Taehyung (V) and Yining

Hopeful Daydreams {CLOSED}

My feelings right now are being demonstrated above: 'I'm done! Yes! Ah~'

 

Requested by: ChainedApple (my dear persistent/impatient/demanding best friend who should love me more than she already does)

Prompt: "Semi-build up plot, kiss on the rain peak, doki doki feelings (min. 2500 words)"  you guys should have heard all her guidelines.

Author's Note: 2 909 words you ! and it's 2:15am! AND I FINISHED IT BECAUSE YOU KEEP COMPLAIIIIIIIIIIINING!!! I WOULD SWEAR BUT I SHOULDNT!! NOW GO READ MY PARADOX ONLINE DRAFT. YES THIS IS SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION. PLEASE CLICK THE LINK TO THE STORY.

I didn't and don't plan to double check this. So this is how it was written. After I wrote a paragraph, I never reread it. So enjoy. This was longer that my essay I had to write in 6 weeks. I am in the garage. I am blabbering because I am tired. and cold. the heater is on and I have a blanket and everything but it is still cold. don't complain about the story. don't ever make me write something so demanding.ever.again.

PS. get your on your account and subscribe to this.

LOVE IT OR LOVE IT.

 

 

THE.

 

END.

 


 

I my head to the side as my flatmate and I wait for time to pass by watching television. We’re sprawled out on the couch, flicking through channels. The sun is spilling out from between the crack of the curtains beside us despite the weather forecast predicting rain.

Ahri twists her head to look out the window. “Do you think it’ll rain?”

I shrug limply and turn off the television. I stand up and stretch, “there’s never anything on, on Saturdays!” I complain.

Ahri hums in response and curls up lazily in the corner of the couch. While flicking through her phone, her eyes suddenly light up. “Oh!” she exclaims, abruptly sitting up, “I forgot to tell you—Hoseok’s coming over.”

I lift a brow—another night of watching the lovebirds?

“Should I go somewhere else?” I ask, rather reluctant to spend the night out.

Ahri stays silent and instead she grins. Something’s up.

“What is it?” I grumble, crossing my arms and looking down at her.

She smiles smugly and leans back in her seat. “I told him to bring someone,” she chants with a sly look in her eyes.

My eyes widen and I can’t help my lips from curling up slightly. I grip my sleeves, my hopes fluttering. I know she can read the look on my face, why else would she trouble herself to invite him, but nonetheless I act oblivious. “Oh really, who?” I ask calmly.

Ahri rolls her eyes “Taehyung obviously.”

After a few moments Ahri excuses herself to go take a shower. She’s the type of person who takes showers in the afternoon or in the morning before she leaves for somewhere, whereas I’m the type who takes them at night before sleeping.

I can hear the shower cap turn on as I collapse back onto the couch. I sit on the edge with my elbows on my lap and my face pressed between my hands. I can feel fluttering in my chest as I unconsciously begin biting my nails. I can feel my blood flush my cheeks. ‘He’s coming here?’ I purse my lips and frivolously shake my head. I’ve met Taehyung on a couple of occasions already through Ahri and Hoseok. The first time I met him was when Ahri and I went out shopping and we bumped into him and his friend.

 

“Oh, this is Yining!” Ahri said abruptly in the middle of her conversation with the two boys.

Taehyung had dark brown hair and a tall slim figure. He smiled brightly as he introduced himself to me. “Hello I’m Taehyung,” he said rather shyly. He then swung an arm around the boy next to him who he introduced as Jimin.

“They’re Hoseok’s friends,” Ahri later explained after they had left, cheekily adding that both of them were free.

 

The second time we met was at our house warming party. This is the first flat Ahri and I have rented so we decided to throw a humble party. Admittedly, I was happy to hear his name when Ahri listed who she’d be inviting. During the party, I was able to have a conversation with him. He seemed extremely excited and close to everyone, casually sneaking up on people from behind and making small talk before moving onto the next.  

