Four

Not So Average

Come on Soo Min. Don't be a whimp. Fight off the pain. 

Chanyeol and the guy were now in a full on fight. It was all my fault that he was being punched in the face right now, he doesn't even know me yet he saved me from what could've been a big disaster. I forced myself to get up despite the pain I felt all over my torso and arms. My legs were still working, so I did what I had to do. I got up, still holding myself to bear the pain a little more and ran towards the two boys throwing fists left and right. 

"Stop! Please!" I yelled. I stood in front of Chanyeol to defend his face. He was still supposed to perform later, how could he if he looked all beat up? My yelling didn't seem to phase the guy because he didn't even realize that I stood in front of Chanyeol before throwing his final punch. Everything went blurry, and then black. Instead of landing on Chanyeol like he had aimed, his fist landed right on my face. 

 


 

I held my arms out and caught her weight before she fell into my arms. She started bleeding out of the side of her head and my eyes widened. I laid her down on the ground before looking up at the culprit. "Dude, are you serious?" I yelled, grabbing his collar. To my surprise he looked completely horrified. He didn't look me in the eyes, but instead down at the girl he had just punched the consciousness out of. I let go of his collar and pushed him away from me, going back to Soo Min. I brushed her hair out of the blood currently streaming down her face. 

At that moment, an adult ran over to the scene, and I recognized he was administrator from the school whom I had talked to earlier on when I wanted to know more details about our gig toinght. "What's happening over here?" his voice boomed. I looked up at him and explained the story very quickly before tending back to Soo Min's face. He brought out his walkie talkie and called over some other adults to help the guy out and help me with Soo Min. 

"I don't know if she needs to go to the hospital." I tried to say in my best English. They smiled and nodded at me and seemed to understand. One of the teachers checked her over and looked up at me. "She does need to go to the hospital, possibly just for a check-up, but for now, you can set her on the couch placed backstage. We have a large first aid kit back there, do you know how to tend to her wounds?" 

"Yes." I replied. They helped me carry her over backstage, of course using the way around, so we wouldn't attract any attention and bother anyone. We reached backstage and I saw all the guys playing some kind of card game together, facing away from us. We set her down on the couch carefully and I bowed out of instinct to the adults before realizing they might've thought that was weird. "Ah, thank you." They simply smiled and told me to find them if anything else occurred before walking away out of the little backstage area. 

I tiptoed over to the front curtain and glanced out at the audience again. I was trying to find Ha Yeon, to let her know that her friend had been in a small accident, she was probably worrying by now. I spotted her as I glanced around and I was right. She was talking with two other girls with a worried expression on her face. I looked back at Soo Min still lying there and then at the guys, who still didn't notice that I was in the room. I ran out quickly and grabbed Ha Yeon's arm without saying a word. She almost tripped over herself, but caught herself just as we reached the backstage area again. I immediately turned around and put my finger to my lips, indicating that I wanted her to be quiet. She nodded, and I walked her over quietly to Soo Min. 

I guess it wasn't the best idea to not tell her what happened before showing her Soo Min in that state. The second she saw her friend bleeding out of the side of her head, she freaked out. 

"Soo Min!" she lightly held her head while she screamed.

"Yah, didn't I tell you to be quiet??" I whisper yelled at her. Of course, by now the guys were all walking towards the couch. I sighed and got up. Sorry guys, there was a small accident that happened outside. I moved over and revealed Soo Min lying on the couch. All of their eyes widened before looking back at me. 

"I thought you just went to use the bathroom, Chanyeol. How did this happen?" Tao asked, wide-eyed. They all started asking questions, getting louder and louder. I shushed them and explained the story in as much detail as possible without taking to long. I had forgotten that Ha Yeon was kneeling by the couch and she stood up, surprising all of us. "Thank you, for saving Soo Min. She's a little oblivious sometimes, I don't know what would've happened to her if she didn't have you there." she spoke in Korean, which was a relief to us. She bowed before pulling out her phone and checking the time. "It's already 11. Ball ends in an hour so I think I should just call my mom to come pick us up. " She smiled at me one last time before exiting the area to call her mom. 

"Are you okay, Chanyeol?" Suho asked, patting my back. I nodded but no words came out. I looked at Soo Min, lying there peacefully and frowned at the sight of her wounds. I could see bruises forming on her arms, just little dark spots starting to show through her skin. Chen walked over and kneeled next to her. 

