Kyungsoo and Fira

Hopeful Daydreams {CLOSED}

I'm sorry if this ain't him... I don't exo. I'm pretty sure it is though right? Or am I digging myself a grave right now?

 

Requested by: lulabyx
Scenario: Kyungsoo finds a stranger crying in the men's bathroom; "I thought she was a little girl"

WARNING: there's no actual scenes but some parts may seem suggestive. If you would like to skip it go to the ***. Sorry I thought for awhile but I didn't know why else a girl would go to the men's bathroom's to cry.


I press my back against the tree and take a deep breath as I attempt to sort out my thoughts. ‘This must be a misunderstanding! She’s probably just a friend—or just a classmate—’

I purse my lips and convince myself to take a second look, ‘it might not have even been him. I may have saw wrong.’

Cautiously I shuffle around the trunk, my clothes scraping the bark, and glance at the couple flirting in front of the playground. Their fingers are loosely laced together, the girl giggling as she sways back and forth—probably because she’s so skinny the wind could take her. She playfully swings the man’s arms around until he wraps them around her waist and pulls her in for a kiss—for far longer than any I’ve ever had so I begin to doubt it’s him, but when he pulls away and looks lovingly down at her I know it’s him. He looks at me with those same eyes, with that same look of admiration—don’t tell me.

The girl smiles and they kiss a second time, this time for shorter because he almost instantly pulls away. He holds her hands as he looks around them before turning back to her with a grin. ‘What?’ I can read her lips say. In response he leads her towards the bathroom close by, at first I thought they were coming towards me.

I clasp my hands over my mouth and hold my breath as they pause for a moment in front of the isolated shelter. I can hear the woman’s voice faintly over the wind and rustling of leaves.

“What happens if your girlfriend finds out?”

“Fira?” he snorts, “that girl is so naïve—you’re more my type.”

With that he, somehow, wins her over and leads her into the men’s bathroom.

I throw my back onto the trunk of the tree and slowly wither down to its roots. My mouth is gaping, my brows furrowed in confusion. “There’s—n-no way!” I shake my head in denial, “he wouldn’t! My boyfriend isn’t that type of person!”

I suddenly get up and march towards the bathroom shelter, but with each step my faith begins to waver. ‘Is he even my boyfriend anymore…?’ I look up and stare at the sign on the men’s bathroom entrance. It’s one of those bathrooms with no door but instead a wall and corner to walk through. It’s dark and the tiles of the wall appear less and less inviting. ‘There must have been a mistake…’ I tell myself as I take a step inside, ‘I’ll prove it to myself—my boyfriend isn’t that type of person.’

I take silent steps into the bathroom. I can hear they’re heavy breathing. I stop by the end of the wall and peak around the corner before continuing. I’m somewhat relieved to find the space empty. Despite the emptiness their breathing is mulled into a cloud of breaths and moans that fill the room. Men’s urinals line one wall, the other is lined with sinks and another with stalls. ‘They must be in one of the stalls—’

I cautiously tip toe to the first stall but I didn’t have to, to know which stall they’re in. Only one stall is occupied—obviously with more than the standard single person despite only two feet being on the ground. Their bodies bang onto the cubicle’s stall, I can hear them kissing.

My knees are about to give in as I watch the shadows dance on the ground. My mind and emotions begin to blur, a chaos brewing inside me. My stomach has hit the floor, my soul leaves my body but still I stare. I watch the shadows play and the breaths overlap but this feeling isn’t disgust—it aches. I loose feeling in my body and slip, my shoes squeaking on the floor as I grab onto the stall for support.

 

***

 

They stop. I can hear the woman whisper something in a panic and they argue under their breath for a moment before fumbling with the lock. They’re going to come out.

Instinctively I rush into the first stall and shut the door.  I don’t lock it, there’s not enough time, I just hope it doesn’t open. The toilet looks disgusting and I hesitate to sit on it. I drop the lid and sit down, lift my legs and tuck my knees into my chest. I hold my breath, my tears tapping at my eyes but I’m too scared and shocked to cry—just yet.

