Eight

Not So Average

"Aaaaaaaaaaand, uploaded." Ha Yeon clicked with a triumphant smile. She refreshed the page. "Wow, five views in less than one minute. Nice."

I rolled my eyes at her. "That's because someone's probably watching these videos non-stop, refreshing the page to look for more."

"That could be true.... Or I'm just that popular." Ha Yeon flipped her hair and winked. 

"Don't do that. You look really ugly." I laughed. She pouted and I quickly reaassured her. "Just kidding, you know I love teasing you." 

"Awww, same." Ha Yeon put her hand to her heart and pouted her lips. I smiled again and then my stomach growled. "Ooookay can we go grab something to eat? I'm starving, and you made me film that video with you when I could've totally watched it in peace. I had to hold in my real inner fangirl on the off chance that EXO even watches that video." I scoffed just thinking about it. They probably don't waste their time watching stuff like that. 

"Hey, you never know. Watch, they'll see that video and totally remember us!" Ha Yeon grinned. 

"Uh huh, sure." I raised an eyebrow at her. 

"If we're going out to eat, can we go to Radio Cafe? They always play the best music there, it puts me in such a good mood!" She jumped up and down, gesturing for me to get up. "C'mon! Let's go!" 

We strolled down the streets of Seoul, and I took deep breaths. After we had graduated high school back in California, Ha Yeon and I decided to stay another year or so, touring Southern California and going to places like Disneyland, and eventually going to major cities or states. We came back home to Seoul about 3 months ago, and since we were going to be starting college in about five months, we bought a house (with the help of our parents) to share, that was pretty much near Seoul University. So here we were, back in our home country, and I've honestly missed it so much. It was a little nostalgic when we first got back. Everyday since we've been back, there hasn't been a time where I wasn't happy. I don't know if it's because we're back in our home country or because I'm weird like that. 

"Soo Min, look." Ha Yeon pointed at the shops lined up down the street. All of them had at least one poster or cardboard cutout of EXO. 

"Wow. Who would've thought that every single shop down this road would be so supportive of them." I was happy, but kind of confused. Usually not every shop would advertise like this. As we passed by, one particular shop caught my eye. I stopped in front of the window and stared for a while, not noticing that a shy smile was appearing on my face, until Ha Yeon brought it up. 

"Yah, do you really like Park Chanyeol that much?" The shop window had one huge poster of EXO, and then individual posters of each member, with Chanyeol being front and center. He had such a cute smile. Sometimes I do think back to the time that he saved me the night of our senior ball. I couldn't believe my luck. I knew we wouldn't be able to see them again though, like I said before, it was pretty much impossible. 

"Of course I like him. Along with all the other members of EXO. You know I'm not a die hard fan, but I do have my moments." I gave the shop window one last glance before continuing down the EXO filled streets with Ha Yeon.

 

 

"Hi, welcome to Radio Cafe, just a table for two?" The kind waitress smiled at us. 

"Yes, thank you." We followed her as she led us to a table upstairs, since downstairs was already pretty crowded. 

"You guys seem really busy today, is there something going on?" Ha Yeon asked our waiter.

"No, but we have been getting more customers since we changed our theme for the month. Although we've only started changes upstairs and made the menus appropriate for the theme."

"Yeah I've noticed that. We come here at least once every other week, and it's never been this crowded. What's the theme that everyone's going crazy over this month?" 

She didn't even have to say a word. When she led us upstairs and moved out of the way, I could see what she meant. The huge wall that is usually covered in random quotes and K-pop lyrics, was now covered in one big picture of EXO. 

 

I definitely now understood why everyone suddenly wanted to come to Radio Cafe. EXO was the main attraction here. I turned to our waitress as she led us to a table nearby the large glass window, where you could see a the buildings of Seoul before your eyes. 

"So, is EXO going to be performing here? Or....."

She blinked at me before snapping back into reality. "Omo... that would be a great idea! I don't even know why management didn't think of that! I'll talk to my boss after I get you ladies started on some drinks."