"She seems to be fine. The bleeding has stopped externally, but I don't know if it's still bleeding internally." He walked over to the first aid kit and took out a roll of gauze. The guys helped him to lift her head carefully before he wrapped her forehead in gauze.  I smiled at the fact that they were caring for her even when they didn't know who she was. Ha Yeon walked back in and kneeled next to Soo Min. "Mom's on her way Soo." she said, her voice breaking a little "Ugh, I don't know why I'm so emotional, you're gonna be okay." she laughed a little. "I feel like we're in a drama. I guess it's not a daydream anymore, huh?"

She sat there for a little longer, maybe about 5 more minutes passed by before her phone started ringing. "Mom, are you here?" she sniffled. "Okay, we'll be right out." she put her phone back in her pocket and stood up before realizing she needed help carrying Soo Min. 

"Oh, u-uh..." she turned around and looked at us. "I don't mean to be a bother, but can one of you help me, please?" 

"Oh I can help you." Sehun volunteered. I looked at him with surprise in my eyes. He usually wasn't one to volunteer like that. He couldn't even get his own water for cryin' out loud.

"I'll help too." I volunteered. "Guys, we should be on in 5 minutes, stall our manager for a little bit if we're not back by then." they all nodded and waved goodbye to Ha Yeon and the unconscious Soo Min before we were out of their sight. 

 


 

I ran away from the scene, trying to stifle my tears, but they just wouldn't stop pouring out. I felt completely and utterly alone, not to mention embarrased. I will never fall in love again. That is what this whole experience taught me. He was just using me this whole time. He was only occupying himself until he moved on to something better, which I guess he has now found. I knew he would leave me once he reached this point of fame, but I couldn't bring myself to leave him...... Where did I go wrong?....

 

I opened my eyes and squinted at the light shining through. I tried to lift my arm try and minimize the light streaming straight onto my face, but I found that if I even attempted to lift my arm, it hurt like hell. After that didn't work, I tried to sit up, but that didn't work either, since my head was throbbing. I felt like a useless piece of wood. I laid there and tried to use my peripheral vision to look around the room. Well, for starters, I noticed that I definitely wasn't in my own room. I panicked for a little thinking about the events that had happened the previous night. I groaned as I slowly remembered what did happen.

Oh, right, I was almost a victim. I tried to remember what happened after he threw me against the railing in the elevator. The doors were about to close when.......

I quickly sat upright remembering Park Chanyeol standing at the elevator door with anger in his eyes. I squealed in pain, forgetting that any kind of subtle movement would add to my pain. "Aaaouuch." I tried to roll my head in a full circle to stretch it out, but I didn't get that far since it was pretty bruised up from that guy grabbing my neck. I frowned. I AM A LITERAL PIECE OF WOOD RIGHT NOW. I sighed and laid back down as slowly as possible. Once I was settled in the bed again, the door opened and I blinked a couple of times. 

"Soo Min! You're awake.. are you okay?" I knew it was Ha Yeon just by her voice. I slightly turned my head and smiled at her.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Well, besides the overwhelming pain I felt from my waist up." I spat out a small laugh. I asked her why I was in her bedroom and she told me that my parents weren't home last night, so it was better to stay at her house for the time being. My parents apparently were informed about the accident though. 

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you when that guy attacked you. I should've stuck around you, I was just so mesmerized by EXO that I couldn't even-"

"Hey, I don't really remember what happened after he attacked me. Who saved me?" I had to confirm with her that I wasn't dreaming that Park Chanyeol had appeared to save me.

"Ah." she giggled a little before answering me. "Park Chanyeol saved you. And he carried you over to the backstage area so they could tend to your wounds." she said tapping my head lightly. "And then him and Oh Sehun helped me carry you to my mom's car. I called her to pick us up early." 

I smiled at the fact that it was all real, I wasn't dreaming then. "I have to thank all of them then....." I frowned. "If we ever see them again..." I was dissappointed. It wasn't exactly the way I'd imagined meeting the famous EXO, but I was happy that they even helped me when they didn't even know me. Ha Yeon was already dialing a number on her phone when I looked back to her. 

"Hello? Yes, hi. Uhm, I was wondering how much longer EXO will be staying at the Hyatt?" a few moments passed by before there was an answer. "They're leaving today? Oh, yes, thank you." she put her phone down and grabbed my hand. "We still have the chance to thank them. They're leaving TODAY." she emphasized. "C'mon get dressed."

I looked at her like she was crazy. "Hey, I might be able to move my legs, but my upper body can barely move. How do you expect me to do anything?" 

"I'll help you. And we have wheelchair from my broken leg days, remember?"

I sighed realizing I'd have to be crippled saying thank you to the one and only members of EXO. "Okay."