Jimin and Gayoung

Hopeful Daydreams {CLOSED}

Requested by: Yuciey

Prompt: Jimin is jealous because of Gayoung's closeness to the other BTS members.

(The image used has nothing to do with the storyline, only that it's Jimin. but it is important nonetheless.)


 

I stare at the door for a moment, anxiously shifting the weight of my feet from my toes to heels and back again. I can hear chattering voices amongst the abrupt bursts of laughter on the other side. I admit, I’m a bit more nervous than usual—it’s not like this is my first time visiting, but it is my first time dropping by unnoticed.

I clutch the cake box I’ve brought with me closer to my chest, take a deep breath in and knock. I hold my breath as I wait for a response. The talking stops. I hear several voices call out different names before there is a mad scramble towards the door. I can hear chuckling and rummaging as the door unlocks and several pairs of eyes stare between the opening.

I recognize them immediately as the three of them break into a chorus of glee. They begin fighting with the door until it swings wide open and I’m eagerly welcomed into the boys’ dorm. Taehyung pushes in front of Hoseok and Jimin with overly outstretched arms and hands.

“Gayoung!” he cheers with a bright smile, waddling towards me.

I laugh as I’m wrapped tightly into his embrace and swung excitedly to and fro. “Taehyung stop it!” I whinge as he continues to crush me and twist every single part of my body, “You’ll ruin the cake!”

He pulls away with an enormously bright grin still slapped across his face. “I’m sorry,” he chuckles, “I missed you!” he adds cheekily scrunching his face—his signature ‘heart’ expression.

I laugh and catch Jimin’s eyes as I peer into their dorm. He looks distance but snaps back to reality when he notices I'm staring back at him. He ruffles his hair. “Come in,” he says smiling warmly and kissing me on the cheek. His eyes stay briefly on mine as he takes the cake from me, our fingers brushing slightly.

He walks ahead to ready the cake, closely followed by Taehyung who’s telling the other members I’ve come to visit. He might as well tell the world since he’s practically yelling into every room.

 

Hoseok shakes his head, waving his hand at them mockingly as the other members run around yelling—cleaning up as fast as possible I assume.

“How are you?” Hoseok asks as I kick off my shoes and place them with the rest beside the door.

“Good! I hope I’m not disturbing—”

He smiles and replies reassuringly, “Of course not! We were beginning to wonder when you’d visit again.” Seeing I’ve taken off my shoes he slips off his slippers and offers them to me.

“No, it’s okay,” I say, showing him my feet I add, “I have socks!”

 Hoseok laughs as he grabs by ankle mid-air and slips my feet into his slippers. “Your socks will get dirty,” he insists. His slippers are far too big but I thank him anyway.

Hoseok then rests his arm around my shoulders and squeezes, grinning brightly as he's about to usher me to the living room.

 

We're in the middle of some small talk when I hear footsteps approaching and turn my head to see Jimin. He’s holding a pair of slippers.

He's slightly out of breath. “Gayou—” he stops, his smile faultering as he looks disapprovingly at my feet.

Hoseok messes my hair before trotting towards Jimin. “Hyung will be taking this!” he says with a satified look as he takes the slippers and runs off.

I give Jimin a soft smile as he sighs. He looks disappointed.

"Tired?" I ask as I approach him and hug him comfortingly.

He pulls on a weak smile and nods. "Yeah, that must be it."

I purse my lips. He looks somewhat irritated. “Let’s have some cake,” I suggest.

 

“Gayoung!” Jin says. He's rushing to and from the kitchen with plates, forks and cups of tea. He rejects my help when I offer it.

“Sit down, I’ll get it ready,” he insists, gesturing to the living room.

Hoseok’s already made himself comfortable on the couch next to Yoongi who has his eyes attached to the television screen. Namjoon sits next to him with the remote control extended towards the television. Their eyes look up as I shuffle in. They smile and wave.

“Hey Gayoung,” the two who haven’t already greeted me say, slightly out of sync. Hoseok just smiles and wiggles his head playfully.

I bow and greet them accordingly.

Yoongi loosely waves a hand. “We told you to stop being so formal!”

I feel a hand press against my lower back. Jimin nods towards them, “Take a seat, I’ll go help Jin.” I nod and let Jimin disappear into the kitchen, my eyes following him for a moment. I wonder if he's okay?

Namjoon grins and moves aside, making a space for me between Yoongi and himself. “Here,” he says handing me the remote as I go to sit down. “You pick the channel.”

I thank him and switch it several times until landing on a popular romance series. They grumble slightly as I sit down—I wonder if they know that I keep choosing dramas just to see their reactions.

"Do you know if Jimin's okay?" I ask.

Yoongi scratches his head. "What do you mea—"

He's suddenly interrupted by Hoseok's childish squeal. “Hey!” he complains as he’s squished against the armrest. “Move over!” he nags as he pushes Yoongi away, squeezing him, Namjoon and myself into the other corner of the couch.

“Hoseok!” I shriek.

“You’re crushing poor Gayoung!” Namjoon and Yoongi protest.

Suddenly Jungkook pops out of his room, his expression brightening as we lock eyes. “Hello,” he says with a smile as he sits on the armrest beside Hoseok. Realising the situation he frowns and hits Hoseok’s shoulder. “Hyung, you’re hurting our Gayoung!” he pouts.

In the split second Hoseok’s distracted I push against Yoongi, following our lead, Namjoon throws himself over me.

I laugh, completely caved in. Hoseok playfully fights back as we simultaneously attack him. Jungkook joins in, hitting him from behind.

