Eleven

Not So Average

"I never want to see you again. Ever." I gave him once last glance, tears forming in my eyes, and turned to walk away before he could see my weak side. 

 

I stared out of the car window, passing by shops downtown. I couldn't stop thinking of that same moment over and over again in my head. Chanyeol and I hadn't really talked the whole ride, only small talk to get to know each other better. 

About 5 more minutes passed by when we pulled over at a resturant. 

"Are we having brunch?" I chuckled. Chanyeol looked at me.

"Are you not hungry? We can go to the next place I have planned, I-"

I laughed before lightly touching his arm so he would get the hint to stop talking. "Of course I'm hungry." I smiled and patted my stomach.

He let out a 'phew' kind of sigh and smiled back at me. "Shall we?" 

We walked into the resturant and I had a sense of familiarity. When we reached the podium to request seats, I looked down at the menu. 

"Oh no wonder this place seems so familiar." 

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol looked at me. I hadn't realized I was talking out loud. 

I looked around the resturant and confirmed my thoughts. "Yeah! I used to come here all the time in high school. It's a really cool place where I ate with my-" I stopped talking, realizing what I was about to say.

"With who?" Chanyeol innocently asked. 

I tried to play it off and smiled at him. "I, uh, used to come here all the time with my parents." 

"Must be really good then if you came here all the time, huh?" He chuckled.

"Mhm." I was still thinking about the person I really did used to come here with. As we were led to a nearby table, the surroundings were more than familiar. I glanced around, and everywhere I looked, a new but old memory resurfaced, making me tear up. Chanyeol was walking in front of me and I grabbed his arm, making him turn around. He looked at me with worried eyes, and I guessed it was because I looked like I was about to cry. I gave him another smile before speaking.

"Uh, I just have to go to the bathroom real quick. I didn't really have time to pee before I left."

He laughed before I realized that the last part was stupid of me to say out loud. "Sorry, TMI."

"No, it was funny. Go ahead."

I set my phone and purse down at our table before walking off to the bathroom, I already knew where it was located, so I didn't have to ask.

I entered the bathroom and walked straight to the mirrors. Looking at my face, I saw that my eyes were already starting to glisten a little more than usual. Stop thinking about it Soo Min. Stop thinking about it. 

I put on my game face and slapped my cheeks a little bit before walking back out into the resturant and finding Chanyeol browsing through the menu. 

"Sorry."

"Seriously, Soo Min, it's fine. We all forget to pee sometimes."

"I know you're mocking me." I stuck my tongue out at him. 

"I'm not, I promise. Cross my heart, hope to die." He gestured.

"Oo, you can't go back from that one." I made a face at him.

"Well, I'm not lying, so I think I'll be okay." He laughed at me. "So what do you want to order?"

The next 30 minutes were spent ordering, recieving food, and eating, we talked during that time too, getting to know each other even more. The basic stuff, like birthdays, favorite things, etc.

"Wait, so you're telling me that you still sleep with a stuffed bear every night?" I couldn't help but laugh. 

"Yah, don't make fun of me, I love that bear. It's the same as sleeping with a night light."

I thought for a moment. "Touche."

"So I'm guessing you sleep with a night light then." He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yah, sleeping with a night light is way different from sleeping with a teddy bear every night!" I pouted.

"You think what you want." He took a bite of his kimchi fried rice, which reminded me of the menu back at the cafe that was promoting EXO for the month.

"So........who exactly calls you Channie?" I smirked. He looked up at me with wide eyes.

"My fans do, but..... why the sudden upbringing of that nickname?" He laughed a little.

"I don't know, it's kind of cute."

"Are you gonna call me Channie from now on then? Is that what this is all leading up to?" He frowned.

"No! I'd never call you Channie, it's just a hilarious nickname!" I choked a little on my food thinking about calling Park Chanyeol, 'Channie' on a daily basis. I quickly coughed and took a sip of my lemonade. 

"Are you okay?" 

"Yeah." I said mid-cough.

"You shouldn't laugh so hard when you're eating, it's not really good for you." He poked my forehead. 

"I can't help it. How can someone not laugh calling you Channie??"

"Well, some of my fans call me Channie."

"That's even worse. Fans can think of the most ridiculous names! But in a way, it is kind of cute. I guess." I mumbled the last part. 

"I heard that, and I will accept it." 

"Do what you want. I waved a dismissive hand at him before continuing to eat my barbecue. 