 

“Do you know everyone here?” I laughed when he got to me.

He was slightly out of breath but still grinning from ear to ear. He dumped his next to me and shrugged, “No,” he admitted simply. “Only…” he pointed and named several boys along with Hoseok and the boy he was with last time, “And Ahri—” he paused then added with a bright smile, “and you!”

I laughed and found myself surprisingly at ease.

“Yining, right?” he said tilting his head.

My heart skipped a beat, hearing my name come from his lips. I was somewhat surprised he remembered and became flustered. “Yeah,” I said as my eyes drifted away.

There was a short silence before he interjected, “Do you remember me?” He looked eager to know the answer. His eyes were wide, staring back at me expectantly.

“Taehyung,” I replied. It wasn’t hard to remember since honestly it had been running through my mind on repeat for some time.

He grinned gleefully, his eyes becoming arches under his fringe. “It’s nice,” he chuckled as he leant over and rested his cheek in his palm. He gazed up at me with a fulfilled expression.

I furrowed my brows, “What is?”

“The way you say it—”

I cocked my head.

“—my name,” he explained with a soft chuckle.

 

My face curls in embarrassment. I shake my head as thoughts fluster my mind. I squish my face between my hands, hoping it’d help. Should’ve I said something at that time? I could have reacted better. Maybe I should have—

I squeal and kick my feet. I throw my body onto the couch and stare distantly at the black television screen. “What’s wrong with me…?” I mumble to myself. I suddenly sit back up as I come to a realisation—

“Ahri?!” I call out. I have to call her a few times before she hears me over the water. “When is Taehy—um—when are they coming?”

She takes a while to respond.  “Two o’clock?” she replies unsurely, “-ish.”

I purse my lips. That’s in an hour. I quickly rush into my bedroom to change into something decent. I put on a subtle amount of makeup, not that I usually put any on.

 

There’s a knock on the door fifteen minutes earlier than mentioned. Ahri rushes to open it and is immediately engulfed into her boyfriend’s arms. After finally letting go, Hoseok comfortably walks in. I find myself biting my nails, my head in a whirl when he isn’t immediately followed by anyone.

There’s a pause before Ahri smiles and gestures inside, “Come in,” she says to seemingly no one.

Hesitantly, Taehyung walks in, looking around before locking eyes with me. “Hello,” he beams.

I greet him, slightly distracted by the look Ahri is giving me. She smirks as if to smugly say, ‘you’re welcome.’

 

“So,” Ahri exclaims as she clasps her hands. She’s standing beside the couch while Hoseok is sitting on the armrest next to her, Taehyung sits on the couch, and I stand between them and the television.

I cross my arms, anxiously gripping my forearms.  ‘Should I just naturally take the seat next to Taehyung? Will I seem too straight forward? But maybe Hoseok will want to sit there… I should let the guests have a seat—’

“Yining.”

I snap out of my thoughts. “Huh?”

Taehyung smiles and taps the seat beside him, “sit next to me.”

I don’t know how to react so I just nod frantically. I shuffle towards him. My face feels hot. ‘I wonder if he noticed.’

The silence seems to linger on forever until Ahri begins to tug at Hoseok’s arm. “C’mon!” she insists, pulling him up.

“What? What? What?” he complains repeatedly but nonetheless follows after her.

“We’ll pick the movie,” she grins over her shoulder and leads her boyfriend to the hallway where we keep our collection of CDs and movies.

 

“How have you been?” Taehyung asks casually.

“Good, and you?”

He nods with a polite smile in response. The conversation immediately runs dry. ‘He wasn’t like this at the party?’

Did—did you know I was coming?” he asks after a moment. The look in his eyes is serious yet gentle. I nod.

He smiles, his eyes crinkling. “Were—” he hesitates, drops eye contact and mumbles the rest, “you happy…to… know… I was coming?”

He stares coyly at the ground. I look down at my lap, caught off guard by his question. Without realising it, my gaze moves to his socked feet and I watch him tap his toes together—there’s nothing else to it, just the simple act seems endearing for some reason. I find myself smiling as a gentle warmth fills the room.

