Chapter 3

Triple Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong In’s POV

It’s been a week since Sehun and Chanyeol told me about Ha Neul and the only thing that detective was able to find was the workplace, no Sherlock I knew that myself.  My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door, I stared at it and Lay entered my office. Lay hyung is my personal assistant so I and he meet a lot.

“I brought this. You need to sign them so we can proceed the deal.” He handed me a black folder and as he told me I signed it.

“Jong In ah… are you fine?” he asked as he sat on the seat in front of me “You don’t look fine I think you need to rest”

“I am fine…” I replied without looking at him.

“Were you able to find her?” he asked me once he got up from his seat, I shook my head and then replied.

“Other than her workplace nothing else… The detective said that there are no information about her, just like a person who was never born… I don’t think I’ll ever be able to find her…”

“Why don’t you go to her workplace? And if you don’t want to appear in front of her at that place follow her to her house” I raised my head to stare at him, a smile formed on my face.

“Hyung… you give me the best ideas. I swear I didn’t think of that. But… the thing is that I can’t leave work to go and meet her…” I sat back on my seat as Lay hyung smiled at me.

“Don’t worry leave everything to me, I am your personal assistant after all. You have to trust me.”  He is right, the reason why I choose him is because I can trust him.

“Are you sure about it?” he nodded his head “Just go and find her. Give her a big scolding from me too” I nodded my head and then got up. I searched the address of her workplace and went there. I waited inside my car but… what if she isn’t working today since it’s Saturday… I’ll just wait and if she doesn’t come out for the next hours I’ll leave.
   More than an hour passed but there was no sign of her, just when I decided to give up and leave, some people came out from the building and among them there she was…  I felt my heart aching and I felt uncomfortable at her sight, she has become thinner, back then she was chubby and cute but now… She bowed at the others and then run to her car. She started her it and I followed behind. Aish this stupid woman… why is she driving so fast… it’s not that someone is chasing her… what if she gets into an accident?
        After fifteen minutes of driving we arrived at a place. It’s not one of the best and safest places but I guess it’s the kind of place where people with not a great income would live. After she parked her car she came out of it and then run to an apartment building. I went out as well and run after her. She was waiting for the elevator while staring at her screen phone with a smile. I was about to approach her but my feet froze and I couldn’t move… I can’t show myself in front of her not yet… I need to prepare myself… What if I cause problem to her family because of me? And what if I cause pain to me this way? Just by seeing her I am feeling pain that’s how much I love her and that’s how much it hurt me when she left…  The elevator arrived and she went in, it stopped at the fifth floor so I guess that’s where she lives. I called the elevator and then pushed the button to the fifth floor.  I got out and there were four doors… Should I just knock on every door or should I just leave…? Aish Kim Jong In, don’t back down… you are already here so why leave and if her husband asks about me then I’ll just lie and somehow ask her to meet me outside…
        I decided to ring on the first door and from it an ahjussi from it.

“I am sorry to bother you, but could you please help me with something?” I asked kindly, he nodded his head and so I went on. “Is there any woman name Man Ha Neul living here?”

“Yes, she lives in that house over there.” He pointed at the last door of the corridor, I thanked him and then approached that house… I stood frozen in front of the door, that’s it…
Kim Jong In you have to do it, you deserve an explanation for everything…
I finally took the initiation to ring the doorbell and once I did, I heard Ha  Neul’s voice telling someone to open the door and when it did opened… in front of me were standing three kids… they seemed to be about the same age and they had a resemblance… could it be that they are triplets? The three kids blinked their eyes  and then shouted at the same time. “Omma~!”   Omma?! So she had triplets?!  I stared up to find Ha Neul coming out from a room… my heart started beating as painful memories passed over my mind and my hands started shaking.

“Go to your room… omma and that man need to talk…” the kids wanted to stay in the living room so she gave in, that’s why she approached me and pushed me outside of her house.

“Are you going to chase me out like this? Without any explanation?” she was about to close the door but once I said that she came out with me.

“Please leave… there is nothing to explain!”

“Not until you tell me the reason you left me. It’s been five years, don’t you think I need a good explanation?”

“Look… if all of this years you were thinking about me then please forget me. And as for the reason I left… You know it better than I do”

“What? So now I am at fault? How is that even possible when you were the one to leave?” I started yelling, she was  making me angrier… “Can’t you just tell me the reason and stop playing with  me?”

“You want a reason? Ok then…” she was now the one yelling but that wasn’t the end of it “The reason why I left was because I started to hate you…  I stopped loving you… Now go…”  I don’t plan to leave just like this…  she stopped loving me? Then what was the reason for that?

“Did you find someone else?”  she stared at me in confusion and as I kept going she was getting even more confused “Is he the father of those kids?” I pointed inside the house, she was staring at me dumbfounded.

“Kim Jong In sshi… I am a single mother… I had to raise my kids alone that’s why those kids don’t have a father… there is only me… They don’t have a father and they don’t need one! Now can you please leave?”  Just then the door opened and one of her kids came out

“Omma… who is this man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter