Kai and Allyx + Chanyeol and Krystal

Hopeful Daydreams {CLOSED}

Requested by: amusingmurdermachine

Scenario: Kai x Allyx and Chanyeol x Krystal go on a double date. The latter, hint at being the "awesomer couple" and the two pairs indirectly start a competition to prove which couple is the best. 

 


 

“When do you think Chanyeol and Krystal will get here?” I ask as I slide into a booth.

Kai purses his lips in thought before sliding in next to me. “I’ll message them,” he assures me.

The four of us decided to go on a double date to a new pizza joint the boys wanted to try. The place is still spacious since not many people seem to know about it yet.

I check the time on my phone, “We’re ten minutes early anyway,” I reason.

Kai nods and reaches out for the menus. He hands one to me and smiles, “Let’s just look through it until they arrive.”

 

The couple arrive five minutes later, hand in hand. We wave to them and they blissfully walk over to our table.

“Hello!” they greet us with bright smiles. Chanyeol motions Krystal to sit first. She slides into the bench opposite us followed by Chanyeol.

He shuffles closer to her and they share a menu despite there being enough for both of them to have their own. They read through it close together, commenting on some dishes with a smile. They look like a real cute couple.

I look to Kai and pout. He looks flustered, unsure why I’m making such an expression. He looks at the two opposite us then back at me, then back at the two, then at me. He widens his eyes in realisation, pulls out his arm and hangs it around my shoulders.

Krystal looks up from the menu. “What are you two going to get?” she asks with a smile, “You’re sharing too, right?”

Simultaneously, we call out what we want. Kai and I turn to each other, we both want different orders. He shrugs and laughs it off, “We haven’t quite decided.”

“That’s okay!” Krystal smiles. She then links arms with Chanyeol and tugs him closer despite already being shoulder-to-shoulder. “The Chef’s Special?” she confirms with him. Chanyeol nods in agreement, a satisfied look on his face.

Kai lifts a brow and gives me a look. He widens his eyes as he tries to telepathically tell me something. I shake my head in confusion and he begins mouthing his message. I grumble.

“What?” I hiss under my breath.

He rolls his eyes. “Never mind,” he whispers back. He then straightens up and pulls me closer. I shuffle towards him until our thighs are touching.

“How about the Hawaiin pizza?” Kai asks as he relooks through the menu.

I pull on a smile and nod despite not being fully satisfied with the order. “Sure!” I cheer.

 

Both the orders arrive at the same time. Their aromas mingle together, steam wafting above the two large pizzas.

Krystal clasps her hands together in glee. Chanyeol laughs and takes her plate. He picks out the largest slice with the most toppings and places the plate in front of her.

She pouts and complains she’ll gain weight. He chuckles and pinches her cheek. “You’ll look pretty either way,” he teases.

Krystal laughs and waves off his hand. She takes the slice and blows on it until the tip must be cool enough. She then brings it towards Chanyeol. “Say Ahh,” she says.

Chanyeol takes a bite. He pulls back and grins, “It’s delicious,” he says. He nods in satisfaction, takes his own piece and does the same for her.

Kai and I look to each other in uncertainty and we have another telepathic conversation. Firstly with only our eyes, then our facial expression, mouthing and then impulsively humming.

The other two laugh and ask what we’re doing.

“You haven’t even eaten yet,” Chanyeol adds as he eyes our untouched pizza.

“W-we’re waiting for it to cool!” Kai blurts. I nod in agreement. He then awkwardly picks out a slice for me. “Here you go,” he chants as he places it before me.

As the other two occupy themselves with each other, I slowly lean to Kai and gesture him to tilt his head.

“I don’t like pineapples,” I remind him. For some reason, I feel like if I said it for the other two to hear they would question the genuineness of our relationship.

Kai gasps softly and nods in understanding. He takes his fork and begins picking off the pineapples and adding them to his slice.

 

“Oh,” Chanyeol exclaims as he notices Kai taking off the pineapples of my second slice. “You don’t like pineapples, Allyx?” he asks.

Krystal glances at my plate then turns to Kai, “You should have ordered something else your girlfriend lik—”

“Ah no!” I interrupt, “I like this kind of pizza!" I insist. "Even though I don’t like pineapples, Kai does. Right, Kai?” I explain and nudge him for back up.

He nods hastily, “Love them!” he blurts. “We complete each other!” he adds cheesily.

I stiffen my face from cringing. I then pick up the last couple of pineapples of the slice with my fork and feed it to Kai. “Say Ahh!” I say just like Krystal had earlier.

Kai looks a little shocked since we never do this. He smiles awkwardly before opening his mouth and eating the pineapples. “Delicious!” he says before almost choking.

Chanyeol and Krystal laugh contently. When their laughter softens into hums, Chanyeol leans in and gently kisses her on the brow. She smiles before kissing him on the lips. When they part, they warm up in each other’s embrace.

Again, Kai and I turn to each other. He lifts a brow as to ask if we should mirror them again. I shrug. He appears to think for a moment then gestures me to rest on his shoulder. I nod in determination and obediently do so.

“Hmm, I’m full!” I say as I casually rest on his shoulder. Kai then hugs my shoulders and kisses the top of my head.

Chanyeol and Krystal smile, still in each other’s arms. “You two look so cute,” Krystal giggles.

I smile smugly and nod, “You guys do too.”

Krystal laughs shyly and looks up at Chanyeol. He smiles down at her and kisses the tip of her nose. They then exchange compliments.

Copying them we turn to each other despite having no words in mind. Doing his best to top them, Kai stutters and for the first time ever says, “I-I love you!”

My eyes widen and I sit up. My mouth gapes as I gaze back at him. He blinks and repeats himself, this time with more certainty and sincerity.

“I love you too…” I say softly in absolute awe.

The other two ‘aw’ at us, looking slightly surprised as well by the situation. Krystal playfully hits Chanyeol, whinging why he couldn’t be that sweet.

 

When we all finish and the other two depart, Kai suddenly turns to me in shock.

“You said it!” he exclaims, pointing at me.

I blink and open my mouth, I stutter on my words before they come out. “You said it first!” I rebut.

We stand there for a moment, childishly pointing fingers and opening our mouths, miming an argument. Kai then laughs and hooks an arm around my shoulders.

“I’m glad you said it back,” he admits.

I nod and laugh softly, “I’m glad you said it.”

He grins and he begins walking me home. “Well, today was fun,” he hums, still grinning.

 


A/N: like this? ...writing this was fun XD I made it longer than the last one too!

Word Count: 1 216