Ten

Not So Average

ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring r-

My hand slammed down on my alarm clock, I just wanted it to shut up. Why was my alarm set up anyways? I groaned as I rolled over in my bed to check the time. 8:30am

Well great. It's so early in the morning yet I'm awake, and there's no way I'm going back to sleep now. I rubbed my eyes and walked over to the bathroom to take a quick shower. 

 

I felt more refreshed after my short shower. I threw on some workout shorts and a t-shirt before going downstairs to grab some breakfast. To my surprise, Ha Yeon was already up. 

"Good morning, sunshine." She laughed as she poured herself some orange juice. 

"Do I look like sunshine to you right now?"

"Are you trying to say you look ugly right now?"

"Yes. Look at me, I'm a mess besides the fact that I just took a shower. What are you doing up so early anyways? You aren't usually up until 10:00am or so." I walked over to the toaster and placed some cinnamon raisin bread inside. 

"Welllllllllllllllll....." she bit her lip and sipped her orange juice. 

I had a suspicious feeling in my gut. "Welllllllllllllllll' what?" I eyed her. 

"So you know how last night we were talking about you having Park Chanyeol's number, but you refused to call him?"

"Ha Yeon, what did you do this time?"

"Don't yell at me or get mad at me okay? I did this for you." she pointed at me and walked to the table to continue eating her breakfast.

"And what exactly did you do for me?"

"Last night you left your phone in my room."

"And?" I wasn't getting what she was trying to say. 

"So, since you refused to text Chanyeol, I did it for you." She held a book in front of her face to shield from my wrath. 

"You texted him? What exactly did you say?"

"Uh, I think you should look for yourself." She walked over and handed me my phone, I shot lasers into her back as she sat back down. 

I opened my messages and read them.

 

- Hi, it's Soo Min. I hope you weren't waiting too long for me to text you. (-:

 

- Hey! I was actually just about to text you. I thought you said you weren't someone to text first?

 

-Oh, uh I lost a bet against Ha Yeon so I had to give in and text first. 

 

-I see. I know this is really sudden, but do you want to hang out tomorrow?

 

-I'd love too! What time should we meet?

 

-I could come pick you up if you'd like. Say around.... 10am? I have a fun day planned already!(: I'll need your address though, I don't mean to sound creepy. xD

 

-Sure thing! It's 6145 Lineview Road.

 

-Great, see you tomorrow Soo Min(: Goodnight.

 

-Goodnight!(:

 

".....He's coming here?!"

"Please stop yelling, it's so early in the morning."

"Ha Yeon, are you kidding me? I already told you I didn't want to start anything with Park Chanyeol. Why would you do this? He'll be here in an hour already!!"

"That's why I'm up early, I'm going to help you get ready. And you need to give this a chance. I told you, things like this don't happen everyday. We literally met EXO and Park Chanyeol gave YOU his number FIRST. Can you stop being such a baby about this? I know you've been hurt before, but you can't just live under a rock for the rest of your life! Please, just live a little and go hang out with him for one day, it's not like your getting married to him! Although that would be a bonus." she snickered the last part quietly, but I still heard her. 

"We're not getting married." I took a deep breath. "Fine. I'll hang out with him this one time, and that's it. But it's not going to be very fun, I can already tell. He's just a friend and it'll always be that way, no matter how you look at it."

"Say what you want." she waved her hand at me. "Hurry and eat, so I can get you all ready and dolled up!"

"We're just hanging out, why do I have to get all dolled up?"

"Because you have to look good if you're gonna end up all over the magazines."

"Ugh, do you see what I mean? What's wrong with you?"

"I'm just kidding. Finish your breakfast you're wasting time!" 

I rolled my eyes and quickly finished my breakfast before following her into her room. I was so going to kill her for this whole situation later. 

 

9:49am. Ha Yeon had finally finished my hair and light makeup, and ransacked my closet to find the perfect "hang out" outfit for such short notice. I looked over to the mirror and nodded slightly in approval. Although I wish I knew where I was actually going to be going today. I wore a simple dress, but I felt too formal. 

"Is all of this really necessary?" 

