Hoseok and Gayoung

Hopeful Daydreams {CLOSED}

I don't know why I picked this for the cover.

 

Requested by: Yuciey

Scenario: Gayoung has lost her memories. Hoseok brings her to meet the members and she finally regains her memory.


 

I anxiously stare at the door as I gnaw my bottom lip. I fidget with the hem of my jumper and rethink my decision to come here this afternoon.

I look to Hoseok nervously. He turns to me and smiles warmly as he places a hand on the small of my back as if to reassure me.

“Are you sure you’re okay with this?” he asks cautiously. He furrows his brows slightly as he watches me bore holes into their dormitory door. “You don’t have to if you don’t want to,” he adds softly.

It’s been a year since the accident which led me to losing my memories, and a few months since Hoseok and I started dating again. Apparently we were dating beforehand, which I do not doubt since he is absolutely everything to me now. He’s stood by me ever since I woke up that night in the hospital. He was asleep by my bed, hair a mess, face bloated with tears and no one else in sight. I was told later that he had convinced my parents he stay the night the hospital since only one person per patient was permitted to stay between 8pm-9am. No matter how cold I was to him at the start, he stuck on. When I harshly demanded space, he moved away and looked after me from afar. He patiently waited for me rebuild my trust in him until I inevitably fell in love with him all over again. I know I’m stubborn and it must have been so difficult for him even though he tried to hide the pain and struggle—but he’s so easy to read.

Hoseok has talked about s so often, which was inevitable since if he wasn’t with me he was with them. Since they are such a big part of his life I decided I had to meet—well, re-meet them. Sometimes Hoseok slips and brings up the past, reminiscing memories when the members, he and I would go here or there, and do this or that. He’d then catch himself and apologise though the memories were always warm and blissful. He was always cautious. I felt I owed him at least this much.

I look at the door handle. I wonder why I’m so nervous? Honestly, I’ve been post-phoning the meeting since I was—still am—scared.

Hoseok must have read my mind like usual because he squeezes my shoulders and assures me that they’ll love me.

“Who can hate you,” he teases as he gives my shoulders another squeeze and kisses the top of my head.

I look up at him, he’s smiling. Though he’s trying to not show it, I can see he’s excited. I feel slightly more at ease. I swallow and turn back to the door in determination.

I take a step towards it with my breath held. I exhale.

Knock. Knock.

Even my knock sounds uncertain to me.

There’s no response. I immediately turn to Hoseok with a terrified expression, already feeling rejected. He sighs with a smirk, the kind of expression he gives me whenever I become impatient or dumbstruck.

I hear the locks clatter and jump back. The door opens and a tall, broad-shouldered man stands behind it.

I hesitate then immediately drop my body into a ninety degree bow of shock.

The man stutters and nervously mirrors after me. Hoseok chuckles as the two of us continuously bob our heads up and down, now unsure when to stop—we possibly to courtesy too far.

Before I can dive into another bow Hoseok shoots an arm in front of my chest. I flip my head to him. He looks amused. I purse my lips as my cheeks become slightly warm.

“This is Seokjin,” he says gesturing to the man, “or Jin for short. Jin is his stage name too.”

I turn to Jin and am about to bow to introduce myself but he suddenly holds out his hands and frantically waves them.

“You don’t need to be so polite!” he interjects. I freeze and he takes a breath. “I’m Jin,” he says smiling warmly. He has a comforting, somewhat motherly feel to him.

“I’m Gayoung,” I say softly.

I can feel Hoseok’s hand on my back again. I glance at him as he ushers me inside.

 

“We have company!” Jin yells after closing the door behind us. The entry is dark but as we walk into the living room the area is bright and spacious, though I still can’t believe how seven men live here all together.

Three members are already seated on the couch, half watching television, half on their cell phones. They look up and, almost simultaneously, their eyes widen at the sight of me.

I can see Hoseok give them a stern look from the corner of my eye as if to say ‘chill.’

Hesitantly, the three grin eagerly to me. They introduce themselves as Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook respectively.

“Take a seat,” Hoseok says softly. He seems to be taking extra care. I don’t know if I feel safer or more uncomfortable. I nod. As we approach the couch, the first two slide to the ground and offer their seat.    

I smile gratefully and take a Jimin’s former seat and Hoseok takes Taehyung’s, sitting snuggly between Jungkook and I.