“See there’s no one here—”

“I swear I heard someone!” mutters the woman, “Let’s just go somewhere else!”

He agrees and they leave.

They’re gone. He’s gone.’ I’m still holding my breath. ‘Was it all a lie? Was I played… or am I just a fool?’ Suddenly I burst out crying. It hits me like an endless tsunami, waves of emotions and memories hitting me until I’m numb. ‘I thought he could have been the one… I thought he loved me… I thought... I thought…’

I was wrong.

I hear footsteps. I try to hold my breath but instead my breathing comes out in abrupt bursts. I sniffle, my nose congested.

I can hear the man do his business, do his fly back up then shuffle to the sink and clean his hands. When the sink turns off I can hear his footsteps hesitate to leave.

My hiccupping and sniffling gives me away.

“Hello?” says the man. I can hear him approach the stalls, “hello?” he calls again.

I sniffle, annoyed at myself for not being able to stay silent, and hug my knees tighter.

There’s a silence before he calls again, this time in a softer voice, “Are you okay?”

Am I okay?’ I bite down on my lips, my sniffles colliding until tears are falling down my cheeks again. I cry out loud.

“Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!” the man exclaims in shock, I can hear him run around, his sneakers squeaking. “W-where are you? Where are your parents?”

Parents?’

“Should I go find your mummy and daddy?” he says in a childish voice.

I the tears stop and a laugh escapes my lips.

There’s a pause. “A-are you feeling better?” he stutters unsurely. I can see his shadow approach my stall, “Are you in here?”

I purse my lips. He’s in front of my stall. I bury my face in my arms. I hear the door creak open. The man stops.

“I it was a little girl…” he murmurs under his breath to himself.

I flinch, ‘that’s why he was asking about my parents?’ I begin to wonder what he looks like and I hesitantly lift my head. I can see him through strands of my hair. He’s tall and lean with brown hair, a concerned look on his handsome features.

Our eyes meet.

“A-are you okay?” he stammers, “Is there anything I can do for you?” he asks.

I don’t reply.

He looks around then disappears. I hear stall doors open and shut before he comes back with tissues in his hand. He offers it to me, despite being embarrassed to take it, I take it because I really do need it.

I twist around so I’m facing away as I blow my nose and dry my face. I fix my hair out of my face before turning back to thank him. He looks taken aback.

“I’m Kyungsoo,” he introduces himself, though I’m not sure why.

“Fira,” I reply, I apologize after introducing myself.

“Why would you be sorry?” Kyungsoo says with a small smile, “I’m the one who mistook you for a little girl when you’re obviously more than that—ah!” he coughs into a closed fist, realising his thoughts had slipped out of his mouth, “I mean, you just surprised me because you weren’t as young as I thought—no—I mean, you are young but not like— you look very young—n-not that I’m into elementary kids, I’m not—” he stops, suddenly realising how loud he had exclaimed this he sighs and laughs lightly in embarrassment. “Sorry…”

I giggle, “No. Thanks, I feel a bit better now.”

Kyungsoo rubs the back of his neck and leans on the doorframe of the cubicle. “That’s good then,” he grins, “you look better when you’re smiling,” he adds. He then purses his lips and chuckles bashfully, “Ah, sorry. I swear I’m not usually like this.” His eyes flicker around, “You don’t have to tell me what happened but do you want to go somewhere else before someone else comes? You are in the men’s bathroom.”

My eyes widen and I quickly get up. “I totally forgot!”

Kyungsoo laughs, “Don’t worry so did I—I don’t usually want to ask people I meet in the men’s bathroom’s out for lunch,” he says as we exit the toilet stall.

I stop walking, “Huh?”

“What?”

I laugh, “Did you just ask me out.”

He scratched his head and laughs shyly, “Is that a no?”

I hum, “When?”

Kyungsoo turns to me in disbelief, “Seriously?”

 


Author's Note: of course I'd squeeze in some fluff.

 

Word Count: 1 515.

Time Finished:  1:47am