer honestly.”

His eyes were pleading for hers. Krystal gave in and tried to look him in the eye but she could feel the embarrassment flush her face and she immediately dropped them. “W-what do you like about me?” she stuttered.

Chanyeol widened his eyes, heat immediately rushing into his face. “Oh that question,” he said coughing into his fist, hoping it would help recompose him. “I—” he started off shakily, he rubbed the back of his neck shyly, unable to look up. “I like your smile, and your laugh, and your voice—,” he laughed softly, “Sometimes I wish you weren’t a singer so I’d be the only one to know it’s you when you’re talking in the hallway.” He looked up to see her eyes fixed on his.

What kind of expression was it? Sadness? Love? Longing? It was difficult to tell but he couldn’t look away.

“And the way you look at me,” he whispered under his breath.

Krystal pursed her lips. Butterflies were in her stomach, her heart was in and all her blood was in her face. “Why—”

“I’m afraid if they knew they’d fall in love with you too.”

They stared at each other in silence, their hearts beating loudly over each other’s and their eyes gazing at the others— until their lips met. Then their eyes fluttered close and their hearts beat in unison, and the night was no longer cold.