“Mhm,” I respond before I think it through. His foot tapping comes to a clumsy pause. In the silence I can hear Ahri and Hoseok chattering in the hallway. I lift my eyes. I want to see the expression he’s making.

He’s already staring back at me. His eyes grow and his face burns red before he hastily turns his head.

“N-nothing!” he stutters despite me not saying anything. With his ears red, I can see him grit his teeth and scold himself under his breath. He covers his mouth with his hand, his brows furrowed in agitated embarrassment. His eyes flicker back to me but he immediately drops again.

I purse my lips, unsure where to look anymore. My eyes wander the room, my face warming by the second. I’m not sure if I want this to end or drag on longer. My palms are beginning to feel sweaty, my heart drumming loudly in the silence.

“Ah,” Taehyung coughs, clearing his throat.

My eyes glance at him before I turn my head. “Yeah?” I hum nervously.

His whole body is facing the television, obviously tense and stiff, his fists tightly clasped on his knees. “Um…” he mutters, his eyes glancing back at me. He hesitates. “Sorry, I actually have nothing to say,” he chuckles softly and rubs the back of his neck, an embarrassed smile on his face.

“You make me speechless—” he later adds with a nervous grin. He then immediately regrets it. He waves his hands in the air, “I-I-I mean—no—! Uh—like—” he stops, his mouth gaping before biting down on his words. “N-never mind!” he finishes hastily. ‘Stupid.’ I can hear him mutter to himself.

I press my lips together. ‘What do I do?’

Fortunately for the both of us, Ahri and Hoseok reappears with a movie waving high above Hoseok’s head.

“Insideous!” he cheers triumphantly. Ahri is jumping up and down trying to take the movie from him. She resorts to begging.

“Not a horror movie!” she whinges.

Hoseok smirks, “We watched your movie last time,” he reasons, “and I’ve wanted to watch this for a while!”

I laugh, approving when Hoseok asks us if his choice of film was alright.

“Majority rules,” he shrugs, cruelly rejecting Ahri’s pleas.

I lift my brow as he approaches the couch. He returns the look as if to say, ‘I know you know that I know that Ahri will be scared and want to cuddle with me,’ he then laughs bashfully and pats my shoulder.

“Move to the side,” he says, tipping his head towards Taehyung.

I’m too embarrassed to move any closer to him. “Sit on the ground, we can’t fit.”

He scowls, “Of course we can!” and shoves me aside.

I knock into Taehyung, squeezed tightly into his chest. I turn my head to apologize. His face is too close. He looks down at me in shock, his lips are slightly parted and his nose, if any closer, would touch the gap between my brows.

“S-sorry!” I screech a bit too loudly and turn my head frantically, “Where’s the remote?!”

Ahri is still standing in front of the television with her arms crossed pouting at Hoseok, even so she obediently plays the movie with a pout on her face.

I braced myself for a long movie.

 

It’s about five o’ clock in the evening when it finishes. Throughout the movie Ahri was jolting in fright. Rather than cuddling with Hoseok like he had hoped, she would accidentally hit him with her elbow or arms whenever she threw her hands up or shut herself into a ball. He looked pretty beaten up by the end of it.

During the movie I could only hear my heartbeat and Taehyung’s breathing. I found my breathing pattern became in sync with his at some point. I couldn’t focus on the screen at all. From time to time he would tense up or look away from the screen in fright. Each time he verbally expressed his fright or jolted, he’d apologize.

I admit, in the middle of the movie I pretended to act scared. I huddled closer to him, squirming slightly. He glanced at me in concern, shuffled a bit and smoothly placed an arm around my shoulders. He squeezed my shoulder, his eyes still locked on the movie, and comforted me.

“It’s okay, it’s just a movie,” he said in a low voice.

Because of this it became harder to look him in the eye when we turned the lights back on.

