Seven

Not So Average

2 years later. 

Our manager came over with popcorn and drinks for us to enjoy while we watched our latest MV for Call Me Baby. Today is March 30, 2015. EXO has had a lot of up and downs the past couple of years, and we couldn't believe we were already coming out with our second full album, "EXODUS" 

If you're wondering, I never got the chance to see or hear from Kim Soo Min since the last time I saw her in California. The days following us coming back to Korea 2 years ago were filled with me nonchalantly trying to get a hold of her somehow. The only way I got to see her was through Instagram. That was the only form of social media she had, but it didn't make a difference since she barely posted on there anyways. Actually, the last time she posted something was a couple months after we had left America. It was a picture of her and Ha Yeon at graduation, both of them looked as excited as ever. But she hasn't posted anything after that. I used to check her profile everyday, hoping I just missed something she posted, but she hasn't been active.

I spent about 4 months trying to find a way to reconnect with her. What she was up to now, or if she stayed in California, but I didn't find out anything, not even now. To be honest, I forgot about her and most of the incident she was involved in when our schedule started to become busy again. All of us in EXO had to work extremely hard to get to this comeback, and that meant no slacking off. Our new album was different from all others we had done before, we had to put in a lot more work for the new teasers for each member, which included traveling to different places. I didn't intend for her to slip out of my mind, but I guess that kind of thing just happens when you don't see someone for 2 long years. 

We refreshed the YouTube channel several times before it finally appeared on the SMTOWN homepage. Kai nervously hovered over the video before looking at us. "You ready to see the final product guys?"

We all nodded our heads vigorously before he finally clicked on the video. 

We sang along and even started dancing, but it was great feeling to finally have our hard work broadcasted for anyone in the world to see on YouTube. We always felt a sense of accomplishment anytime our MV's or songs were uploaded to the internet. Hard work does pay off. 

After the video ended, we all hollered and whooped. I felt a rush of adrenaline pulse through me, it was an amazing feeling. 

Our manager stood up and clapped for us. "Boys, you've worked extremely hard for the past year, and even the years before that, I'm proud of you all. Now get some rest, you'll be performing this song a lot more on stage so stop listening to yourselves before you get annoyed." He laughed. 

"Okay, okay." Baekhyun waved. "Goodnight!" 

The rest of us said our good nights to each other as we settled into bed. We had a long few weeks ahead of us, with a crazy schedule of performances. I slept like a baby that night. 

 

3 weeks later

The last couple of weeks had been tiring, but very much worth it. EXO won for Call Me Baby on SBS Inkigayo, and we couldn't be more honored to have recieved such an award, especially since our song has been out for, not long. We all sat in the living room of our dorm, D.O and Lay cooking, and the rest of the boys sprawled out over the couch on their phones or playing games on the TV. I was so tired I didn't know what to do really. I had just taken a nap and I couldn't decide whether I should join in on the video games, or just relax for a little bit more. 

"Waaaa, there are so many of these?" Sehun suddenly blurted out. I looked at him and chuckled, he looked like a monkey the way he was laying on the couch. 

"So many of what?"

"I was looking up how many views our music video got, and scrolled down to see all the 'reaction' videos for our music video. There are so many!!" His finger kept scrolling and scrolling and scrolling. I knew about reaction videos before, but there seemed to be more than normal just by the amount of times he scrolled down. I walked over and sat next to him, and to my surprise, there were tons. 

"We should watch those, I want to see what our fans think of our hip s." Kai smirked.

I laughed before grabbing Sehun's phone and connecting it wirelessly to the TV. I grabbed the remote and so this began our binge watching of reactions to our Call Me Baby MV for about 2 hours. 

All of them were hilarious. They varied from girls squealing at the whole video, to guys smirking at the video, which was actually pretty funny. Soon enough, all of us were sitting there eating dinner and watching almost every video there was, another 4 hours passing by in the blink of an eye. 

Tao glanced at the clock. "Yah, we've been watching these for 6 hours. How many more are there??"

Chen scrolled through the phone. "There's more. A LOT more. But I'm not getting tired of it, I could watch these forever."

"I guess you're right." Tao agreed as we watched a guy on the screen start attempting to do the dance moves. I was holding my stomach because it started to hurt overtime. "Oh, god, I love our fans so much."

Another hour passed by and Xiumin stood up. "As much as I love watching these videos, this is our only free day and we've spent most of it sitting here watching them. Can we go out to the plaza?" 

