Taehyung (V) and Taehee

Hopeful Daydreams {CLOSED}

Requested by: amusingmurdermachine

Prompt: Taehee is Taehyung's schoolmate whom he's been crushing on for months. He doesn't know how else to approach the girl he likes because in his experience, he always strikes out for being too straightforward. When he finds out that she delivers for a pizza place, he keeps ordering pizza to see her but he has no idea how to make a progress from there, especially that Taehee is too much of a workaholic to take a hint.


 

“Let’s order pizza!” Jimin suggests as he threw himself on the couch next to Jungkook. Jungkook’s eyes lit up at the proposal, nodding eagerly to the others.

Yoongi raises a brow as he switches the channels of the television, in search for something less real and repetitive than the news. “Sure,” he mumbles once he finally settles for a movie that’s already on its way to finishing.

Hoseok grumbles, complaining that they had no idea what was happening in the movie. He is then cursed at and ignored so he returns to the subject of food. “Pizza sounds good,” he chants as he reluctantly sits back and watches the movie.

Namjoon and Jin agree. They then get to the hard part, deciding which pizzas to buy—

“Can we add pineapple?” Jungkook asks.

Jimin’s upper lip twitches and he immediately rejects.

All seven of them lean in towards the tablet as Yoongi scrolls through the limitless options. He quickly scrolls past the deals so that Jin doesn’t bother them to get the cheaper, blander kinds of pizzas.  

“I want thin crust,” Taehyung points out as he taps on the screen.

Yoongi waves his hand away. “No, let’s get stuffed crust,” he says with casual firmness.  He cancels Taehyung’s order and goes back to browsing.

“We can get three pizzas; one stuffed crust, one normal and one thin crust,” Jin suggests. There is peace and unity for a moment.

“Can we have pineapple on the stuffed crust one?” Jungkook gleefully persists.

Jimin takes his eyes off the tablet to glare at him. “This rascal,” he scowls under his breath.

Jin draws a breath and lets the kids discuss it between themselves, now wishing they had picked something else to eat. He also begins to wonder why there aren’t any 2-for-1 deals. “Hoseok what do you want?” Jin asks bitterly when Yoongi insists there aren’t any deals.

Hoseok, who’s undeniably been into the movie he had just complained about, finally avert his attention from the screen. “Anything is fine,” he replies laxly before returning to the movie.

“Let’s get Meat Lovers,” Namjoon says as he taps the screen.

Hoseok flinches. He smiles awkwardly, “That’s a bit—”

“You said anything!” Namjoon groans.

They go on for a good half an hour until they settle on buying four pizzas and some sides; Jimin is regretfully left to fend from the pineapples on the stuffed crust. Sullenly, now he wishes he had suggested takeaway.

 

Twenty minutes later there is a knock on the dormitory door. Still caught up in the movie, Hoseok taps on Taehyung’s leg to tell him to get the door. Taehyung obediently rises and rushes to the door, almost slipping in his socks as he does so. He grabs the handle to steady himself then excitedly pulls the door open, exposing the whole hallway behind him to the world outside. His gaping grin and wide-eyed expression freezes when the deliverer lifts their head.

Two dark doe-like eyes stare up at him from under the brim of the greasy pizza joint cap, they are framed in long lush lashes that tickle her upper lids; her small nose is shaded by the cap, appearing as a button of light on the tip of her porcelain skin; her parted pink lips slowly form a sweet smile as her cheeks flush in amusement.

“S-Son Taehee?” Taehyung stutters as he recomposes himself by the door. He holds onto the door frame with one hand and covers his mouth in disbelief with the other.

Taehee chuckles lightly and nods. “Did you order pizza?” she asks, from her famous schoolmate’s reaction he appeared shocked to find pizza by his doorstep.

Taehyung’s mouth opens and closes like a goldfish, indecisive of how to respond. He laughs shyly. “Yeah, yeah,” he repeats, bashfully rubbing the back of his neck.

“Hey what’s taking you so long?!” Yoongi bellows from the living room. He pops his head out from the corner, Taehyung is looking over his shoulder, Yoongi pauses for a moment when he sees the girl. “Do you need money, Taehyung?” he asks belatedly.

Taehyung looks between the two of them, obviously flustered before rushing back to the living room to receive some notes from Yoongi. He takes the pizzas before handing Taehee the money, when his fingertips graze her palm he instantly looks up, his eyes clashing to hers causing him to almost drop the coins. He laughs nervously before exchanging a quick set of farewells.