 

Hoseok begins to complain to Ahri who argues it wouldn’t have happened if they picked a different movie. Taehyung and I exchange glances, smiling to ourselves.

“Gah!” Hoseok grumbles, “I’m hungry! I want ramen!”

“We ran out,” I tell him.

He looks offended, “What do you have then?”

“I can go out and buy some,” I offer. Hoseok beams. After some discussion, I have a list of items to buy from the convenience store nearby.

 

Taehyung gets up from the couch when I do. I look at him with a confused expression.

“It’s already dark outside,” he says, “I’ll come too.”

Before I can reject his offer Hoseok agrees with him. “Hurry up, both of you go I’m hungry!”

“We’re going! We’re going!” I hiss over my shoulder as we’re about to leave.

Taehyung follows me out and we begin on our way out.

“Ah!” Ahri suddenly pops her head out of the door, “Bring an umbrella! It’s going to rain.”

We both look up at the sky. It’s beginning to look dark but we reason it’s because it’s getting late. I wave a hand, “We’ll be fine!”

 

It didn’t rain. We enter the convenience store as dry as we had left the apartment. On the way there we chatted lightly about this and that, our fingers softly brushing from time to time. Both of us pretended to think nothing of it.

Obediently, Taehyung fetches everything that’s on the list and we bring them to the counter. I was about to pay but he had already given the cash to the cashier lady.

The lady smiled, the wrinkles on her face becoming wore prominent. “What a nice couple, must be nice to be young,” she chants as I reach out to take the bags. Taehyung instantly tries taking them from me but I whisk them away.

“I can do this,” I say determined.

 

“They’re not heavy,” I say to him when we exit the store and he insists he at least carry one or two of the three.

“It should be easy for me to carry them then,” he reasons, “besides—” he takes two of the bags that I hold between us with his outer hand, “you should have this hand free!” he states shamelessly as his face becomes pink.

Does he want to hold hands?’

Then it came down—the rain.

 

We rush under the cover of a bus stop, our clothes completely soaked. It’s pouring like the clouds are falling from the sky. We drop the plastic bags down on the seats beside us. They’re already wet so we don’t bother sitting on them. Some rain still falls by our feet and in big gushes hits us when the wind blows it right. My hair and clothes cling to my skin. My body is shaking. It’s so cold.

Taehyung notices me rubbing my arms. He gazes at me until I turn to him.

“We should have brought an umbrella,” he chuckles as he takes my hands. He cups them in his and lightly breathes into them. His breath is warm and sticks to my skin. He then begins rubbing them between his, completely focused. Then he lifts his eyes.

Our eyes lock and this time he doesn’t drop his gaze. Slowly, his hands make their way up my forearms and neck until his long fingers are tracing my jaw, down to my chin. His eyes gaze at me, my lips. I close my eyes. He brings his lips to mine.

It feels warm in the cold rain. His lips are soft and moist, gently kissing me. I feel a warmth spread in my body. His hands are on my neck and back, pulling me close. My fingers comb through his wet hair. And I never want the rain to stop.

 

We knock on the door, our fingers laced together, smiling despite being soaked head to toe. Ahri worriedly ushers us in. She’s prepared towels that we wrap ourselves into.

Taehyung lifts an arm, looking like a towel-winged bat, and I shuffled next to him. He embraces me, squeezing me tightly. I feel his chin rest on my head as he shifts his weight from foot to foot so we’re swaying side to side. I giggle as he kisses the top of my head.

I can see Ahri’s satisfied smile as she places some hot tea on the coffee table in front of us. Hoseok then wanders into the room. He looks at the table, to Taehyung and I, then at Ahri, his expression growing more confused each time.

“What?” he coughs, “Where’s the ramen?”

We all pause. Taehyung stops swaying and we look at each other for a moment, then we realise—

“Aaah!” we exclaim in unison, “The bus stop—”

“What?” Ahri chirps.

Taehyung and I exchange looks. He grins and hugs me again, “It’s a secret!”