Jin excuses himself as he walks towards the other rooms in search of the remaining members.

Once the television turns into advertisements, Jimin and Taehyung enthusiastically turn to face. They begin chattering to Hoseok, sparing me timid glances to ensure I’m included.

“Hoseok’s being good right, Gayoung?” Taehyung teases.

I’m slightly taken aback that he knows my name despite me not introducing myself. He says it so casually like he’s said it a thousand times before. I see Jimin nudge him.

“It’s okay,” I smile, “I’m used to—” I stop myself from calling them ‘strangers,’ “—people knowing me.”

They exhale a breath I didn’t know they were holding. They seem just as nervous as me.

 

Jin appears again with the two remaining members. One of them, who later introduces himself as Yoongi, looks like he’s just rolled out of bed—which he later admits.

“He’s nocturnal,” Jimin chirps in fearlessly, ‘fearlessly’ since none of the other members seem to dare say anything about his bed hair and bloated face. Though he didn’t say it, Jungkook seems to retreat slightly in his seat.

Yoongi sluggishly waves a hand at the members but puts on a bright smile for me. I smile back awkwardly. I flinch slightly as I feel Hoseok’s voice tickle my ear.

“Don’t worry, he’s friendly,” he winks, “he’s always had a soft spot for you.”

I widen my eyes and shyly glance back at Yoongi, retaking my ‘first’ impression of him.

“Nice to meet you,” the other man says. His smile is accompanied by dimples, “I’m Namjoon.”

“Hello,” I squeak.

 

I don’t know when he disappeared, but suddenly Jin is back with a bowl of freshly popped popcorn. Yoongi waves the remote control and instructs Jungkook to put the movie on—he refuses though and Jimin does it instead.

“What movie are we going to watch?” I ask as I stare at the screen, I don’t direct it to anyone in particular since I’m unsure who to ask.

“Don’t worry you’ll like it,” Namjoon assures me.

I hear a couple of them grumble. “We’re going to watch that are we?” Jungkook moans.

Hoseok laughs and playfully hits his arm—a bit too violently though because he winces.

 

It’s a movie I don’t know but I swear I’ve seen the scenes before. It overlaps in my memories. I furrow my brows, uncertain as I watch. It feels like déjà vu. The twist doesn’t come to surprise me. I turn to check the boys’ reactions:

Jungkook is on his phone, not paying attention at all. Hoseok watches immersed as he usually is when watching anything. Taehyung has fallen asleep on his knees and Jimin seems to be well on his way to falling asleep too. His head bobs up and down, occasionally knocking my knees when he suddenly wakes up. Yoongi sighs from time to time, comfortably lying in his seat. Namjoon and Jin are watching more or less. The bowl of popcorn empty long ago except for the unpopped corn lying at the bottom.

The scene of all of them ‘watching’ overlaps with another I never knew of. They wear different clothes in my memory but are basically in the same positions, just about as unenthusiastic as they are now like they’ve watched this film a thousand times—

I suddenly sit up. “The bad guy dies. The old man gives up his wife’s house and returns with the boy. The boy get his badge and they adopt the dog,” I blurt.

Jungkook lifts a brow. “Spoiler alert,” he scoffs.

The screen’s turned off and we all share the slice of silence. Hoseok gapes. “Y-you said you don’t know the movie—” he furrows his brows, searching for the words, “Do you—??”

I stare at him with the same amount of surprise. The memories and emotions come flooding back. They hit the back of my eyes like a tsunami and soon enough tears are pouring down my cheeks. I nod as I throw my arms around Hoseok’s neck.

I can tell it takes another moment for it to sink in. “G-Gayoung!” he cheers in astonishment and suddenly wraps his arms around me too. “I—I—you—”

We’re both at a loss for words. I pull away, my hands cups his cheeks. He’s still gaping, completely speechless.

I laugh and kiss him. I make up for the times I forgot how much I love him. When we separate we laugh at each other’s crying faces. Hoseok wipes my cheek with his thumb, he laughs in disbelief.

“I love you,” he utters.

I nod, my tears tipping out. “I love you too!”

I hear the other boys grumble as Hoseok pulls me into another kiss, absolutely not minding the audience we have.

 


A/N: ayy! it's UP! (pun intended...get it? :D ...as in this chapter and the movie they watch is up...)