"We'll both have lemonades please." Ha Yeon ordered for both of us. She knew me so well. "Alright, just peruse through our brand new EXO menus and I'll get right back to ya." she smiled and walked back downstairs to grab our drinks. 

Ha Yeon looked at the wall before taking her phone out and snapping a picture of the wall and the menu as she held it up. "Oh, so cute." she giggled as she brought her phone closer to her face to carefully examine the picture. 

"What are you doing now?"

"I'm so going to post this on instagram. All my subbies on YouTube will be so jealous." 

I laughed at her. "It's just wallpaper. They would be more jealous if you actually met them." 

Ha Yeon frowned at me. "We did meet them. And I'm still sad that after all that back then, I failed to ask for a picture. Don't remind me." She pretended to quietly sob. I hit her with my menu before looking back to see what I'd want to order. 

"Soo Min." Ha Yeon poked me.

"Hm?" I didn't even look up from my menu. 

"You should order something on the menu from the section 'Chanyeol's Favorite Foods' I'll order something from........... Baekhyuns! He's such a cutie." 

I looked up and scoffed at her as I closed my menu. "Okay, first of all, I'm only ordering from Chanyeol's section because I already felt like having kimchi fried rice, so... ha ha."

"If you say so." Ha Yeon raised an eyebrow at me. Our waiter walked back upstairs and placed our drinks down on the table. She then proceeded to take out a notepad to take down our orders. "Are you guys ready to order?"

"Yes. I'd like the Kimchi Fried Rice." I took a sip of my lemonade.

"Oh, the Channie special?"

I nearly spit out my drink. "The Channie special?" I repeated. "Is that what that is?"

"Yeah, a lot of his fans call him Channie, and that's his favorite food. Therefore, it's the Channie special!" She smiled. That was such a hilariously funny thing to hear, but I went along with it anyways. "Yes, I'd like the Channie special." The words rolled off my tongue like I'd said it before, but it still felt weird to call the Park Chanyeol from EXO, 'Channie.'

"Okay, and for you?" She looked at Ha Yeon. 

"Oh, I would like the Galbi." I could tell she was trying hard to stifle her laughter after hearing me say 'Channie.'

"I see you're ordering from Baekhyun's favorite food list. Aka Bacon." the waitress smiled.

I laughed again. "His nickname is Bacon? That's so cute! I don't know if that would be considered cuter than Channie though." I sipped my lemonade innocently. 

"Oh, shut it Soo Min. Let me have my fun. And Bacon is way cuter than Channie."

"Your food will be here in about 20 minutes." The waitress nodded at us.

"Thank you." I smiled kindly. 

 


 

Now the question is... how exactly do I find her? 

We walked down the streets of Seoul, of course with our masks and sunglasses on, trying not to draw to much attention to ourselves. 

"Guys, look at this." Tao stopped us and looked upward while slightly pulling down his sunglasses. 

We all stopped to look at whatever had interested Tao so much that he decided to stop. He never does that. But I understood why when I saw the window. 2 men were putting up posters in the window of Radio Cafe. As they taped them firmly down, I read the font. 

"This month's theme: EXO-EXODUS ALBUM
                                   CALL ME BABY COMEBACK

With this picture: 

I was pretty amazed and amused. This was one pretty cool advertisement for us, and we didn't even know about it. 

"Waaaa~ look how good i look." Baekhyun smirked as he fixed his hair in the mirror. 

"You're such a diva Baekhyun." Chen laughed. "But I have to admit, it is a pretty nice picture of us."

I laughed as all the guys started hitting each other. "Shall we eat in here then? Since this place is so kindly promoting us without anyone to force them to do it."

"As long as they have Galbi, I'm good." Baekhyun patted his stomach.

"Oh please, almost every resturant has Galbi." Lay retorted. "But I'm in the mood for that too."

We all walked into the cafe/resturant and I was impressed. There were more people slicking on wallpaper on the main floor, and I saw that there were stairs up to another level.

