Thirteen

Not So Average

It's true when they say celebrities have extremely busy schedules.

I haven't seen Soo Min since the day we hung out, and it's already been a week and a half. Everytime I thought we had a break, even if it was for a couple of hours, I didn't have any time to see her. 

The only way I got to talk to her was by texting her, but even that wasn't very effective because I would respond so late by the time I had time to even touch my phone. 

I felt like I was already messing up. She had told me she would give our friendship a chance, not wanting anything in the first place because I'm a celebrity along with the rest of EXO. Soo Min was right. I felt like I was already messing up. I really wanted to hang out with her again, but since our comeback, I barely even have any room to breathe.

I walked over to the couch in our studio and plopped down between Baekyun and Kai.

"Are you okay man?" Kai patted my back.

"No."

"What? Is it because of Soo Min?"

"It's just that... I haven't been able to see her. She said she would try to get to know me better and all of that but I'm losing my chance of anything with her because I don't have anytime."

"The life of a celebrity in one sentence, my friend." Baekhyun said as he slouched down further on the couch, trying to lie down.

"I know. Soo Min was right. That's partly why she didn't want to get involved with me in the first place." I was feeling more frustrated than ever. "I fell like this is going to be deja vu. Next thing you know, 2 more years have passed by, and she'll slip out of sight again."

"Then try harder. If you really want this to work, you've got to find every possible way to see her. Look for any loophole." Kai stated as he stood up. "Trust me, I don't think you'll want to lose her." He turned and walked back to the center of the studio before turning back to add, "you know that."

I stood up and walked out of the studio, thinking over Kai's advice. I knew everything that he said very well myself, but I didn't know how to really get there.

 

2 days later

In two days, I found a way to see Soo Min while I was working. 

I invited both her and Ha Yeon to come watch our performance at Show Music Core. She was a fan of EXO after all. I got them tickets to the show along with VIP backstage passes of course, since the point of me doing all of this was to see her, and this was the only way to see her while 'working.'

"Are you guys ready?"

"I'm pumped. It may be the millionth time performing Call Me Baby, but I still can't get enough of it." Tao said as he fixed his hair in the mirror.

I laughed at him. He could be such a princess sometimes.

A woman walked into the room telling us to go ahead and wait backstage. She wore sunglasses and had her hood up, which was suspicious to me because we were inside, but I wasn't going to judge her. We all bowed and said thank you while exiting the room. I was the last to leave the room, and I gestured for the woman to exit so I could shut our dressing room door. 

She stood there and stared at me even though I couldn't see her eyes.

"Uh, sorry, I just want to shut the door. Could you step aside please?"

"What? You're gonna kick me out? You're the one who invited me here." 

I was surprised by her answer, and my arms immediately lifted and pulled the sunglasses off her face and the hood down from her head. I had a strong feeling that this was....

"Soo Min! What are you doing back here already?"

She held up the VIP Backstage Pass that I gave to her and Ha Yeon. "I had this, remember? And you should get better security by the way, I kind of just snuck through." She giggled.

God, she was adorable.

I smiled. "I guess we should then. Did you come with Ha Yeon? You didn't leave her by herself did you?"

"Oh don't worry. She's off...... exploring."

"Exploring?" I was confused until I realized that other k-pop groups were performing here tonight too. "Of course. As of expected of Ha Yeon." 

"You can't blame her." She walked around our dressing room, taking it all in. "Man, I didn't think I'd ever be in EXO's dressing room. Am I dreaming?"

"No." I couldn't help but watch her every move, I don't know why I feel this way whenever I see her. I might be in like with her? No, that's moving way too fast. Get to know her first, Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol."

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at her. "Huh? I mean, yes?"

"Is that a pair of heart boxers I see over there?" She pointed.

Tao. "Tch, no." I scooted over to his boxers and kicked some dirty clothes over them.

"Stop lying! Whose were those?" She laughed.

"Whose do you think?" I smirked.

"Is it-"

The door to the dressing room opened and Lay appeared at the doorway. "Chanyeol, come on we're about to-"

He stopped talking when he saw Soo Min. "Soo Min! You're here! But, wait. You're here, like in our dressing room, with Chanyeol.... alone." His eyes widened. "You guys aren't-"

"NO!" Soo Min and I yelled in unison.

Lay's eyes narrowed for a good 30 seconds beofre he went back to his normal face. I held my breath the whole time. "Nah I'm just kidding." He walked up to Soo Min. "It's good to see you again Soo Min." He hugged her like he was hugging a teddy bear and she smiled, hugging him back. 

"It's good to see you to Lay." 

I had to admit, I was kind of jealous. "Oooookay, Lay, you came her to get me right? Yeah? Let's go." I grabbed him by the arm and dragged him out. He waved bye to Soo Min and I turned around. "I'll see you later? Look forward to our performance." I smiled, and walked away with Lay to go backstage.

 

I dragged Lay around backstage until I eventually found the rest of the guys. 

"You know you could've just asked me 'Lay, where do we go?'" He laughed at me.

"Psh, of course I knew that." I scoffed. I'm so dumb sometimes.

"Yeah, sure you did." He said before walking away.