"Yeah, fine let's-"

Sehun refreshed the page of videos. "Wait! There was one that just uploaded right now. Let's just watch this one and then go." He didn't even give any of us time to answer, as he had already clicked on the video. 

"Fine, I guess one more wouldn't hurt." Xiumin plopped back down on the couch.

The video played and a girl appeared on the camera. For some reason, she looked familiar. 

 

"Hiya guys! Okay so before I go on to the actual topic of this video.... don't you guys love my new hair? I just got it dyed yesterday! I thought I'd try out something new. I love ombre hair but why not throw a little pink in there, right? I went to this cool new salon in Seoul a couple blocks from my house to get it done. Okay, so as you've already seen in the title of this video, my bestfriend and I, are going to be reacting to EXO's brand new Call Me Baby MV. Well, she's in the bathroom right now, so I won't start until she gets here." 

There were a couple beats of the girl sitting there waiting for her friend to come when she suddenly spoke up again. 

"Oh, and EXO, if you're watching this, don't make fun of us too much. And P.S. I hope you remember me!" she giggled. 

Remember her? She looked oddly familiar but I couldn't quite place my foot on who she was exactly. Is she a fan we met recently when we went to that high school?

"Here she comes! Yah, hurry up! I want to watch this so bad! You told me I wasn't allowed to until we could watch it together and it's been 3 weeks since this came out! Hurry up!"

She was yelling to her friend that still hadn't appeared in the camera frame. 

"Okay, I'm coming, I'm coming."

Her friend finally came into view and sat down on the bed with her friend. 

"Hi guys." she cheerfully waved to the camera.

I tilted my head to one side. Why do I feel like I know who they are?.........

"Okay let's get to the MV! Finally!!" the girl squealed. The other one shut her eyes and turned to her. 

"Ha Yeon, how many times do I have to tell you to stop screaming when I'm right next to you??"

"Sorrrryyyyyyy. heheheh.." She clicked play on the video and we watched as we had been the whole day. Something was still nagging at me though. It got to the part where Sehun and I start rapping, doing my usual ' E-X-O' bit and I smiled. I love when I do that. The guys were enjoying this reaction video a lot too. 

"OOOOO Soo Min! There's Park Chanyeol!! Doesn't he look dreamy?"

I was surprised that they paid special attention to my part a little more than for the rest of the guys, although it was pretty close. 

After the MV ended, both of the girls were speechless for a while. About 10 seconds passed by before they spoke up again. 

"That. Was FREAKING AMAZING."

"Yeah, it was." 

The girl's friend smiled slightly like she was embarrassed and then looked up at the camera. 

"Another great MV, EXO. I'm really happy for you guys.... And I hope you remember us, if you are watching this." 

She laughed before continuing. 

"Yah, Park Chanyeol, you can't forget me right? I was your damsel in distress 2 years ago! Don't throw me away like a used glove. Great job guys, I'm looking foward to your future albums and songs. Fighting!" 

She held her fists in the air and smiled. 

"Of course they would throw us aside, I bet they forgot about us already. Even though we said not too. Sad face." she frowned. "Well, thanks for watching guys! Look forward to more reactions to MV's with me: Lee Ha Yeon and my bestfriend: Kim Soo Min. We love you!!" 

The video ended. 

 

My mouth had been hanging open since Soo Min said my name at the end of the video. 

"Y-yah..... was that the Kim Soo Min you saved a long time ago back in America?" Kai looked at me. All of the guys were looking at me at this point. 

"Y-yeah........" I was speechless. I hadn't seen either of them for so long, I guess that's why their faces were a blank to me in the begininng. I couldn't believe they were actually there on that video. I had to find out where they were. I realized something as a million thoughts ran through my mind. 

I grabbed Sehun's phone and rewinded back to the beginning. 

" I went to this cool new salon in Seoul a couple blocks from my house to get it done."

I turned to the guys. "She said a salon in Seoul a couple blocks from my house." We live in Seoul. Soo Min has been close to me this whole time and I didn't even know it? Are they just visiting? Are they going back to America?

My mind raced with a million thoughts.

There was a possibility that I could see Soo Min again. 

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Hi guys! Double update, woohoo! Okay so if anyone has questions about how Chanyeol didn't recognize them instantly, Ha Yeon changed her style and hair the past 2 years, and although Soo Min stayed pretty much the same, 2 years is a long enough time to forget someone's face, especially if you don't see them every single day. And Chanyeol never saw Soo Min's face again until he saw her in the video and Ha Yeon said her name. 

^^ just if anyone was confused! Love you all! Don't forget to comment, upvote, and subscribe!

XOXO

Mae