"This place is pretty cool. And they're even playing our song!" Kai pointed up to the speakers. He was right. Call Me Baby was playing throughout the entire space. I could hear girls start to scream and guys started to tap their shoes to the beat.

"Maybe it's not such a good idea to eat here. Someone could notice us. These masks and sunglasses don't always do the job." D.O said.

"Oh lighten up hyung." Sehun patted D.O's back. "What's so bad about fans mobbing us? It's happened before, we know how to handle it." D.O nodded at his statement and agreed. 

"Okay, you got me there."

A waitress walked up to us and smiled. "Table for....." She quickly counted before speaking again. "10? That's a lot of people. And, fun fact, also the amount of people in EXO." she flipped her hair and laughed. "But you probably don't care. Come on, this way to your table." We stayed on the main floor and we were led to a large round table in a little nook by the stairs. Even the nook had posters of us. 

As we got settled down, we did the usual resturant routine. Ordered our drinks, and then our food. We laughed at the themed menus. They were pretty accurate though, my fans do call me Channie sometimes. Non-existent hair flip. About 20 minutes passed by and we were all just conversating as usual. I pulled out my phone to check the time. 6:13pm. It was still pretty early considering we spent most of the day watching those MV reaction videos. I thought back to Ha Yeon and Soo Min's video. I chuckled to myself and decided to check her instagram again. She probably hadn't posted anything, but I love seeing that graduation picture of her that she last posted. The both of them looked so happy, and everytime I saw it, I wished I was there when she graduated. 

Instagram finallly loaded and refreshed and I searched her page. I refreshed it a couple times, still hoping she had posted something, but she didn't. I clicked on her last picture from almost 2 years ago again. Both her and Ha Yeon smiled brightly at the camera. I accidentally double clicked on the picture and liked it, although that wasn't a problem since I'd liked it already the day she posted it. But, my finger spazzed out and I clicked the photo once again. A little tag popped up on Ha Yeon's face. I thought I was up to date on social media, but I guess I'm not. I furrowed my brows as I pressed the little tag, leading to Ha Yeon's instagram page. 126 photos. That's a lot of photos. 

I scrolled down her feed until I saw the same exact picture that Soo Min had on her profile. From there, I scrolled up and saw a small glimpse of what I had been wondering about since then. There were selfies of Ha Yeon, and pictures of her with Soo Min in different places, like Disneyland, and what looked like major cities in the U.S. like I had seen in the magazines. I examined each picture and kept scrolling up, stopping at a picture of Ha Yeon and Soo Min holding up peace signs in front of an airplane. Her caption read "Finally going back home to Seoul, South Korea. We'll miss you so much US, we'll be back soon."

I panicked a little and checked when this pictures was posted. 12 weeks ago. That's about three months. They moved back here three months ago? Soo Min has been here for three months? She had about 12 more pictures that were more recent. Most of them were of food or of scenery, but when I scrolled up to her most recent post. My eyes widened. It was 15 minutes ago. It was a picture of one of our recent new promotion posters; a photostrip. But when I looked closer I noticed that she also held up a menu. I put my phone down on the table and grabbed the menu, turning to the exact same page as Ha Yeon's picture. 

The realization suddenly hit me and I looked up at the rest of the guys. 

"Guys."

"What? Why do you sound so serious?" Suho asked. 

"Soo Min is here."

"Soo Min? She's here in Korea? How did you know?" Xiumin looked at me and then around at the other guys, to see if they had gotten something he hadn't yet. 

"No. She's here. In this resturant."

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

WAIT WHAAAAAAT? Chanyeol!! Lol, well woohoo! Triple update today (-: It's probably because I don't have a life. *cries for life* JK. I'm just having a lot of inspiration at the moment and I want to get it all out before I hit some kind of writer's block which I'm sure will happen in the near future. I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far, I love you all!!! Don't forget to upvote, comment, and subscribe. 

XOXO,

Mae