"Duh. You want to dress to impress."

"Why would I want to impress Chanyeol?"

"Oh shut your mouth, I know deep down inside, you're so excited."

I guess Ha Yeon was right. I was excited to see Chanyeol again, but I didn't really know what to expect. I expect it to be kind of an awkward day, where we hang out and don't talk much. 

I still couldn't believe it. I was going on a date with Chanyeol. No, wait, it's not a date, we're just hanging out as two friends. Not a big deal. 

"Okay, maybe I'm a little excited. But I told you, even on the off chance of me falling for him, it's not gonna happen, and you just have to accept that, because I already have."

"I'm not accepting anything until you know that for sure. Haven't you ever watched a kdrama in your life?"

"Yeah, and those are all fictional stories. Don't get your hopes up." I grabbed my phone and purse and walked out of the room.

As I was walking down the stairs, the doorbell rang, and my stomach was doing somersaults. Okay Soo Min, calm yourself. I took deep breaths and looked back up at Ha Yeon, who was waiting at the top of the stairs, waving and smiling. I forced a smile since I couldn't focus on anything else, and waved back at her. She mouthed 'Fighting!' before I walked up to the door and grabbed the handle. I took yet another deep breath and slowly opened the door, ready with a smile on my face. 

 

 

Chanyeol stood there with a shy grin on his face. "Hey."

My instincts took over and I slammed the door right in his face. I turned around to see Ha Yeon running down the stairs like a bull running towards the fighter in an arena. 

"Why did you just slam the door on his face?" 

"I-I-I don't know." I honestly didn't. Once I opened the door, there Chanyeol stood, right in front of me. He was wearing a button up with a pullover sweater on top, and jeans, but for some reason, seeing him made me blush. "Ugh, what is wrong with me? Get yourself together Soo Min!" I slapped my cheeks to get rid of any embarrassment I might've been showing on my face. 

"It's just a day of hanging out, just like you said. Calm down. And, open the door before he thinks you're psycho." Ha Yeon pushed me foward. 

"But why do I have to do this? I can't do this!"

"You can't back out now! Go!"

"Okay! Fine, I admit it. I'm scared to hang out with Chanyeol because I'm scared to go in that direction again. Please don't make me."

"Well I'm glad you finally admitted it but you could've said that an hour ago if you wanted to get out of this." She pushed me to the door and opened it herself. Chanyeol stood there, wide-eyed and confused.

"Have fun!" Ha Yeon giggled. "Hi Chanyeol, don't worry, she was just a little nervous." And with that, I was pushed out of my own house, and the door slammed behind me. 

"Aish, that girl." 

I forgot that Chanyeol had been standing there until he cleared his throat.

"Oh, Chanyeol! I'm so sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me today." 

"Were you that nervous to see me?" He smirked.

"No." I lied. 

"Then why'd you slam the door on my face?" 

I could feel my cheeks turning red.

"I forgot to grab something, and I instinctively closed the door. Sorry." I lied again. This is gonna be a rough day.

"You look very pretty, by the way." He smiled as he held out his arm, gesturing me to link mine to his.

I laughed nervously before slowly putting my arm through his arm. "Thank you, you look pretty too." I giggled.

"Yah, I look pretty? What about nice, or handsome?"

"Don't push your luck, Park Chanyeol."

He put his hands up in defense. "Sorry, sorry." 

He led me to the passenger seat of his car, and politely opened the door. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, my lady."

"Uh, not your lady." I poked him in the shoulder and slightly pushed him away.

"Haha, sorry. I wanted to try that." He closed the door and walked to the driver's side, getting in as I buckled my seatbelt.

"Just be yourself. So, where are we going exactly?"

"Surprise."

"Oh noooo." I laughed. 

"What you don't like surprises?" 

I was quiet for a second as I contemplated how to answer. "Uh, of course I love surprises." I smiled brightly at him. 

"Good. Then we're off."

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Just a small update for today! I don't know how I feel about this chapter, I was trying to sort out my thoughts. LOL, don't worry, the next few chapters will be mindblowing!!! (or will they?!) Love you guys!

XOXO,

Mae