 

I hear footsteps and clattering as Jin and Jimin return to cut the cake. “What are you doing?” Jin asks with a confused face, obviously judging us.

“Fighting Hobi!” I chant as I pop out from between Namjoon’s arms.

My eyes lock with Jimin. His brows are furrowed and his expression is somewhat tense. He’s looking us over but his eyes seem to skip over mine. He then stomps towards the couch and grabs my arm, attempting to tug me out of the bundle.

Namjoon suddenly tightens his arms arounnd my waist while Jungkook leans over and whacks Jimin's hand, the other two complain and shoo him away. Jimin frowns.

"Hey!" he barks, "Gayoung's mine!"

My eyes widen and I huddle into Yoongi's back to hide my blushing face.

Yoongi twists his head and begins scorning Jimin. "Stop yelling!"

I think he's misread my reaction “No I—” I'm about to explain when Taehyung suddenly appears and aggressively tackles Jungkook from behind, howling a battle scream.

And we’re at it again—complaining between showers of laughter, screaming and complaining some more when Taehyung tries to lean over and hit Namjoon who’s making fun of him.

I can hear Jin begin nagging at them to stop so we can eat. I also hear the light tinkering of a fork hitting a plate between the noise. I can’t see because I am far too tightly sandwiched between Yoongi’s back and Namjoon’s chest—but I don’t need to see to know Jimin’s no longer there.

I push against them and struggle my way free. They gradually relax and apologize. Jungkook looks arouond.

“Where’s Jimin?”

Jin is seated in front of the coffee table eating cake and watching the drama like there wasn’t ever a bigger drama right behind him. He turns his head, checks the empty space next to him and shrugs. “He was there a second ago.”

All their heads turn to me. “Did we do something?”

I stand between them, my hair a mess. “I’ll be right back,” I tell them.

“Do you know which is our room?” Taehyung calls out as I approach the hallway.

“Second to the left!” Hoseok pitches in.

“Thanks!” I say waving my hand briskly, “Go ahead and eat first.”

Already am’ I hear Jin say as I disappear around the corner.

 

I knock on his bedroom door, the one he shares with Taehyung and Hoseok. “Jimin?” I don’t wait for him to answer because I’m sure he won’t. I slowly twist the door knob, repeating myself as I enter. “Jimin?”

He’s hunched over, sitting on the edge of his bed staring at his palms. His eyes flicker as I hesitantly take a seat next to him.

He lifts his head and throws his hands behind his neck, silently staring at the ceiling for a moment before looking around anxiously. He flinches as I gently place a hand on his knee, leaning towards him to make him look at me.

His eyes look slightly lost as they scan over my face. Then he bites his lip and drops his gaze.

I my head to the side. “Jiminie!” I whinge and lightly hit his arm several times. I see the edge of his lips twitch. I feel my heart flutter and call his name again. “Jiminie!” I whinge, hit him gently then link arms with him, pulling him closer. “Don’t be mad!” I chant as I tug him.

He smiles, laughing shyly as he lets his body lean against me. Playfully threatening to squish me underneath him.

“Jimin don’t be mad!” I pout as I push against him—I absolutely hate acting cute but I absolutely love his reaction.

“Argh!” Jimin grumbles. Giving in, he hugs me suddenly. My arms are squeezed by my sides as we both laugh and he swings me around. He plants a loud kiss on the top of my head before releasing me.

“So what’s wrong?” I immediately ask him.

He raises a brow. “You.”

“What?”

It looks like he's about to explain but decides against it and closes his mouth. Instead he just grins so happily that it goes all the way up to his eyes. “I like you.”

I roll my eyes. I let it go, partially because his cheesy lines embarrass me. They embarrass me because I find it charming and cute and like him way too much. I can hear my pulse so loudly that I'm afraid he can hear it. I suddenly stand up and gesture towards the door. “Let’s go eat cake already!” I say hastily, trying to cover my nerves. I turn to leave but he takes my hand and I stop.

Jimin gets up, still grasping my hand, and leads the way back to the living room. I watch his back as we walk through the hallway. Our fingers are laced together—and like usual, his thumb is gently the back of my hand.

 

When we return we see everyone has calmed down. The original three sitting on the couch have reclaimed their position as the rest are sprawled out on the floor in front of them. The coffee table is now full of empty plates and a single slice of cake.

“Have you made up?” Jungkook asks plainly.

Jin slaps his leg, scolding him under his breath.

Jimin squeezes my hand, nodding to his teammates.

Jungkook interrupts, “Jin ate half of it,” referring to the last slice of cake.

Jimin looks at me, “do you want to share?”

I shake my head, “It’s okay, you can have it.” After making sure that I’m sure, he turns back to s.

“You can have my cake,” he exclaims proudly, “but you can’t have my girlfriend!”

I purse my lips, extremely embarrassed, but before I can experience the full toll of second-hand embarrassment Jimin suddenly leans it. He places a hand on my lower back and presses me closer, his other hand swiftly traces my jaw towards him. He kisses me shamelessly in front of everyone.

When he pulls away, we’re both blushing. There’s a mixed reaction of cheering and ‘ewing’ but Jimin just laughs. He rubs the back of his neck, even from behind I can see he’s blushing, his ears are so red. And so are mine.

 


Author's note:

yup. Ji booty. I'm sorry. like... I couldn't help it. ahahahaha oh gosh I'm so shameless

I'm assuming you know their real names... I think this is somewhat true to their personalities.

 

Oh! And happy 2years with BTS!! x