 

As he places the food on the table, Taehyung is immediately bombarded with questions by his already-informed-by-Yoongi members.

“Who was the girl?” Jimin teases with a playful punch on his friend’s shoulder.

“Is she pretty?” Namjoon grins.

Yoongi nods in confirmation after Taehyung fails to snap out of his daze.

Son Taehee. The girl Taehyung has a hopeless crush on. Hopeless since he can’t talk to her—or more accurately, it would be better if he doesn’t. After being told time and time again, Taehyung had long figured he was too frank when he spoke, usually he wouldn’t mind what people thought but Taehee was a special case. He didn’t want her to hate him, so he restrained himself from blurting out everything on his mind causing him to be a gaping mess. He wasn’t even too sure whether or not Taehee knew him since they had no classes together, he knew her by the times they passed each other in the hallways and through consistent pestering and questioning of his friends who knew her friends. They had had few chances to directly get to know each other. He had talked to her a few times but not in a full-length conversation. After the first chat, he was left with a regretful lot of said words and nonsense blabbering. ‘Why did I say that?’ ‘That was so stupid’ and other thoughts filled his mind after every interaction.

While Taehyung was still absent-mindedly staring ahead of him, Jimin took the last slice of the thin crusted pizza he had ordered.

 

***

 

“Let’s buy pizza,” Taehyung suggests eagerly.

Everyone groans. Jin frowns and rejects. “We’ve ordered pizza every day for the two past week,” he scolds, “You’ll get fat when you’re older.”

Taehyung slumps into his seat and grumbles to himself irritably. Namjoon gives him a sympathetic glance and pats his shoulder, asking why he wouldn’t just go up to her and straight out tell her he’s interested.

Taehyung throws his head into his hands. “Haven’t I made it obvious enough??” he whinges impatiently.

The other members look at each other ineptly. He had made it so obvious even a blind man could see his feelings. It appeared that Son Taehee was just too much of a workaholic to see Taehyung as more than a customer. With no advice left up his sleeve, Namjoon opts for silence; he presses his lips into a thin line and nods in ambiguous thought.

Jungkook his head to the side. “How about you tell her upfront?”

Taehyung briskly shakes his head. “I’ll say something stupid, I’m sure of it,” he murmurs is shame. He massages his temples, anxious yet impatient. Honestly he couldn’t eat another slice of pizza. Just the thought of it made him feel like he was about to hurl.

“Do you have her number?” Hoseok asks as he returns empty handed from a trip to the fridge, “Call her and ask her out.” He takes a seat next to his troubled friend and hooks an arm around his shoulder, teasingly knuckling his head.

Not up for Hoseok’s games, Taehyung intolerantly pulls out of his grasp. “I don’t have her number,” he sulks.

Jimin then appears out of nowhere with the phone to his ear, number already dialled. He grins cheekily as he passes the phone to Taehyung who stares at him in suspicion when he refuses to tell him who it is.

Nonetheless, he brings the phone to his ear.

“Hello?” chirps the voice on the other end.

Taehyung widens his eyes and stares at Jimin in disbelief. “T-Taehee?” he gasps, “How’d Jimin get your number??”

Jimin’s eyes widen as he hastily shakes his head and waves his hands, mouthing random jibberish. Taehyung watches him is confusion.

“Taehyung? Huh? He called my work—” Taehee replies, “Didn’t you want to order more pizza?”

Taehyung blinks. He’s slightly disappointed but has no idea how to explain his sudden burst of excitement. “Uhh—”

“Did you want to talk to me?” Taehee asks after a long droning silence.

“Yes, I mean—yeah.”

There’s a muffled noise over the line as Taehee switches the phone to the other ear. “Well I’m at work right now—” there’s more muffled noises and someone scolding from the background. “How about we meet up after my shift?” she suggests hastily, “I finish at five.”

“Okay it’s a date!” Taehyung beams.

“Huh? Wait wha—” There’s more background yelling and scolding.

“Alright I’m going to hang up before you lose your job, okay?” Taehyung interrupts, “I’ll see you at five!” He immediately ends the call before Taehee can object to the meeting being a ‘date.’

Taehyung looks up from the phone with a refreshed smile, it only grows when the members stare at him in shock.

“You really are straight forward,” Jungkook blinks in stunned amusement.