The resturant began to get more crowded as a little more time passed by. There were so many people in the resturant now that it was hard to scoot chairs back just to get out of your seat, so I was glad we were sitting at a booth. The line at the front of the resturant was also getting longer and longer, even leading outside of the resturant. 

"Ah, I'm so full." I patted my stomach. "But very satisfied at the same time." 

"I'm glad to hear that." Chanyeol patted his stomach too. "I am also very satisfied." 

"You're mocking me again aren't you?"

"Whaaaaat? Why would you say that?" 

"Yah!" I reached over to hit him multiple times.  

"Ow, ow. Okay! I'll stop." He held out his pinky. "Pinky promise."

I reluctantly used my pinky to hook onto his as I pulled closer. "Pinky promises are life or death, if you break this pinky promise, all hell will break loose." 

"It's that serious, huh? Okay then." We locked fingers and sealed the deal before releasing and standing up to walk out of the resturant since we were finished with our meal. 

We walked to the front of the resturant slowly, not wanting to disturb others trying to enjoy their meals. I walked in front of Chanyeol, my left arm slightly behind me since there wasn't really room for both my arms to walk straight through with. As soon as we got to the front, I felt and arm grab my wrist. I turned around. 

"What are you d-" I looked back, not expecting to see the person I had originally thought was holding on to me. 

Instead of seeing Chanyeol, before me stood the person who broke my heart.

I quickly pulled my hand away and stared at his face. But all I could think about was slapping him straight across the face. I wasn't going to do it, because I was in public and that would just cause a scene. 

"W-what are you doing here?" I stuttered a little even though I tried to keep calm. 

"What? No hi?" He smiled at me before leaning in to give me a hug. The familiarity of his body sent shock waves throughout me, and suddenly I was thinking of all the times I was with him, the time when I was truly happy. 

The time before he broke my heart into a million pieces. I smiled slightly and pulled away. 

"Danny, I didn't think I'd ever see you again if I was being completely honest." 

"I can't believe you didn't think you would see me again! I'm everywhere didn't you know?" He grinned.

I smiled weakly at his happy/peppy attitude at the moment. Does he not remember our past? 

"No." I bluntly answered. My feelings of hatred towards him began to resurface as I thought about how I came to hate him because of what he put me through. 

"I was just joking, Soo. Are you okay?" He reached out to grab my hand but I took a small step back. 

"I'm fine." 

"Oh, alright. What are you doing here then? I heard you went to America." 

I scoffed at his sudden interest. I was about to speak when I realized that Chanyeol was gone. I looked around. I swear he was right behind me before I ran into Danny.

"Soo Min?" He tapped my shoulder. 

"What?" 

"Oh I was just looking for-" 2 hands appeared at my waist and I was surprised when I received a kiss on my forehead. 

I quickly pushed the figure away. "What the hell are you doing?" I stared at Danny with furrowed brows. 

"Sorry. I just...... missed you." 

"Then you should have just said that. You can't just go around doing that to people. Especially not me." I turned away in disbelief. I could feel tears forming in my eyes again. Where the hell was Chanyeol? I just wanted to leave. 

To be honest, I felt complete again when Danny kissed my forehead. That's what he used to do to show me he cared in public places, instead of PDA to the max. 

Yes, I still had some feelings left for Danny, but every time I thought of him, it just hurt even more. 

"Soo Min, I'm sorry." He walked over to me and pulled me over to the side. "I'm sorry for what I did to you back then, I wanted to apologize, but before I could, you went to America to finish your senior year."

I wanted to listen to what he had to say. "So? You would've tried harder if you really wanted to apologize." 

"I can't just fly to America. How was I supposed to contact you? I had to wait for you. 

"Yeah? Well I've been vack for a good 3-4 months so you're kinda late." I scoffed. 

"Can we just talk about this? I've really missed you..... Soo Min I-" 

Danny saying that he missed me hit me right in the heart, I could already feel myself becoming weak. A hand reached over and pulled me towards their body, but this time, it wasn't Danny. 

I looked up to see a figure staring at Danny with furrowed brows. 

"Don't talk to my girlfriend." 

Chanyeol. Where was he all this time? 

WAIT. WHAT. GIRLFRIEND? 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

hey guys! Just a short little update for today! I'm sorry if it was too cliché, I'll get to the good stuff next chapter! I was busy this weekend performing four shows of Peter Pan Jr. with my theatre company, so that's why it took me a couple of days to get a new update going. Don't forget to upvote, comment, and subscribe! Love you all!! 

XOXO, 

Mae