"Come on you guys, we're about to go on!" Xiumin rushed over and pushed me over to get a wired mic.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMMOBhrj7MM

 

 

"WOO. Another performance done. Great job guys!" Suho shouted as we entered our dressing room.

"Ah, I'm always so tired after performing that song." Sehun said as he plopped himself on the couch.

"At least we know we look good doing it." Lay said as he gave us a thumbs up.

There was just silence in the dressing room. Nothing but the sound of clicking on phones.

"So did Soo Min and Ha Yeon end up coming?" Kai asked.

"Uh, yeah." I decided to not tell them that I already saw her earlier. 

"Have you seen her yet?"

"No." I lied. I could see Lay laughing at me in the corner of my eye.

Just then, someone opened the door and peeked their head inside, although thier eyes were closed.

"Is anyone changing???" Ha Yeon yell-whispered through shut eyes.

We all immediately started laughing at how funny yet adorable she looked. 

"No, no one is changing, Ha Yeon." D.O answered.

"Okay!" She opened her eyes and pushed the door open wider, revealing Soo Min with her eyes closed shut.

"No one's changing." I laughed at her.

"I know! I just want to pretend like I'm a fangirl in this moment and this is my first time meeting you guys, give me a moment, will ya?" Another 10 seconds passed by and she slowly opened her eyes.

"Hah, totally the effect I was expecting." Her eyes sparkled. She snapped out of it in a moment and waved to us. "Hi guys, how are you?"

"We're great! The question is, how are you?" Sehun asked as he gestured for Soo Min and Ha Yeon to come sit down next to him. That sly boy.

I quickly ran over and sat in between Soo Min and Sehun. I was practically sitting on Sehun's lap.

"Chanyeol, there are more seats right there." Soo Min pointed over to the other couch. 

"I-I know, I was sitting her before, Sehun just took my spot." I lied. I just want to sit next to you, actually. 

"You're such a baby, Chanyeol!" Ha Yeon laughed. "Fine, Soo Min and I will go sit on the other couch then." 

Darn it, this is all you fault Sehun. I glared at him and he gave me a small smirk, along with a mouthed 'sorry.'

"Did you guys enjoy the performances?" Chen asked as he sat down next to Ha Yeon and drank some water. 

"OO! We loved all the performances! Of course yours was our favorite." She gleamed.

"Duh, how could you not?" Tao flipped his imaginary hair.

"Yah, speak for yourself! As much as I loved your guys' performance, I liked Red Velvet's performance the best."

Baekhyun held his heart and fell back on the couch, which included falling on my lap. "How could you do this to us, Soo Min, how?!"

"Yah, drama queen, get off of me." I pushed his head off of my lap. 

"But she hurt my feelings." He pouted. 

"Sorry Baekhyun, but you guys were a very close second!" Soo Min cheerfully looked at him.

"That makes me feel a little bit better." He cheekily smiled. I swear this guy is the king of acting.

The 12 of us continued to talk to each other for about 45 minutes or so, I glanced down at my watch and saw that it was already 8:21pm.

"We should head out you guys. I think we should've been out of the dressing rooms a while ago."

"Aw, but I like it in here." Ha Yeon was sprawled out on the couch, leaning her head on Soo Min's legs. Soo Min was laying upside down on the couch like a monkey.

"Well you two look comfortable." Suho smiled.

"This is a pretty nice couch, what can I say?" Soo Min said as she waved her arms to get Ha Yeon off of her. "Well, I guess if it's time to go, we should head home. It was nice hanging out with you guys today and watching your performance live. Ah, I still can't get over it." She nudged Ha Yeon on the arm. "Aren't we lucky?"

"I'm still not over the fact that we actually know you guys." Her eyes widened. "Oh no, this isn't all just a dream, is it? Oh my god, Soo Min why didn't I think of this before. I'm just dreaming aren't I?"

"No we're not dreaming! I already pinched myself the moment we met them 2 years ago." She mumbled the last part, but we could still here her. I laughed. 

"Why? Are we like a dream to you guys?" I flipeed my non-existent hair. 

"Park Chanyeol, don't get a big head." Soo Min scoffed. "Well, we're off then! I'll text you later?"

I was about to say something to stop them from leaving when Baekhyun beat me to it. "Why don't you guys stop by SM tomorrow, it'd be cool to show you around where we rehearse and record and all of that."

"For once, Baek has a good idea. You guys should come by!" Xiumin smiled.

All of the guys started to agree one by one and I found myself nodding in approval too. 

"Uh-" 

"We'll definitely come by!" Ha Yeon covered Soo Min's mouth. "Do we just drop by, or?"

"We'll take care of everything, don't worry. You'll have a worry free tour, and maybe you'll even get to listen to us record some songs." D.O smiled.

"Why are you guys doing all of this for us?" Soo Min questioned. We didn't really have an answer for her. I mean even I didn't know why we were doing this for her. Not to sound rude in anyway, because Soo Min and Ha Yeon are great people.

I guess we were doing this for them because now we felt more of a connection to them. They may not live the same kind of life we do, like Soo Min said before, but they were already starting to mean more to us than just aquaintances.

