Kai and Allyx

Hopeful Daydreams {CLOSED}

Requested by: amusingmurdermachine

Prompt: cover photo.


 

Kai gently pushes the door aside and is immediately welcomed by the class’ lively atmosphere despite the rather dull weather. Students have their chairs and tables shuffled into friendship groups. Some people sit on their desk, their feet swinging as they yell and point across the room. A pair of boys stand in the front, doodling colourful caricatures of teachers. Their peers both laugh and scowl at them.

Kai looks around but can’t find who he was looking for. He puts his hands in his pockets and quietly wanders around the room, weaving through desks and students. He catches a glimpse of a familiar smile in the middle of a group of boys and girls and swiftly hops over a desk as a shortcut. A couple of students stand over the desk and others are sitting around it. Her head bobs up and down as she switches from sketching to speaking and back again.

Kai carefully makes his way behind the girl sitting, he accidentally trips over something but recovers. She goes to turn around but he hastily covers her eyes with his hands.

“Guess who?”

She laughs and answers simply. “Kai.”

He clicks his tongue in fake disappointment. “What are you doing, Allyx?” he asks as she twists around.

Allyx gestures at her book, “Just drawing.” Kai gives her a look and she knowingly hands the exercise book to him.

He flicks through them, skimming past short anecdotes and quotes written in the corners of previous drawings in immaculate handwriting. He can hear Allyx causally chatter with her classmates around her.

“Allyx, you’re so talented!” exclaims one girl sitting in front of her, “and pretty!” she adds before Allyx can deny the first compliment.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” another girl interrupts eagerly.

Kai smirks and lifts his eyes from the book. He’s slightly disappointed she doesn’t reply immediately.

The second girl leans in and whispers, but in loud enough for Kai to hear, “Is it him?”

Allyx laughs shyly and waves her off, before she can respond one of the boys intrude. “If you’re not dating anyone, how about me?” he grins as he points at himself.

Kai immediately slams them book. Without notice he then leans over Allyx and places it back on her desk, his chest pressed against her head. “Should we go now?” he says as he takes a step back.

“Huh?” Allyx hums, her female classmates stare at Kai expectantly.

Impatiently, Kai pulls back her chair. “C’mon, don’t tell me you forgot?” he whinges, tilting his head to the side. Allyx continues to stare at him in confusion. “Our date,” Kai exclaims frankly. He then suddenly begins walking away, “Should I go alone?” he mumbles.

Allyx quickly shoots up from her chair and chases after him. “No!” she yells as he pulls on his arm.

“Nope, too late! I’m going alone!” Kai says with a I’m-over-it face and continues trying to walk out of the classroom.

Allyx continues trying to tug him back. “Noo!” she whinges between giggles.

Kai bursts into laughter as he begins pulling her and himself towards the door. “You’ve hurt my feelings!” he grumbles immaturely.

Allyx laughs and pulls on his arm harder, her feet sliding closer to him. “I’m sooorry!” she whines until she’s fallen by his feet. She bursts out laughing, only remembering now that they were still in the classroom with everyone watching.

Kai turns around and holds out a hand in front of her. Allyx slaps it away, crosses her arms and pouts.

Kai rubs the back of his neck, a warm smile plastered on his face. “Sorry, c’mon let’s go before lunch ends.”

Allyx shrugs and lets him help her up. He doesn’t let go of her hand even after she’s standing or after they’ve left the classroom.

 


Author's note: behold the fluffy greasiness!