Seokmin (DK) x Hyesong

Hopeful Daydreams {CLOSED}

Requested by: hyesong

Prompt: DK's a bully.


“Kang-Hye-song,” Seokmin spits each syllable with a lop-sided smirk. He tilts his head back and looks down at me, his eyes remaining latched to mine.

I purse my lips and step back. My heel hits the metal of my locker. I shrink into my shoulders, my back pressed firmly against the lockers.
Seokmin steps forward, cocking his head to the side before slamming his hand beside my left ear. I flinch and instinctively bring my arms to my face. I bite my bottom lip to keep myself from yelping in fear.

“W-what do you want?” I ask hesitantly, my voice shakes. My throat is hoarse from how tightly I’ve been holding my breath. I can feel my heart beat pounding out of my chest. My knees are weak and the only thing keeping any kind of sensation in my body is the cold bite of the metal lockers on my exposed skin.

I notice Seokmin hesitate and shuffle back slightly. He brings his hand back down to his side. His brows are knitted together, teeth and fists both clenched.

This is the second time he’s approached me. Last week, out of nowhere, he called me out after class and glared at me for five whole minutes. I remember the suspended fear clinging to my chest as he scowled in haunting silence. I was too scared to move or even speak, I was barely breathing. After what seemed like forever he barked my name with a fixed anger. Bellowed echoes rang through the emptying halls as if it would never die down. At that moment I got so scared I lost all sanity or reason and bolted the opposite direction. I didn’t stop running until I started to see spots in my vision. I had no idea why he was mad or why he decided to pick on me. I hadn’t done anything to him or anyone else for all I knew. I like to lay low—have a small group of friends, focus on studying and keep any mean opinions to myself. Am I easy to bully?

I don’t realise my jaw has gone sore until Seokmin’s expression changes. He stuffs his hands in his pockets. He’s doing it again—staring. I hold in a whimper. My fingertips gnaw at the cold metal behind me.
“Why’d you run away?” Seokmin growls, “Huh?!”

Several people’s heads snap in our direction. They tap on their friends’ shoulders and point at us. Soon enough we’re surrounded but Seokmin’s eyes remain latched onto mine. Noticing I’ve been distracted by the number of eyes and lifted mobile phones recording the scene, he snatches my shirt between the shoulder and collar and yanks at it. He looks over his shoulder, decides on an escape route then drags me after him.

My collar rubs against my neck and jaw. I gasp for air. Seokmin's a lot taller so it's difficult to keep up. I watch his back. His fist tightly gripping my clothing. We've made it out of the building and into the empty gym. Frustrated and too scared out of my wits I grab his hand and bite down on his knuckles.

Seokmin voices out in pain. He instantly lets me go. I quickly sprint towards the exit.

"Wait! Wait!" He calls out. With his long strides, his footsteps easily catch up to mine. I'm suddenly choked by my collar again as he pulls at it from behind.

I'm coughing as I turn around. I'm about to scream but I can't even breathe. Without a thought, I slap him. 

Seokmin's eyes widen, his hand hovers over his reddening cheek.

'I wasn't supposed to do that! What do I do??' I'm about to apologise when he interrupts.

"I-I'm sorry!" Seokmin blurts. He bows down and repeats. "I'm really sorry!"

I'm even more confused now. Is he guilty now?

"What?" I choke in bewilderment.

He stands back upright. His eyes skip over mine and instead flock to the empty gymnasium. "I didn't mean to hurt you," he mumbles. He sounds nervous, timid almost. 

"You grabbed my collar," I scoff.

"I didn't know what to do and if I grabbed your hand—" he purses his lips, his eyes shyly finding mine. He doesn't finish his sentence. Instead he rubs the back of his neck bashfully. I can see crimson slowly creep up his ears. "You looked really stressed about the crowd so I wanted to tell you somewhere else," he says softly.

I really have no idea what's happening. "Tell me what?" I ask cautiously, afraid this may be part of a prank.

Seokmin's eyes widen as he bites his lip. He smiles shyly and begins to pace slightly. He stops after a moment and looks me dead in the eye, his expression hardening again. He glares.

"I like you," he says after a long pause. 

I blink. It takes a while to sink in. I stare at him in dumbfounded amusement. He's been trying to confess all this time?

"What?" I almost laugh.

"I-I really like you," he stutters, "Kang-Hye-song." He spells it out like he did before. No way. He really was trying to confess. I continue to gape in disbelief.

"I'm sorry! I was so nervous the first time so I couldn't even talk and then you suddenly ran away— I wanted to apologise for scaring you but I think I made it worse and—" he begins to explain his behaviour frantically.

"You weren't bullying me?" I interrupt before he can continue freaking out.

Seokmin instantly shakes his head. "Why would I bully you??" 

I blink. "You don't hate me?"

"No!" he replies, "I-I like you!" he repeats coyly.

Eventhough I've only met this side of Seokmin now, I don't really mind it. A smile escapes my lips.

"What a relief," I giggle.

 

 


A/N: just saying, DK is my bias in seventeen and he's just so cute and happy so I had to make a twist to him being a 'bully.' aw he's so cute so so cute. I must protect.