"You guys are our friends now!" Sehun yelled as he stretched his arms. 

"Friends with EXO? Hm, I could get used to that." Ha Yeon tapped her chin and made a thinking face. 

Soo Min nudged her on the arm again. "Oh no, you don't have to treat us like this. If this is about what happened to me in California back then that was a long time ago and-"

"Soo Min, that's not why we want to be friends with you. We're not your pity party. Don't worry." Suho assured her. 

I nodded in agreement. "What Suho said. Seriously don't feel like this is totally weird or you'll just make us feel awful." I pouted. 

Soo Min looked at all of us for a moment before speaking again. "Agh, okay. Thanks you guys." 

"Don't worry about it." Chen gave Soo Min a small hug. "See? We're all on hugging terms now! Let's all give them a hug!" 

In a split second, all of the guys were in a group hug, Soo Min and Ha Yeon squashed in the middle. 

I heard Soo Min laugh through their piled on bodies. I stood still in my spot, then walked over to join the hug fest. I saw Soo Min's face in between Baek's arm and Tao's face, and smiled at her. She mouthed the words 'thank you' to me before the hug eventually dissolved into all 12 of us standing in a somewhat clumped circle. 

"Okay. We're really gonna head home now. Don't worry we'll stop by tomorrow." Ha Yeon and Soo Min waved and they exited the dressing room closing the door behind them. 

"Yah, they're pretty awesome." Suho nodded. 

"Was it really a coincidence that we met them?" D.O looked at me. 

"That's what I ask myself everyday." I sighed as we all began to pack up our things go head out as well. 

 

 

The next day, we woke up around 7:00am and did our usual routine. D.O made breakfast, some of us watched tv while we waited and some of us played games. By 8:45am we were out of or dorms and heading to SM. We had to do more rehearsals today, learning more choreography for the other new songs in our album. 

It wasn't until I got a text from Soo Min that I realized they were coming by today to see us in action. 

-Be there in 5 minutes! (: 

-Okay, text me when you're here so we can come down and grab you guys.

I walked back over to the guys and told them Soo Min and Ha Yeon would be here soon. They all got excited before coming back to focus on the choreography. 

Approximately 30 minutes passed by in the blink of an eye. When I looked at the clock, I started panicking. 

"Oh , we were supposed to go down and grab them a long time ago." 

I grabbed my phone, expecting to see a text from Soo Min. 

"But she didn't text me." I refreshed my messages to make sure I wasn't missing something, but nothing popped up. 

"Nothing?" Kai came up behind me and looked at me when I turned around. 

"No, maybe she just forgot to text me and they're waiting down there." 

"Do you want me to come down with you to check?" 

"Yeah. Guys we'll be back, Kai and I are gonna go see if they're waiting for us in the lobby. Keep rehearsing." 

"Aye aye, captain!" Baekhyun saluted. 

We took the elevator down and split ways to look around the lobby. 

I looked everywhere, even outside of the building, but they were nowhere to be found. I ran back to find Kai looking lost as well. 

"I didn't see them, you?" 

"Nope." I was starting to get worried, and started to imagine the worst. "What if something happened? What if they got into an accident on the way here?" 

"Chanyeol, calm down. I'm sure they're just running late."

"She would've gold me if they were going to be running late. I'll check my-" I reached into my pocket and realized I left my phone in our rehearsal room.

"Let's go back up I have to find my phone."

"Okay, okay, calm down."

We walked to the elevator and pressed our floor level.

"Oh great the elevator is spazzing out again." Kai started pushing or floor level multiple times but it wouldn't light up. Instead, it lit up to the floor below our rehearsal room and the elevator doors opened. 

"Ugh, this isn't our floor stupid elevator!" Kai kept stabbing the button for the floor number we wanted to go to. "Hey, this is the floor with all the new recording studios they put in with renovations. I didn't know it was done already." 

He walked out of the elevator and started walking down the hall. 

"Kai! Where are you going??" 

"I think there's stairs on this side, we can just climb one level. And it doesn't hurt to look at these pristine new recording booths. They are nice."

I caught up to him. "We don't have time to be browsing here, we have to find Soo Min and Ha Yeon!"

 "Wait, do you hear that?" 

"Hear what?" 

Kai walked away from the door leading to the stairs and back towards the recording booths. 

"Kai!" 

"Shut up, I hear something!" 

I shut my mouth and rolled my eyes. Kai was right though, I did hear slightly muffled sounds. We silently walked closer to the source of the noise. 

As we got closer, I made out the sound of someone singing, but I didn't know who it was. 

We reached the source of the noise and it was definitely someone singing. She sounded beautiful, like an angel. 

Kai was mesmerized as well, and he opened the door just enough for us to see the figure singing so angelically and beautifully. 

"Whoa." We said in unison. 

 

************************************************

 

heheh, cliffhangers are great aren't they? (no just kidding they :-(( but this was too good to pass up!) 

you guys! Thanks so much for 17 subscribers!! It may not seem like a lot to other people, but it's definitely a lot for me, especially for my first real fic that I plan to finish. (I'll try and get back to my first one soon. Lol) 

anyways, love you guys!!

XOXO, 

mae