Chapter 6

Triple Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong In’s POV

I rang the bell to Ha Neul’s house, waiting for her to open it. I was supposed to take care of the kids since she had to stay to her job until late due to a meeting. It’s actually a very good chance for me to spent time with them.

“Good morning. Come on in.” Ha Neul invited me in as she was wearing her shoes.

“Where are they? Are they sleeping?” I asked seeing no one around

“That’s right. When they wake up make them drink their milk, you’ll find it inside the fridge. I have already prepared breakfast, what you need to do is heat it up.” She stopped for a while when her earring got stuck to her coat. I approached her and helped her by taking off her earring, she tried to avoid my eyes but the distance between us wasn’t helping at all…

“Thank you… I’ll just take both of them off…” I nodded my head she then continued what she was saying before.

“As I was saying… Jong Soo and Ha Na are the easiest to wake up. With Jong Ha you’ll have a small problem, just tell him that breakfast is ready and he will get up on his own accord. After they eat make sure they brush their teeth and if you have any question just call me.”

“Do they know that I am going to take care of them?” I asked

“Yep. Don’t worry about that.  They were excited when they heard that it was you instead of the ahjumma next door. By the way…” she paused and when I stared at her she continued “Are you sure you can stay with them? Don’t you have to go to your company or something?”

“Don’t worry about that. Lay hyung has taken care of everything, he is my P.A after all.”

“Fine then… Ow did I say that if you have a question about something you can ask me?”

“You did. Now Mrs.Man leave, you are going to be late.” I pushed her outside the door and then closed it.  Now I am left alone… what can I possibly do? I am just going to see whether they are awake or not. I opened the door slowly. Ha Na and Jong Ha were sleeping in the same position… it’s actually the same position I sleep, Jong Soo on the other hand was up rubbing his eyes. I guess he woke up first. I opened the door slightly and Jong Soo saw me. He got up and then walked past me… And here I thought we could have gotten closer since the day he came scared to me. I still remember it how he walked toward me and shook me and when I opened my eyes he asked me to sleep with me because he was scared and he didn’t even want to go to his mom because he didn’t want her to think he is a coward… isn’t he just so cute?...

“Good morning Jong Soo.” I said. He was already  sitting at the chair of the counter.

“Good morning.” His voice was low and hesitant… it still hurts me to think that he doesn’t feel comfortable with me, even though he is shy just like Ha Neul said…

“Do you want me to give you your milk?” he nodded his head, I ruffled his hair and then headed to the fridge. I opened it and took out the bottle of milk, filled a glass and gave it to him.

“Here drink it and when your siblings get up I’ll give you your breakfast, unless you want it now” he shook his head

“I am fine, I’ll wait for them.” He slowly drank his milk, sometimes he was staring at me but immediately looked at a random object.

“Ahjussi can I ask you something?”  I turned my head at him once he asked me and then nodded.

“Tell me, do you need something? I’ll do it!” he crossed his arms in front of his chest and stared at me with a serious look.

“Do you like my mom?” I was left… speechless… Is it so obvious?!  I mean I do like her but I am trying to hide it since she doesn’t have the same feelings as me but this kid over here… how does he know it?

“Why aren’t you answering?” I blinked my eyes by the way he stared at me… his eyes are intimidating now… just like his mother…

“Well do you like me?” I decided to ask him in order to avoid his question.

“Well I don’t hate you… But you didn’t answer do you like my mom?” aish… he is clever isn’t he? If I say no then he might dislike me because of that, if I say yes he might dislike me because he’ll think I am going to take her away from him…

“What do you want me to do?  Should I like her or shouldn’t I?” he stared at me confused, he scratched his head while thinking and then he gave me an answer.

“Will you take her away if you like her?” yep that’s what I thought he would be scared of.

“You don’t have to worry about it because even if I like you mom she doesn’t…”

“So you do like her…” I nodded my head while biting my lip… “”Ahjussi don’t you ever try taking my mom away… She belongs to me Jong Ha and Ha Na…” 

“Don’t worry, I told you I am never going to take her away. By the way, why are you being so distant to me? I am here every day for two weeks and you still don’t want me.” I pouted having a sad face, his eyes softened.

“It’s because… You yelled to mom. I heard it.”  Ow~…. So that’s it… well… I can’t defend myself...

“But she said you did it because you were worried about her…” Ow? She said that? So she actually defended me…

“Jong Soo ah, how about you stop being shy and start liking me like Jong Ha and Ha Na do?”  he stared at me for a while but then hesitantly nodded his head.

“Pinky promise then, that you’ll play with me just like your dongsaengs do.” Yay, I am so happy. He finally accepted me. Now the only thing that remains is to say that I am their dad, but I’ll have to discuss with Ha Neul about that.

“Ahjussi good morning!” I stared at the doorframe to see Ha Na waving at me, her hair were messy and she was smiling cutely while running at me hugging me. I returned back the hug as I sat her on the chair beside her brother.

“Oppa good morning.” She kissed her brothers cheek while hugging him. She seems to be in a good mood.

“Here drink your milk.” She thanked me and then started drinking it. Just then Jong Ha came inside and sat at the chair with his eyes closed

“Good morning… can I have my milk?” he asked in a sleepy voice as I placed the glass of milk in front of him.  After they finished they started playing around the house, it sure was noisy bit it was funny too.  I heated up the food that Ha Neul told me and then placed in on the table.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter