Nineteen

Not So Average

"Mmmoookay, what is going on? Is this a surprise party? Wait, no, it's not even my birthday. Is it someone's birthday?" 

I panned the faces looking at me. They were all standing in a line like they were all about to mob me. 

"You guys are seriously making me really scared. Seriously, what's going on?"

Out of nowhere, the president of SM started loudly clapping his hands. Slowly at first, but then it turned into an applause. Was that supposed to be for me? I turned and looked behind me, expecting some SM artist to be behind me, which would explain all the applause. But when I didn't find anyone behind me, my brain started to hurt.

Seriously, what was going on? I couldn't find any more words to even explain my confusion. I waited for their applause to stop, which was eerily creeping me out. I looked at Ha Yeon and saw her going along with the rest, giggling at me. 

What? Okay, I've had enough, this day was turning out to be so weird.

"Okay, what the hell is going on right now?!" I was becoming so frustrated. 

In an instant, the clapping stopped, and the president walked down off the stage, towards me. 

"Kim Soo Min, you.... you are who we've been looking for."

Looking for? "Ah sorry, I went to the bathroom with Ha Yeon I didn't think anyone would go looking for me."

He looked at me with amused eyes and then started laughing. 

I felt liek I was dreaming one of those dreams that make no sense whatsoever. 

"Yah, Kim Soo Min, he means you're the voice they've been looking for," Ha Yeon said as she chuckled.

Without thinking I started to defend myself. "Ha Yeon! I thought we said we weren't going to let them-" 

Well . I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. 

"Why didn't you just say something? You've been here all day, and I wouldn't even expect that voice to come from you." 

Ouch. 

"I, uh.. sorry?"

"No! Don't be! We're glad that we finally find you, right boys?"

I looked up at all of EXO onstage, nodding their heads excitedly. I panned over their happy expressions, all of them waving and smiling at me. My face turned slightly sour when my eyes landed on Chanyeol. I don't know why, but I blamed him along with Ha Yeon for what was happening.

"Yeah!! Does that mean we get to see Soo Min all the time now?" Xiumin smiled. They were all so cute acting like little kids. Although I don't know why they were so excited when it came to me. 

"We still have to talk about a contract, but we'll see Xiumin," the president chuckled at thier child like behavior.

I raised my eyebrows and panic spread on my face. "C-contract? What about a contract? I didn't agree to anything."

"No, not yet. But hopefully we'll be able to draft one up by the end of the day."

"I can't believe you didn't tell us. But we kind of knew the whole time anyways." Suho laughed as he patted my back, followed by a thumbs up. "Hopefully we'll be able to see you a lot more often. I'm glad Chanyeol and Kai found that recording of you singing and gave it to pres."

That was it. "What?"

"You boys have given me a chance to start a new branch at SM. Thank you," he bowed at Chanyeol and Kai, who sheepishly smiled at the gesture.

I looked at Ha Yeon who probably saw how red my face was getting, because she looked geuniely scared when I glared at her. This was probably part of her plan too. No wonder she was so peppy earlier.

"I am so sorry, and excuse my language? But what the actual ." I blurted out. 

Silence fell over the room, and I could feel stares from everyone.

The president cleared his throat and spoke. "I'm sorry this must all seem very rushed. I'm sure you're flustered right now since a lot of things are happening at once. I should probably explain. Chanyeol and Kai were there when you were in our new recording booths. I guess one of you must've hit record and forgot to erase the rocrding of Soo Min singing. After you left, Chanyeol went back and found that the recording was still there and brought it to me. Although, I don't know why he thought anything would be there. Maybe he's taking an interest in you too." He chuckled at the end. 

But I had stopped processing his words after he talked about Chanyeol going back and bringing my recording to the president.

"You've got to be kidding me," I scoffed.

Everyone noticed the tenison in the room rise when I spoke. Even I thought I was being a little harsh, but I wasn't believing my ears. I was so furious at everyone at the moment, whether they did something to contribute to this mess or not. I didn't want to be here.

"Soo Min, are you okay? Are you... mad?" Chen spoke softly. I feel like he was very uncomfortable in the tension. 

"No, I'm not mad. I'm furious. For so many reasons." 

After recieving slight glances and nervous lip biting from everyone in the room, especially from Ha Yeon, Chanyeol, and Kai, I turned around and walked away without saying another word. I couldn't say anything more. Words weren't even going to come out of my mouth if I tried to talk, it's just what happens when I get infuriated like this. 

I was 10 steps away when I could hear footsteps chasing behind me. "No, Soo Min, wait! Let us explain." 

Ha Yeon. 

"Soo Min!" I could hear Chanyeol's deep and husky voice call after me.

For some reason, tears were starting to well up in my eyes. This whole time I couldn't speak because I was thinking about this situation. In my head I was thinking about taking up on the president's offer, but how could I?

How could I do anything when all of this was done behind my back? How am I supposed to do this? An average girl like me doesn't belong in the entertainment industry. But the biggest thing that gnawed at me was the fact that Chanyeol and Kai did this without my permission. They didn't even bother asking me if he could do anything with that recording. I put my heart and soul into singing in that moment. They just gave it up to show, and I don't even know why. But the most frustrating part about Chanyeol doing this behind my back?

 

Everytime I thought of him, my heart skipped a beat. What is that supposed to mean?

 

*****

A/N: Whoa Soo Min, what?? Chanyeol makes your heart skip a beat?!

Ahhhhh, super short update today since I might not be able to update for a couple of days. And here is yet another cliffhanger. Don't kill me please.

Poor Soo Min, she doesn't know how to feel right now.

Anyways, I love you guys! 

XOXO, 

Mae